1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite body sculpt?

Feb 18, 2019

1. For me, I have a few different ones that have different reasons why their my favorites.

For overall posing and sturdy standing, that honor goes to the Loongsoul 68cm body. He can stand in one spot for hours (literally—I actually left him standing once for quite awhile, and he did it like a real champ. Thankfully my cat didn't decide to knock him over during that time :sweat). He also has a jointing system that allows him a variety of different poses, and the joints lock in position to hold the poses for a longer period. And this is straight out of the box, so no sueding required. Also—love the magnetic bits for the land down under:wiggle.

It's a pretty similar thing for the Doll Leaves 70cm boy body. Although he doesn't stand sturdy like the Loongsoul boy, his double joints give his a wide range of posing options, and they hold position pretty nicely too.

As for the slouchers, I have to give this to three different bodies. First: Popodoll 68cm boy body. The body holds poses really nicely, but it also slouches and takes casual postures very naturally (admittedly...I also like the...ahem—mobility of those...manbits :XD:). Next would have to be Dollshe's 28M boy body. Although he can be a bit of a pain getting into standing poses, he looks so natural (and quite sexy) when he's just lounging around.

The third goes to the Impldoll Star FGB body (the more slender one in the Star line, and the first released). For being a two part torso, I can get her into a range of different poses, and she holds them quite well (which was a bonus, as that girl in particular is a sensuous poser).

I'll say this about Fairyland's Minifee: the body (a-line) has some really nice, natural posing with the arms, and they are quite sturdy standers. One gripe I do have that keeps it off my faves list is the lack of her ability to properly kneel. Her butt hangs 45 degrees in the air when I try to get her to kneel, or her legs fall sideways out from under her to make her take on a less natural pose. I'm admittedly a stickler about kneeling; an excellent posing body can kneel, a pretty one will only half-ass it:lol:

2. 70cm body :LLT Ballerino
      1/4 body :DIM Happy New Boy Body 2 ver

3. Dollzone B70-004 or the B70-005, but I've not found a head I'd like for it yet!!! I'm hoping DZ will release more heads for this body.

4. I like the beauty of the Volks SD Graffiti body, their high heel legs are so beautiful and I love their hands. I also love Ariadoll’s bodies but I didn’t get to buy one before they went under and I don’t like Switch’s wider shoulders. Third favorite would be Limhwa, the body is so incredibly detailed!

I don’t really pose my dolls so beauty of the sculpt and simplicity in the joints are my preference. I’d rather have less mobility if the joints are sleek. Of course having it all would be nice too!

5. From a posing perspective I have to say that the Shinydoll Thaasa III body is my all time favourite. Seven years down the line it still poses as well as it did when I unpacked it. I also find it to be overall attractive and with knees that look good regardless of position.
      Aesthetically speaking I've always been partial to the Dollstown Elf body and the 2013 version is a solid (though not particularly impressive) poser.

6. I've got a Universdoll body, and overjoyed with his posability. Waiting for a 71cm Dream Valley body, and I am corious, which will be better. Those are my two favourites for aesthetic. Well If DV realised 71cm body earlier, I not buyed the UD body. But no regrets, I love my doll to the moon and back, just for his crazy posable joints. And that body is just awesome looking, I am a freak for fine details that's why I bought it at the end. I hope that DV body will be as gorgeous as I think it is. Oh and I just fell for Dollzone 68cm body. It's crazy beautiful... Maybe one day I'll own one of that too. For girls I like DC Y-body 6.

7. I really love my doll chateau k-body-11. The over exaggerated hips are the cutest!

8. Dream of teen 64 cm boy body. I couldn’t find any company that make similar form with that height.

9. What are some of your favorite doll bodies? I find that I'm becoming more...particular over my dolls bodies. My favorite is Dollzone 1/3 female. I just LOVE it. After that it would be the Xaga 1/4 Heart line body.

10. For MSDs/1/4 scale I like the Fairyland MNF bodies, I also like Dream Valley's 44cm body that is more like 47cms with a head, and their 3 armed ones. For SD/1/3 I like Ringdoll 68 males, and I really like the Iplehouse male and female SID "model" bodies a lot. I also like Fairyland's Feeple lines for look and posing. Oh and the 63cm Doll Zone boy is a really nice thin male that poses well. Ok so I have a lot of favorite bodies, but I also have a pretty big doll army.

11. My favourite human body has to be Fairylands Feeple65 female body, the shape is so beautiful. I’m just waiting for Fairyland to release Sircca in Feeple65 size.

For non human dolls I adore Dream Valleys giraffe centaurs, they have a beautiful leggy look and pose nicely.

12. There's just something about the Dream Valley B4-04 body that makes my brain go "this is the way". It's delicate without being overly so, everything hits my proportions buttons so right. I am resisting getting a DV Vine so so much right now, but I already have two babies on the way and need to wait. But the fact that he comes on that body just makes me even more impatient to bring him home xD

I also absolutely adore the modified DV Rah (Eagle version) body. Like. *MWAH* I cannot express how much I love bird boys, and I'm heartbroken that I missed out on him.

13. Iplehouse won me over, love at first sight-- I like the look of a lot of their big dolls, but my FIDs... well, my FID Stella was my first mature girl, given I mostly collect boys, but she blows me away. From a utility standpoint, I love how sturdy and poseable she is and how her hips click into place, and aesthetically I just adore her-- she's the 'athletic', which suits her slightly-amazonian D&D-type ranger character perfectly. She's toned and has really powerful-looking thighs, the lines of her back are great... she looks lithe but solid, she looks like she spends her time running through forests, riding a horse and firing off arrows.

(I love my FID guy as well, and I think his muscles are beautifully sculpted... but the doll is definitely way buffer than the character in his case, because even the leaner option for the men is just STACKED.

On the other end of the spectrum from my biggest girl, my smallest boy-- I can't get over my Clever Little, either. He has an otherworldly grace and perfect little hands, and because he's so PORTABLE it's easy to carry him around and pose him wherever. None of my dolls have had as much time out and about as I'd like the past couple of years but he's one who can hop in my bag or most easily sit next to me while I'm working at the computer.

14. My favourite is Doll Chateau's Baby Body b-body-07. I have two hybrid dolls with this body, but with the wrist and ankle extensions removed to make the bodies look more realistic. It's beautifully sculpted, it's got an artistic touch to it but captures the human curves nicely too.

15. I absolutely LOVED the doll chateau Y-body-02 but didn't manage to grab one before it was discontinued. I really hope DC makes another youth male body because I loved the lankiness and the height of it!

16. My favorite is Miracle Doll's 68cm Muscle Girl Body! It's such body goals for me lol

17. My first BJD was a Volks SD13 boy, and I still love his body and the SD13 girl body. Plus I really like the Graffiti versions too. But I think my very favorite sculpt is the discontinued original Dollzone b70-001 boy body. Beautiful long elegant lines, double jointed but the joints have the clean look of single joints. I think I have seven of them!! Shocking, really. XD

Linda S.
      galatia9

18. From a posability standpoint, I think the Maskcat 57 cm body is great. I do love it enough to get two of it in any case (in different resin color). It's also very graceful and those hands are to die for.

From an aesthetic standpoint, I love almost everything from the Argodoll plus-size body, except the feet and hands. It's an admirably well-sculpted body.

19. Most Dollzone bodies are beautiful to me, because of how slender and esthetically pleasing they are, plus the joints are great. I like the 62 cm boy, and the 47 cm. I also love the weird, fantasy-like Doll Chateau ones. DC dolls were what got me into BJD's if I remember correctly, or at least one of the first anyway! Their K-bodies (11 and 12), are dreamy and delicate, and their different deer, centaur, whatever bodies are also so sweet. They have this very graceful and elegant quality to them. :love
      Dream Valley bodies also feel similar, and just like the DC they are extremely posable. I prefer lithe and slightly "non-human" proportions for my dolls. It makes them feel ethereal.

#79 maple.honey, Jun 30, 2022
      Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    20. Same answer I gave a while back, but worth mentioning again. 5 Star Doll's 62cm male body. As for female bodies, I don't have many to compare, as most of my females are Bobobie or Resinsoul.