1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite clothing to buy/make?

Nov 22, 2018

1. I'm into needlepoint felting right now! I'm making top hats and whatnot :)

2. Oh what is your current favorite era to work from?

3. Right now I'm in the very slow process of making an 1880s bustle dress.

4. Dresses are the easiest because it's enought to dress a doll and it's easy to put on.
      Sometimes, I makes trousers and t-shirts, stitch vest... but it's so much more work.
      It's not that I'm lasy but I'm so impatient to see my dolls ready!

5. I like women's stockings for dolls. I have a large collection of stockings with different colors and patterns. It's all for my boys :kitty2

6. I like making Vintage/Victorian inspired clothes for my doll

7. That's funny because I actually really don't like making stockings at all. I prefer to buy them!

8. I looooove dolls in hanfu (traditional Chinese clothing). Guess that explains why the first three dolls I'm buying are all character doll fullsets in hanfu. I also love Japanese clothes (kimono, hakama, and yukata).

9. I love lace dresses and woollen hats.

10. I absolutely love fantasy/medieval style clothing. I prefer them to be made by a very good seamstress that puts in a lot of detail. I love detailed clothing.

11. I love casual clothes, but ordinary fit. A lot of bjd jeans are really tight/thin and I’m not a fan of that. I also love boots & trainers. I just find them cute because they’re so small. I always liked baby shoes but never wanted kids. Now I have an excuse to buy cute tiny shoes!

12. I truly feel artistic inside...but the reality is very different! My skills only stretch to beanie hats...badly crocheted!

13. I fell in love with kimonos for dollies. They're just so cute! I'm super into Japanese fashion whether it's traditional or street fashion and I just died. The colors were beautiful and similar to a kimono one would buy for themselves. I was truly amazed!

14. This is a great thread! My favourite clothing is Indian inspired and heavily beaded, but I also love making fantasy style kimonos and cutesy retro (think 1950s and early 60s full skirts with massive bows). And as you said we could share a picture, here is my fave girl in her latest outfit:

[​IMG]The whole outfit by Flowergirl Fashions, on Flickr

15. Leggings! I live in them in real life for comfort, and I love dressing dolls in them because they're cute and versatile. You can have fun patterns and textures on leggings that you don't see on jeans or other pants. And they're easy to make!

16. HAHA... I totally agree! I love Turtlenecks and guys look so handsome in them^^ I might have ordered a few last week xD

17. Haha, I keep thinking I'll one day have a bunch of bright and/or pastel colored clothing on my dolls, but so far everyone seems to be into muted autumn colors (so much brown with some reds/oranges/golds) and black. :sweat Style-wise I'm all over the place, but whether it's fantasy or historical or modern, they seem to like comfortable, simple things. I personally love dapper clothing and would love to go for that look sometime!

18. I make dresses most, but I like pajama pants best. Couple seams, do the elastic, boom, you're done.

19. i like making shirts the best! (they seem to be the easiest for me) and i find myself buying more and more clothes with a ‘kawaii’ look even though i most certainly dont need more!

20. I am a big fan of Renaissance clothing, some I make, some I buy.