1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite "masculine" sculpt?

Jul 17, 2017

1. I don't know how to upload a photo... but Simply Divine Harlequin combined with Dollstown 18yr body. :D:thumbup

2. I told myself I wasn't due to get another doll before I bought him. The "curse" of Granado was they tend to offer their heads only for a limited time period, and thus I had to make a decisive move, relatively quickly.

3. Oh, I like him, specially that kind of smirk :D

4. Yes and no - their official dealer LegendDoll keeps them available (apart from the Vipo series). I think it might be a local vs. overseas thing, my guess is the sculpts are only limited for international / intercontinental buyers. Granado confirmed they have a "special agreement" with LegendDoll to sell the sculpts even after their LE period has run out. Granado also does re-releases every once in a while, so that's worth keeping an eye out for, too.

That being said - my favourite manly men are all Granados, but my ultimate favourite has to be Udell/Uranus. <3 Trying to get Granado heads for all my male bodies now, they're just so gorgeous and can be painted to look a bit more mature than many other male sculpts.

5. I am with you. I collect 1/4 and male fashion dolls. A new artist under Winnerdoll is making MSD size boys that are manly and muscular. He wears MSD gear. Google the brand and check Facebook, if you are intereted.

6. @Fikir98, their first doll is gorgeous but sooooooo out of my budget. *_* I'm a bit hesitant about dolls that have fashion doll proportions as their eyes are often too small. This allows very limited choice...

7. Venitu by Fifth Motif is the most amazing masculine doll I have ever seen. I am so in love with him and I'm sad tha I will probably never have one. That being said, I have an Iplehouse Tedros that is gorgeous. He has a beautiful muscular sculpt but somehow has a very kind face.

8. Seconding Venitu! And also the quest for masculine 1/4 scale dolls. I love some of the fashion dolls as far as their sculpts are concerned, but they just don't work at all with most of my girls in that scale.

One of my other faves is Little Monica Luke (and Dyuke too, actually), because he's clearly masculine, but there's still a softness to him that happens to fit my boy's character to a tee. Here's a pic of my Adrian:

[​IMG]

9. Adrian is gorgeous!

10. My favorite manly sculpts that I have are My Volks Hijikata Toshizo and my Unoa Zest. For a younger feel I still love the Volks Lucai family.

Among dolls I don't have, Iplehouse's Leonard, Lawrence and Luo stand out.

11. The Dollshe dog guys have always looked iconic to me, when Mr. Dollshe did the last 'No really, I mean it this time, the old ones are going away' sale, I finally ordered a Saint on layaway. The SOOM Supergem hooved males seem so masculine too and somehow are so wild and untamed to me even though paradoxically, they have such "beautiful" faces. All of my favorite dolls are female, I have a couple of males but aside from one hybrid Unoa boy, I'm just not nearly as fond of them. I'm very interested to see how the incoming Saint will get on in the crew.:cool:

12. I will envy anyone that have my two manly soom grails. The Galway and the Branon. Both old Idealians. I always wish to see owner photos. It's like nobody even has one of those. Hard to find and masculine.

13. This is a downside. The eyes are 6mm and sometimes smaller. It is easy to find clothes but the clothes only fit the smaller dolls. It is also very difficult to find masculine wigs for these smaller guys.... so, it takes a strong desire to make a purchase.

14. I'm seconding Fifth Motif GooHwa, he's absolutely stunning. I have one on a modded Dollshe Mystic body (neck modded by me to accommodate that deep neck hole). Mine is currently still blank, but he is my absolute favourite.
      [​IMG]

15. I think Granado has some really lovely, masculine sculpts. I currently have one on layaway (and hope that I am not further tempted as I dont think my wallet can handle it).
      IoS Jade and Nebel sculpts are the epitome of rugged and manly in my opinion. Definitely planning on purchasing one of these lads in the future. I never used to be into dolls like these, but my tastes have changed recently.

16. He is gorgeous even as a blank doll. I wish he was closer to 1/4 scale. He would tower over my other slim MSD and fashion dolls. His proportions are lovely. It will be neat to see what you do with him.

17. Some of my favourites are the guys from Pygmalion dolls, Soom and Iplehouse. Even though I don't own any of them yet..Hoping for the ones on my wishlist to get released again soon :lol:

18. I can help!
      [​IMG]

19. @Rosslyn Thank you!! <3 He's gorgeous! :D Mine is in white. :love <3