1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite Wigs

May 19, 2014

1. I like For My Doll and Dollmore. I haven't experienced it yet, but apparently FMD is good for doing custom wigs (like a style in a non-default colour.) They also have lovely customer service.

Dollmore's photos aren't great, but all the wigs I've got from them are beautiful. I got a really long ginger wig that is just the prettiest thing ever.

2. I love Volks and Crobidolls wigs. They both have very soft synthetic hair fiber that I've had an easy time keeping in good shape, even years after purchase. I particularly like that Volks wigs are parted and have visible parts rooted into a false scalp. It's an extra detail that I appreciate.

3. I'll have to look up for my doll wigs... i also want to maybe look into natural mohair at some point because of the attractive texture.
      i've just gotten a monique gold wig and I'm in love with it! So fine and soft! It sheds a bit, but that may be because it's still new, as its mostly stopped doing that. I can't get over that lovely texture! What wigs have a similar feel to monique?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

4. Most of my wigs are Leeke because they're nice and also reasonably affordable. I prefer fiber over fur, but the two fur wigs I own are both Spite and Malice (I also had a SOOM one at one point, until I got a puppy and accidentally left it within reach of said puppy, and also I found it shedded a lot and didn't really like it that much). I do have one gorgeously soft wig which I can't remember where I got it from which is a shame because it's literally like running your hands through silk strands when you touch it. It's very flyaway and does require a lot of care, however.

5. ​I purchased wigs from For My Doll, Fatiao on eBay, and Licht Bjd. I love all of them but my next purchase will probably be a mohair wig from Iplehouse. So far the For My Doll wig is my favourite, the colour is exactly like on the pictures. *.*

6. so far I've only purchased VOLKS and LeekeWorld wigs and I'd say those are my favorite.
      A friend of mine has a 2 Dollmore wigs and while one is really nice the other isn't very good so I'm 50/50 on them.
      doll-wig wigs are also really nice!

#26 Chibi_Rat, May 30, 2014
      Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    7. Leekeworld is hands down my favourite supplier of wigs. I love their styles and their limited colours. I've heard their quality can be a bit hit-or-miss, but I love all my wigs from them :aheartbea

8. Luts and M7 are my current favourite company. Iplehouse are okay but they don't always deliver.

9. I think I would have to say leeke and Volks are my favourite wigs. But when I got a wig from Kaleido... That is something good! The fiber they use is very soft, colors very nice and the wig itself is parfumed! It smells so nice!

10. I love Leeke and ForMyDoll. They're so easy to maintain.

11. Same here... most of my crew are in Monique wigs. I really like the finer texture of their fiber.

One warning if you do go with those, though. You have to be careful brushing and styling them, because they're a little more fragile than regular fiber wigs. Also, you'll want to carry one of those anti-static dryer sheets with you when you're out taking pictures or posing the doll at a meet. The fibers are *so* light that if you have any static charge at all, fly-aways will become a serious problem.

I'm also fond of fluffy skin mohair wigs (again, because I like the finer texture-), but some people have ethical issues with those since they're an animal product. (They're essentially leather with the fur still attached.)

I have to go against the general consensus when it comes to both Volks and Leeke wigs, honestly. I've had very mixed experiences with Volks wigs, and while Leeke *used* to be exceptional across the board, in the last few years their quality control seems to have become very "hit or miss". Some of the wigs that friends and I have purchased from them have still been great, but others have been absolutely unusable. Wigs for smaller dolls have been particularly problematic in my experience. The Luts wigs I've owned have generally been nice, and the best "fake fur" one in my collection is an old 4D "boa" wig.

12. Which doll company/artist makes your favorite wigs?
      Monique
      Do you buy wigs from the same company that makes your dolls, or do you go elsewhere?
      Sometimes I buy from the same company, sometimes I buy from other companies.
      What kinds of wigs/materials are your favorites?
      Soft Fiber

Here's what I've experienced.

Dollzone: Sell fiber wigs. Their quality varies. You can often see the wig cap under the hair. The fiber is OK, but not very soft, hair may point in all directions sometimes. The ends tend to tangle and after some time of brushing and styling the wig feels like it has split ends. I've had wigs where I could basically see knots of hair through the hair itself. Others are really long, feel fine (even if the fiber is not that soft) and don't lose hair at all.

Angell Studio: Sell Fiber and fur wigs. Their fiber wigs basically feel like DZ's wigs but are overall better quality.

Monique: Sell fiber wigs. Their wigs feel very soft and the single "hair" is very thin. They use enough hair as well, so you never see the wig cap. Only problems I had with them is that their sizes vary. I bought two similar 6,5 inch wigs and one of them was noticeably smaller.

Luts: Sell fur, mohair and fiber wigs (some also with heat resistance). The mohair ones are nice, but the dye doesn't always go through to the base. The fiber ones are softer than the DZ ones but the wig cap often stains the doll's head (they warn you about all their stuff basically doing that, though and also sell you silicone caps to prevent staining and a better fit).

Iplehouse: Sell fiber and fur wigs. The one fiber wig I got was awful: loose hair and thread, uneven wig cap and not enough hair to really style the wig at all.

Dollmore: Sell all sorts of different wigs. I only have a fake mohair one from them, but it is nicely done and easy to style.

Leeke: Sell fiber and Mohair wigs. Their quality is said to vary a lot, and I've seen really bad examples of that, but my fiber wigs are fine. Compared to other companies and their prices, they are great for unique styles and colour choices.

Some companies selling wigs are also the ones making them. Often that's not the case, though.

13. I've bought many kinds of wigs. But my favorite must be Leeke World wig. Their quality is good, have many styles, many colors and the price is affordable! I normally prefer heat resistant fiber over mohairs. But I guess it's up to person and which style of doll you want to have. ;)

14. I think Nine9 has some lovely wigs. (I think that's the company anyway!)

I usually buy wigs that I like, I don't go to specific companies. :)

15. I'll buy from anybody that has what I'm looking for and I have several different brands, but many of them are generic ones from ebay. I always start my search with Monique Gold, though. The fiber is soo soft and looks realistic. I just wish they had more fantasy colors. I also love fur wigs and have a whole bunch of them, even though only one of my dolls wears one. XD Other than that, I like Happy Camille, too. I'd love to try out For My Doll.

16. I'm very find of my Little Monica, Iplehouse, and HappyCAMILLE purchases.

17. Nothing new, but I agree with the Monique Gold Label wig thing as well. It's the first wig Ivy has so Ofc I'm biased.
      But do be warned they kinda tangle easily. Idk if it's just mine or if it's all of them, I'm assume it's because the fibers are soo silky and soft that they wrap around themselves.

(Does anyone know how to keep them from tangling up on every movement?)

18. All my girls have Tibetan mohair wigs from Natrume on Etsy except for Georgie. She has a Tibetan mohair from HaselAesthetics (also on Etsy). I just love the look and texture of the mohair so all my girls wound up with one lol.

19. I like angel studio wigs and doll heart so far. Not a big dz wig fan. I want to get a Natrume wig for Madeline. She will be my crazy hair girl.

20. Kim Arnold of The Trinket Box in Canada. She makes the most amazing wigs! All mohair, gorgeous colors, some with removable tails, ribbons, flowers. I mostly purchase them for my two Kaye Wiggs dolls but some I just purchased because they are gorgeous and I wanted them!

And Natrume too. I love her long wigs. My avatar is wearing one of hers.