1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite Wigs

May 19, 2014

1. I too am having trouble finding a wig I like for my incoming Enni (Rakeru Sensei). Would it be all right to ask for photos and links in this thread, or is that forbidden? Thanks.

2. Monique make the best wigs by far. The individual hairs are fine and soft and great to style. They sit really well and don't look like wig hair:)

3. PMd you the link for the wigs I like best.
      LostKitten

4. I don't really have a favorite wig or company....so far, I like furwigs and they are the cheap furwigs you can find on ebay.

5. I find myself drawn to mohair wigs and wigs with heat resistant fibers. I like shorter wigs in general. And I love random colors more than 'natural' colors like blonde, black and brown.

6. I have this old wig from Lichdt(?) that is the nicest shade of dark midnight blue and styled like a Prince-like anime character's. I haven't seen anything like it anywhere else. And also my boy Kaede's wig, it's this really cheap fur wig from Sunnys World and it's not the best quality but I love it because the colors are perfect and it photographs well and people keep asking me where I got it, haha.

7. The best for me is the one of Monique and I love alpagas, I'm doing my own wigs too. :)

8. Monique synthetic mohair wigs are my favorite and most of my dolls have them, but I also really like Iplehouse for short masculine cuts, and I have a really nice Leekeworld for my Minifee. :)

9. Volks wig is quite good but the price is not good compare the quality. I think Luts is better.

10. My dolls all wear different wig brands but my dream is to replace them all with Alpaca Fiber wigs! :D I love the natural look they have and the can come in all imaginable colors and styles. Since they're so damn expensive though I'm going to make them myself :) For the time being my girls wear mostly Volks, Crobidoll, Leeke and Lullaby Poem wigs :3

11. Most of the wigs I have came from Etsy, though I do have one from Mimiwoo as well. So far my favorite wig is one I got from Astro Bliss Imaginarium on Etsy. It's this big blond Bret Michaels-style wig and it makes Alistair look a little effeminate, but I absolutely love it on him. I do intend to order wigs from both Luts and For My Doll in the future, so my opinions may change. But for now, my vote is for Etsy fur wigs.

12. As far as wigs go, I really like Monique and Luts though for different reasons. The fibers on Monique wigs are lovely and easily styled. They also do great natural hair colors and they're in the U.S. (And that makes shipping marvelous.)

I enjoy Luts though for the sheer amount of styles and wild colors. If I need a fun color, I tend to look at them first. Their fibers (while not as soft or pettable as Monique) do tend to hold up well over time.

13. I like For My Doll and Crobidoll for wigs. Monique is close behind. Their wigs are so soft! Licht has some very pretty (and unique) colours. I have a few from Iplehouse I really like but their quality doesn't seem to be as consistent as, say, Crobidoll. I've never gotten a bad wig from Crobi.

14. I don't have many wigs other than what came with my dolls. I really like my Dollfie Dream Asuna's wig, although in my opinion it's too dark for her character.

15. Chewin Gallapa's wigs for his boys look gorgeous, but pricey..,, I want to buy one so bad but I need to cloth my boys first so I'll continue with that & maybe treat myself, or rather them, to a new hairdo for the holidays....

16. Echo on Etsy makes the most awesome fur wigs. Completely customizability and affordable.

17. Most of my wigs are from jpop. They are very nice quality and fast shipping. I have one Dollga wig and it is glorious. As far as Tibetan mohair goes, my Tinybear wig has the thickest fur I have ever seen. I just love it!

18. My favourite wigs are Luts. :chibi wish they had more of a selection.

19. I just got a Monique Gold SD wig and, wow! Such quality! The wefts are silky and feel so soft. The style is really nice too. It has a center part and no wig cap shows. The color is called Flame and is a nice red with a golden yellow. By far this is my favorite wig!

20. I haven't really bought to many wigs... I used to prioritize new resin over wigs so I only ever had default ones.... I am going to buy some this time though so it's cool hearing more about the different companies here!

One thing I do know is that I prefer the mohair/fur wigs. I love the other styles for taking photos and such, but my dolls default wigs will all likely end up being fur wigs. I find it easier to keep them neat and they are so soft! :) I also seem to be drawn to less natural colours lately... just bought my current little a pink fur wig from Alice Collections with the other doll I bought! Can't wait to get it!