1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your first doll

Apr 26, 2022

1. My fullset ringdoll ozhu

2. Angel of Dream Jimi, it was in 2011, I think they changed him since. He's still with me ^^

3. Dollshe Hound from 2006-7 but I bought him in 2008. He's still with me and after all these years, no matter how much I think 'surely someone has taken his crown as my favourite', that just isn't the case. He's still number one in my heart, LOL <3

I'm super glad I ended getting him as my first doll honestly because when I first entered the scene I think it was in the middle of one of Dollshe's many discontinuations so it felt like he was a super hard to find sculpt at first so in a way I ended up buying my "grail" doll to begin with! I'm also glad I ignored a lot of the prevalent advice that still kind of exists to this day of buying a starter doll. I think that can be valid advice but I didn't really like it and think you shouldn't go cheaper/smaller than the doll you really, really want.

4. Doll Leaves Betty in 2020.

I'm very happy she was my first doll as she is a very pretty sculpt. At one point I wasn't sure if I really liked her sculpt but I finally found the perfect wig-outfit-eyes combo, so now I've fallen in love with her all over again! It's honestly amazing what a simple restyling can do.

5. My first "one" ended up being a pair of twins...:doh

I bought a CP/Delf Shiwoo Special set from Luts, thinking that I'd just use the second, Dreaming head as an occasional alternate for the open-eyed one. And then I actually got them. And the Dreaming head's face-up looked nothing like the Standard's... There was no way they would ever have passed for being the same individual.

So, I hit the Marketplace here, bought a second Delf body for the Dreaming head and Harumatsu got his brother, Tien Jen. My first doll turned out to be two dolls, although that hadn't been my intent.

6. Mine was a MNF Shiwoo back when they were sold by Luts and Fairyland didn't exist yet <3

7. My first doll was a Doll Chateau Enoch fullset in WS. I'm still absolutely enamored with him, which is making it difficult to decide on my second doll since I want to be as enamored with them as I am with him:lol:

8. My first (and currently only doll until next week) was a Lingerie III Lisa Rubik from Dollmore. My roommate bought her for me, along with one of the other Lingerie III dolls for herself. Weirdly enough, her profile on their website is no longer functional in English, only on the Korean website!

9. My first doll is going be a Vine full set from Dream Valley, he should be arriving very soon! I am very excited!

10. Asleep Eidolon Daylight on a Xaga female body. Got her 2nd hand off Mercari and I love her.

11. My first resin doll was a Cerberus Project Lishe in white resin with one of the two available default face ups. I ordered her via a dealer who literally just had a one or two page website with the doll details and their email address. I paid via bank wire as that was the only way to pay when ordering internationally from luts/CP at that point. :ablink:

12. My Luts KDF An was my first... I was still in college and not yet with a job back then, so it felt like it took forever to save up for him, but once I had him he was worth the wait!

13. The first doll I ever bought was Loongsouls twin flower bu-man, I have yet to receive her but I am waiting patiently!

14. Mine was Resinsoul Mei. She was a lower cost so great for a first doll and I still love her.

15. Mine was a 60cm Obitsu Gretel. I still have her, but she's rockin a Loongsoul body now. First resin kid though was a BBB Nissa

16. Mine was a DreamingDoll Little Elva Misora. I saved money for a couple of years and then I didn't bond with her and ended up selling her, but her body was pretty decent and stayed for a while longer.

17. My first was an Angel of Dream, Yuki. She has undergone a few style changes - and a name change - but I still have her and love her.

18. A secondhand Volks SDC Kurenai started it all for me in 2006. Still have her and love her to bits.

19. my first doll was a metis doll Alice and she is the doll that made me make the plunge into the hobby

20. Mine was MysticKids Evelyn! Though I don’t have her anymore she is still one of my favorite sculpts.