1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your first doll

Apr 26, 2022

1. Mine was a Kids Sky Bobo (with the dreaming eyes.) She was a gift from a BJD collector at the absolute worst part of my life, and I will forever be grateful for her introducing this hobby to me. That doll will be with me always, even if all of my others go. She means so much to me.

2. My first doll was a Luts Honey Delf - Darae. I looked at all the doll sculpts, and wanted to start with a small doll size. She had the sweetest face.

3. Angel of Dream Tao Hua Dao. Johnny is slim and tall so I have a hard time getting him to stand, but he's still in my resin flock and I still love him.

4. My first is myou doll vieruodis !! The larger sizes intimidate me so I wanted a doll in a size I am more used to seeing.

5. Crobidoll E-line Boni. She's so pretty!

6. Mine was Angell Studio Victoria, full set fairy queen version back in 2015. She's still my first love and has held up so well.

I've bought a few more AS dolls and love them all. Great quality. I've bought from many other companies and have several dolls I certainly treasure above others, but Angell Studio has remained a favorite because of Victoria. It was like they pulled my dream doll right out of mind. She's also a great redress (see avatar).

7. Mine is a Heisejinyao Ziyulinglong (HZ) Boss. He still has his original company face up; he's 10 years old this year! He was love at first sight and I know I'll never be able to part with him :3nodding:

8. My first doll was a Oasis doll Linglan. Unfortunately had to sell her a few years ago. I really miss her. All of oasis dolls are so pretty. I don’t know if their in business anymore but if you’ve every get the opportunity to get one I definitely recommend!

9. My first doll was a True Love Xiaomo. :)

10. Dollfie Dream Yui, purchased in store at Volks in Japan.

11. My purple Resinsoul Winter, Amaranthe, back in 2017.

12. Mine was/is a Serendipity Noel and she still lives with me! ^_^

13. My first of the greater ABJD family was my Volks Dollfie Dream 2 Yukino. My first resin one was my Dollmore Model Doll Leah Cox. I still have them, and they're as beloved today as they were back when I got them :hug:

14. Dollstown Seola in 2014. I bought her from a friend and still adore her.

15. Mine was a Dollzone Mo, back in 2009. Now he has a lot of friends! :)

16. Mine was a Soom Monzo human. I sold him a couple of years later because he didn't fit with my doll plans.

17. The first doll I received was a Bobobie Sprite as a Christmas gift. I still have her, but she needs a dye bath eventually.
      The first doll I actually bought myself was a DD Dynamite Towa. :3nodding:

18. Soom Ignim Giddess of Abundance. I love Egyptian style so much.

19. When I think of my first doll, my first SD is Nina from Fantasy Doll. But then with more thought I realized she wasn't the first!
      ~I guess over time and more collecting, I have a decided preference for the big kids!

My first came from the Goodwill store! I purchased three at once and they all arrived together.
      ((In a most unusual situation, they came with original boxes and COAs.))
      The first box I opened was a gold card, first year of Fairyland, :daisy Littlefee Flora w/fullset.:daisy I was hooked!

#59 Valdemagra, Sep 2, 2022
      Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    20. My first doll I ordered was an in-stock, full set, Dollzone Ray (Frog Prince) from Denver Doll Emporium.
      The first First doll I actually got was a Resinsoul Bei, also in stock from Denver Doll Emporium. The reason I did not
      receive Dollzone Ray 1st is because he was an anniversary gift from my husband and I had ordered him a few months before our anniversary.

Bei is and always will be my favorite.