1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your first Tiny Doll! Tell me Why! :3

Jul 8, 2010

1. My 1st purchased is a Fairyland RealPuki Soso. That mischeivious grin looks just like my granddaughter. But I'm still waiting for her to arrive so I bought a Doll Leaves Dingding to play with.
      I've always loved tinies. It started with mattel Little Kiddles in the 60's. (I'm telling how old I am) and my collection includes numerous antique all-bisque most of which are under 4 inches.

2. I loved Little Kiddles too! I hope I did the right thing, I'm a newbie and I just requested a OrientDoll JI Vampire Head and an OrientDoll SO body. I hope they go together.

3. Pippitan!!! You so rarely see her, poor girlie. She's so cute.

Luarwulf, I think that is the prettiest BBB tiny I've ever seen. She's so striking.

4. I actually just got my first tiny. A Soom Afi! I wasn't in to tinies when they first came out but earlier this year I was feeling dissatisfied with my mostly SD crew and was thinking of things I hadn't done with the hobby yet. Revamped my crew and started window shopping the little ones. Was thiiis close to getting one of the Pirate Lati Yellows but the order period was at an awkward time for me. Found a complete Afi on the MP for a pretty good price and took the chance. I chose Afi because I love tan dolls and because the two heads/feet let me cheat a little and make two different characters. The open eyed human will be a cute little girl named Arabella. The sleepy eyed faun is a little boy named Absalom:

[​IMG]

They don't have a lot of clothes yet but I'm trying to sew for them, I made the wrap pants he's wearing. Hopefully Afi will be my only tiny for a while, I've heard how these little ones tend to multiply. :lol:

5. My first two were Brownies...so cute.

I loved the fact they were adorable, affordable and portable.

Then Fairyland Fever struck (For which there is no cure!)
      I have a puki Sugar, pukifee Ante, littlefee AnteElf.
      Leah LTF faceplates are here and sometimes used, pukifee Zoe is on layaway at DDE.

Then I saw a pic of CustomHouse Gaby........... she is very much wanted.

6. Motoko my Banji ellly girl is my first tiny. I was browsing through the marketplace and i kept looking at her over and over again. She literally stole my heart... or as ive gotten to know her, i think she DEMANDED to come home to me. maybe she thought Florida would be a nice new home for her. I mean look at this face and tell me she doesnt demand attention (and minions)

[​IMG]

She now has a boyfriend named Ryoki, and another banji friend named Toshi!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3488/3722004668_c2711d6d29_o.jpg

My first Yo-sized doll was Yukiko, my DIM Chosel. shes another that simply stole my heart while browsing the MP. One day i relaised that everytime i noticed her thread had been bumped i just had to go look at her. so i decided eventually that she needed to come home with me.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4135/4753488792_79567f81dc_b.jpg
      she was also one of my first pouty dolls.

My first Yo was Yosd Shinn, Lukas! and and...

They are like pringles... you cant have just one!! O.O;

7. My first tiny is my Fairyland Littlefee Rachel named Annaliese~ When I was looking to get another doll, I really wanted an SD boy, but my parents wouldn't let me get one. ;_; So I looked into YoSDs. I really only wanted one because they were much cheaper than SDs and I don't like MSDs that much for some reason, but that's changed now. xD Anyways, I was so worried I wouldn't like her when she came, but when she got here, I was so happy! I really love her now and want to get more some day~

Here she is:
      [​IMG]

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa217/mirandaminsky/sutffffersezf001.jpg

She needs new eyes. They kinda look scary. xDDD
      Sorry for such bad quality pictures! Dx

8. My first tiny was my Hana Angel that you can see in my avatar. Since she isn't the tiniest anymore, I don't really consider her tiny. I got suckered by Hana after seeing owner pictures and becoming entirely enthralled with the different face-plates. First thing I dressed Hana in are clothes that my daughter and I had from our 8" Madeline collection.

My tiniest are my Elfdoll tinies and my first was a combination of Olivia and Kai. I had originally wanted Kai and thought that was who I purchased. When I got the layaway paid off and she arrived, it was actually Olivia. I fell in love with Olivia, but still wanted Kai so I immediately got Kai. My reasons for getting Kai are simply that I fell for owner pictures and thought a doll that size would be really interesting. They mainly wear things I've made for them and their original outfits, although I have supplemented a few things from sellers here..

Hana: [​IMG]

Olivia: http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/thedollcouturiere/Img_5343b.jpg
      Kai: http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/thedollcouturiere/Img_8019b.jpg

9. My first tinies are going to be Bobobie Erin and Eric :) I love twins and these two are great :) erin has a cute little face and you cant beat the price. Erin will be dressed in a pink sleeper and have a stuffed bunny and Eric will be in a blue sleeper and have a tiny teddy bear :)

Anyone know where I can even get sleepers for dolls this small? or would I be better of making them myself?

10. check wih Spampy-she specializes in the tiny dolls.
      Sharon in Spain also sews for the little ones.

11. would a tiny anthro count?

12. only problem is I cant commission yet :( I also want to commission a dress for my first girl :)

13. First came Ciel, my Soom Bygg, and he brought his brother Andromeda with him, who is a Soom Beyla.They brought Aries' head home with them, Soom R. bygg head. Then came Terracotta, my Puki Pong Pong. Soon will be my Fir, a Impldoll Harley (tree baby)

14. My little darling Aurora, she is a doll-love Ke and i fell in love with her cheeks lol I have a few outfits i'm looking into getting another wig for her (when my funds allow it) but so far right now she is my only little one but I am looking into getting more. Its a snowball effect :3

[​IMG]

15. Katelyn, a Yo-SD Papi, is my first (and only) BJD.

[​IMG]

I never considered getting anything but a tiny. I love everything in miniature - in fact at first I worried that Katelyn would be too big for me. But she isn't and I just adore her! I've had her for nearly 2 months and still everytime I see her I think how cute she is and have to pick her up!

I just fell in love with Yo-SDs from reading the Yo-SD thread, and when I saw that Volks was selling Papi I thought she was so adorable and I knew she was who I wanted - I'd been wanting a BJD for about a year.

And, as everyone says, tinies multiply - I'm waiting for a pukifee and have many other on my wishlist!

16. My first tiny BJD is going to be a BBB Erin NS. If all goes according to plan, she should be here by friday at the latest! ^^'
      I was actually hoping for a PukiPuki, but I love BBB as they were my first sculpt.
      On the side, I was a little worried about getting a smaller doll because I've seen photos where everything the cuties are wearing looks too big! :) But hey, to each doll their own.

17. Of YoSD my first was a DBDoll Adai. He was both perfect for my character and had a lovely body. Afterwards I made my way to doom falling in love with Tiny MD....

And, my first of many planned under 20cm dolls was a Leeke K Lani
      She caught my eye because she was so different from what I was used to see in tiny dolls xD..... I guess you could say the tinier the more addictive

18. My first doll was an SD
      Then I quickly followed him with a BBB march
      I found I bonded so much better with my march. I bought her because of her price and because i could see
      an opportunity to start modding and face-upping on her!
      I adore my march! :D

19. My first Tiny was Bonnie my BBB Elfkin (she's the one in my Avatar) I just loved how small she was and her price was just right!

Since then I've bought a BBB Isabella to keep her company
      I'm saving all my etsy store money for a RealPuki Soso, I just love its little smiling face!

and someday I'd love a PukiPuki too (the Ante is one of my favorites)

tinys are like potato chips, It's really hard to just have one!