1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your first Tiny Doll! Tell me Why! :3

Jul 8, 2010

1. My first tiny was a Bambicrony Misty Blue Kumi, in 2007.

I'd had only 60cm dolls before... 6 of them! But was trying not to buy more (ha-ha-ha!).

The tiny dolls were very different--cute! And getting more varied (most were Volks Yo-SDs then, all very child-like and chubby). They took up less space, were less of a money outlay (the Bambicronys could fit some Barbie clothes--that's a Barbie outfit she has on in the photo). They felt like all the fun of a bjd with less expense and guilt over spending...

I went on to get several more tinies after her.

I still love the big dolls, though!

[​IMG]07-04-Bambicrony1-0705z449 by aprilllee, on Flickr

The colored Bambicrony Elves were French Resin and had a LOT of issues with yellowing badly and quickly, however. Especially the blue ones. She hasn't escaped, sadly, but her faceup is blue-ish and helps keep her from looking a sickly pea-green... :eek:

2. My first (and only) tiny, Dream High Studios Aldou. When I first joined the hobby, I had a craving for a tiny, mature goblin woman. But there was nothing right on the market, so I gave it up as a lost cause and stuck to SDs. But about a month or two after I gave up, DHS came out with the first doll in their elf line. She was the closest I had ever seen anyone come. And I only had 24 hours to decide. I slept on it and when I woke up I plunked down at the computer and refreshed till I got her.

Here is how she looked when I got her:

[​IMG]

And here is how she looks now:

[​IMG]

I have yet to see another tiny I've liked enough to buy, but I think she might like some friends her own size.

3. My first BJD was also my first tiny, she's a Soom Uyoo. Soom is the company that first caught my heart, and the Mini Gem dolls are the same scale as a Barbie, the scale I'm most comfortable with. I now have 19 dolls, and she's still one of the biggest. Here's everyone but her-
      [​IMG]Almost The Whole Group

4. My first bjd was a tiny dollsbe head that I fell in love with. She didn't get a body for another year,, a Pipos PO-11, in which time I got another tiny and a couple minis, but most of the others have since been sold or traded and I've worked my way up to 60cm+ dolls. My little Mari is probably the only tiny I'll ever keep. She was supposed to be a cute little girl who loved pretty dresses and had a mess of curly brown hair, but instead she dresses like a band groupie and has hidden rainbow hair. She's my little rebel. :...(
      [​IMG]

5. My first tiny was a Doll Leaves Alex, she was a free doll that came with my Doll Leaves Maya purchase. She was an extra but I absolutely love her. I own almost solely tiny dolls, I love them! She is dressed in a Lati Yellow size teddy bear suit.

6. My first bjd was a Pukifee Ante.

I was looking for a tiny size to be my first bjd, and not able to make a decision between Lati Yellow or Pukifee. Then I saw this Ante. She was looking at me with the beautiful pink oscar eyes, and waving her hand in the ad-photo, calling me to bring her home...

I love her very much and brought her travel with me to many places. I have a few more tinies came home after her, now I have pukipuki, pukisha, realpuki, and lati white, and maybe more coming ^^

[​IMG]
      Ante_1 by Michelle Liu, 於 Flickr

7. My first is an MDR Mousse! I love tiny dolls and miniatures in general, and I really love both Dango and Mousse from MDR. When she offered the new body on the Mousse during the recent pre-order, I caved. It will be months before I have her in hand, but I'm very excited. I already have a miniature kitchen set up for some other smaller dolls, and hope that Mousse will fit right into the environment.

8. My first tiny was a MYOU Doll Delia. I just saw her picture on their website and absolutely fell in love~ I really want to get more of MYOU's sculpts because they're so beautiful~! I can't wait to have an army of tinies :XD:

9. My little Diwata gives me an experience unlike many other dolls, because she looks like a cute toddler! I am so in love with this little girl. <3 She makes me happy everyday!
      [​IMG]

10. My first tiny was Orthrus, my Plasticmoon Mr. Kitty. He was also the doll to drag me back into the hobby after a bit of a hiatus. Not sure if I thank him for that, though. X'D

11. I started with all small dolls yosd and such but after i got my first msd I realized I like larger dolls a alot more. There are smaller dolls i do still love and still like but im actually selling most of my small dolls. That I started collecting since early last year and moving towards larger dolls msd or sd size. Im still not sure how i feel about sds but I do love a couple msds. Who knows i may prefer sds over msds but for now i love them and a couple of my grails are msd .

My first was a dollzone candice .my second a gem of dolls cia ( not my favorite company i would never suggest.) Altough I do have a love for her. Maybe its because she was my first to get here. Then i moved to doll chateaus and got a liz,luna, beatrice event doll and a esa ant event doll. Started collecting Lillycat ,moon was my first but then msd Amy and i was truly smitten . My most recent doll is a nympheas kalahari and because I liked her so much . I decided to put in a custom skin mushika order. They will probably be the only small dolls in my collection for a while once I sell the rest . I may even get a squirel as well but I am converting to mostly larger dolls. As far as small dolls I think i prefer the hardy yosd to the very small or thin dolls that are like monster high thin or tinier.

I do have the dolls i have had or collected and id probably keep if i wasnt trying to keep my numbers low or my budget low on my dolls because the numbers can really add up . this is very expensive one. I loved all dollchateaus and my lillycat moon. But i think i love my larger ones more. I have a Lillycat amy,purple poulpy, deavon and a couple black cherry heads and one little rebel but i plan for another. That and 2 if not 3 of my grails dolls are msd.

Shes cute

#91 Miss Hokusai, Jan 8, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2019
    12. My first tiny doll we’re sen from a friend :3nodding:

2 Pukipukis and I immediately fell in love with them :love

One of them is flora and the other one I’m not sure of but still love them :D

That’s why I bought a couple more of them and mod them :XD:

13. She is so beautiful

14. Dear sweetviolet, thanks for finding this thread. It was fun looking at pictures of the tinies that other people have.

I don't have a tiny yet but I have my heart set on getting one when these challenging times are over.

15. My very first tiny was a pinkish bamicrony. It was so long ago I don't remember it's mold. It has some sour memories attached to it. So I sold it long before I took my long haitus.

My first when I started rebuilding my collection from scratch is a Volks Yosd Rinon. She gets spoiled lol.

16. My first tiny was a Pipos Baha. She was my first BJD ever and I love her so much! I saw other people’s photos of the sculpt and fell in love with it. At the time, I didn’t even know there was a hobby for BJDs and just wanted to take photos of her because she was cute! I’ve become a tiny owner now and have a bunch of them! They’re my little resin family! I use YoSD clothes for my two Bahas, but I’ve also sewn them some clothes before by hand. I just think tinies have this magical quality to them that I haven’t found in their larger resin counterparts so I’ll keep collecting them to the ends of the earth! :dance

17. I just ordered my first actually. A gem of doll yummy. Wasnt gonna get her quite so soon, but she is being discontinued. Shes the only tiny ive ever fallen for. But i just cant get over her big smile. Ill post pics when i get her.

18. A natural skin Pukifee Crystal :)

19. A Lati Yellow Sp (20cm) Grown Up Laches fullset... Why? Because i loved the fullset, reminded me of when i was young and going out to parties/concerts :)