1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your first Tiny? Were you shocked?

Jul 29, 2008

1. My first tiny was an Festivous Wishel. She was so little and sweet looking I ended up with 3 more Wishels! Before the tinies, I had an msd and an sd. I love all the sizes for various reasons, but I love the teenies because they can slip into a pocket or purse! I have also acquired a Bobobie Erin, and 2 DZ BB
      's, with plans for more tinies, they are so addicting!

2. I'd seen tinys before, so not shocked in that sense...I knew she'd be small. I was much more shocked by how fast she stole my heart. None of the bigger ones had even come close to "owning" me, so I was unprepared for how Fee would affect me. It was all downhill from there.

3. I thought my OD Sos would be a little bit bigger. I was actually disappointed that they were so small. It's cute, but they're so small that they're more a hassle than a joy. :/

4. So small! and such perfect little fingers and toes! And shes the only doll i have whos eyes follow me around the room :aheartbea shes such a little darling, i was in such awe

5. My Petite Ai was my first doll to arrive and I fell in love instantly. Having any doll larger than a Blythe is odd, as Blythe clothes are fairly tiny. Making clothes for larger dolls is odd and hard to get used to!

6. When I got my first SD, my first BJD, I was shocked and a little disappointed until I got accustomed to her and now I love her. I was pleasantly surprised when I got my first MSD. I was also very pleasantly surprised when I got my first anthro.

My first tiny was my Hana Angel and I was thrilled when I opened up her box! I love her different face plates. She went out that night with me on a date with my DH and I stayed up late trying on all kind of clothes on her.

I really like all size BJDs, but these little tinies are just so cool!

7. My first tiny was Penelope, an Orientdoll So Ui who is my avatar and I was very shocked when I received her. She looked so fragile, yet she withstood the countless dress ups I did with her. I had never seen or heard about BJDs, until I came across her on eBay, I purchased her because she was different from my Kelly dolls and the family happily grew from there. You know, she's the only one besides the Pukisha that can stand very well on her own. She will always hold a special place in my heart :aheartbea

8. my honest first thought ...this is perfection

I was more shocked how big and heavy the SDs were .

Tinybear, you've taken the words right out of my mouth. I honestly thought I was immune to ABJDs. Been lucky enough to see, and hold, all sorts of the Most Wanted models (Sooahs, Naripons, Tenshis, Bermans) and always found them too hefty. I knew that I preferred small over large vinyl dolls, but even the Naripons and Latis left me cold. Then I saw my first Puki -- wham. Hadda have one of my own! Almost drove my poor DH insane with my laments while I waited for a full 32 business days before my Hafra Haza went 'On Shipping', and since Ruri arrived I can't stop playing with her!

Next order of business was going to be saving for Moar Pukis, but I fell for a "last one, scratch & dent sale" Orientdoll vampire So. Her tiny hands & feet are sooo perfect & adorable, and once I know what I'm doing I want to retrofit Ruri with magnetic wings, but poor Amira is only about 82% on my personal Absolute Perfection Scale as against Ruri's 110% <grin>. Just as well, since Fairyland seems determined to suck my every dolly dollar...

On the other hand (nobody tell my DH!) I found myself looking at pictures of Narsha (whom I've never seen 'in person') and remembering that the 14" Betsy McCall was the first *vinyl* doll I fell in love with, and they've got the humongous wardrobe to prove it. Of course Narsha still qualifies as a "Tiny" even though she's more than triple the size of a Puki!

9. My first tiny was Bobobie Nissa. I was surprised that the box weighed next to nothing. I was like "is she in there?" But when I opened the box up, I was in love. I can't believe there is so much detail in something that small. She seemed to be sculpted much better than even my SD sized Bobobies.

Then I went to a doll meet and started seeing the yo sized dolls. Can we say "love at first sight". Now I am waiting for my Leeke Soda. I think this size doll is just perfect for me. I can't wait to cuddle it.

10. I have all the sizes but I do love my tinies the most. My first was a Pocket Fairy Minimay and I loved their size and being able to carry them around with you easily in a purse. I do love my tiny tinies like the PFs, Pukis, and OD So dolls as much as my Bambi mini-army (7 and counting...) and Yos.

11. My first tiny was my precious Puki Sugar, Nano.

I was completely shocked at how tiny she was! I knew she shared the same measurments as one of the new Kelly dolls, but it didn't really hit me until I got her out of that box!

12. My first tiny was Bobobie Erin on a boy body

13. My first tiny has actually been my first and (for now) only doll. My puki, Devika, really surprised me. I knew they were small, but seeing her in person was like, "woah! She's so itty bitty!" and that made me love her more. Granted it's hard to take up close pictures of her because she's tiny and my camera doesn't allow the zoom I need, but I love her all the same.

14. My first was a Puki. I knew he was going to be tiny, so I was not shock. But I am amazing how cute he is..... I love my Huckleberry

15. My first tiny is a Lati Yellow Coco. She was so perfect and bald coming out of her huge box home bed and there she was all tiny and gorgeous. I wasn't so shocked as enchanted.

16. My first tiny was also my first bjd. She was a Bambicrony Kumi, I was surprised how small she was and how young she looked. I was amazed at the whole ball jointed doll concept and couldn't quite believe such a wonderful thing existed..lol. I was of course, completely smitten and haven't looked back since.

17. My first tiny is Puki Pipi and she's also my first bjd. I simply could not resist her. However, now I crave for more pukis :lol:

18. I only own SDs, but when I saw my first tiny "in the resin", so to speak, I immediately knew why I only had SDs. The tininess terrified me! I was... freaked out, really. The tiny digits made me feel ...really weird. It wasn't right, to me. I like the big ones! I feel like like I'm going to damage them or eat or them or something that way!!

Maybe, uh, maybe I'm weird? Is anyone else weirded out by tiny dolls?

19. Actually, I think I'm weird because I'm a bit weirded out by the larger dolls. :lol:

But I think most people who visit this section are tiny doll fans so I doubt you will find many here who don't like the tinies.

I agree with tinybear's first thoughts, mine were along the same lines...I opened my first tiny up (a tiny Elfdoll Min Del Re) and thought, "Perfection!" I was in awe of the detail on such a tiny little thing. It was then that I knew the tiny ones were for me, I don't think I'll ever own a larger BJD then my Lati yellows.

20. My first (and only :p) tiny is a lati yellow. I was so amazed by the intricate little details on her face. And her tiny little fingers and toes. I was also impressed how sturdy she is for being so small. She is definitely one of my favorites. :} Now I feel like I need an army of tinys!