1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your first Tiny? Were you shocked?

Jul 29, 2008

1. Ok, I got my first puki today....I was in total shock, seeing her. I got her sleeping face during the event, so that was the first thing I saw, and my jaw dropped at the tiny-ness. Oh goodness, is she small. I mean, I KNEW she was going to be small, but THIS small? Wasn't prepared. But I have fallen for her- hard. Little Tate is so precious to me now. And her freinds have shipped so they'll be here soon too. For those looking to get a puki words can not express how small and adorable they are. I have my yo, and she's always seemed small and light to me. Compared to my new little one, Lucy is GIANT. It's..shocking...how big Lucy is compared to Tate. But soooo cute! Tate is a very pleasant surprise.

2. My first tiny was an angelfantasy Sheya. I had seen tinnies in person before, and he is YOSD sized, so not as tiny as some I've seen, so I wasn't really suprised that way. But I was kind of amazed by how much I loved him. He was just so perfect right out of the box, no eyes, no face up, but perfect anyway. I didn't think I could love another doll as much as I love my DZ Yuu, and especially not a tiny doll. But I really do adore my little Kitsune. I was also amazed by how much I want another one. :sweat Kitsune fits a character, but I don't really have any more tiny characters really. Still I really want more tinnies.

3. I have several tinies on the way (and they will all be my first BJD's as well as tinies). I'm so excited, and can't wait to see them in person: the Supia babies (one each Sesol, Seron, and Sena), Jaimedoll Ara, and now Puki Piki. No more orders for me for a while. I cannot believe I ordered so many dolls. My husband will not be amused, but he'll get over it :-).

4. My first tiny was my Lati Sp. Lumi ^^

I remember holding her box and thinking 'Uh... little bigger then I though >.>;' as I was used to my SDs being the full length of the box XD.

Then I opened her up and lifted her out - she was so small! And so light in my hands! I was amazed by the detail in such a little face X3!

I couldn't imagine anything smaller - until I got my Puki >.>; Which just felt... too small? I suppose it was the fact she was so default now, as now she's gone, I kinda wish I had another little puki o.o;

I have to say, the tiny I have that's felt most right have been my Yos. <3 I went to a doll meet and saw Xi feng's (sp?) little Kasumi named Iku. She was so perfect! A little floppy and baby-like, but so sturdy and heavy <3 I loved how she flopped and cuddled when I held her and stood so sturdilly and cutely when I tried to stand her! I loved her so much, I got my own Kasumi, then a Kuuta a few months later ^^. I now plan at least two more Yos. <3 They are most deffinately my favourite tiny size.

5. First when I saw them I that they are so beatifull...The next thing that comes was how on earht they are made so small...I love that size...:D

6. My first tiny was BooBoo SanBan, a pocket fairy. She was SOOO cute. I think I was pretty aware of her size, I'd seen them IRL before.

But I was having trouble finding clothing for her, so when I heard naripons fit into kelly clothing, I got Juniper Snowpea. Now SHE amazed me - she is REALLY tiny. In fact, that's what I hear most when I bring her places, and people see her - first words are most of the time, "OMG she is SO TINY! I didn't know she was THAT small!"

tiny, yes. awesome, oh, yes.

7. My first tiny - and the first doll I got even though I was waiting for a MSD when I ordered her - was a SleepingElf tiny Moona. She was actually the size I imagened her to be - except she was slimmer than I thought she'd be.

I totally love her but I have a problem with her. I can't figure out what clothes she should wear. And I find it very hard do sew for her. I have trouble with handling something so small, perhaps because my fine movements didn't really develop like they should when I was little because my eyesight was very poor. I do love her but I wish I could find the perfect outfit for her.

My next tiny was a Soom Mini Gem Uyoo Elf and I knew what size she'd be because she's the same size as Barbie. She's also perhaps my best poser - though my DZ MSD is great too.

Dustbunnie

8. My smallest doll is my Pippitan, but she's certainly not at tiny as some. The most shocking part were how huge her feet were compared to her tiny stature.:lol:

9. I got my girl today, a bobobie March. The height didn't really surprise me, that was expected but the rest of her was so "wow!" She's also my first doll so thats a part of it but she's just so awesome. I love her. Her thighs and butt are far bigger then I expected though XDDD

10. My first tiny doll was cherishdoll. I was really shock because they were so tiny... and cute!!! They was tiny enough to fit my pocket to carry it!!!

11. My first BJD was a Hana Devil Efldoll. I had collected 16" vinyl fashion dolls and I just loved my 8" BJD and how you could change her wig, faceplates & eyes and she posed so well. I also loved the feel of the resin in my hands.

Then I went to the Elfdoll Showroom and saw a tiny MinDelRe and thought I'd never have a BJD that tiny...they're too small.

Well, now I own 3 Elfdoll tinies; 3 Banji dolls; 2 Naripons and 3 PUKIs.

YES, I luvs me some TINIES!!!!

12. My first tiny is a Soul Doll Metel. I actually got her secondhand from Moony. When I first saw this girl, it was pure love. Moony had brought her over to my house to get some photos taken of her, and I dug up some barbie clothes, and we just started dressing her up and snapping photos. Now, I had already collected barbies, so her size wasn't really a shocker for me, but the way she was made. She fascinated me intensely. So, naturally, I asked Moony about her; how she was made, what she was made of, so on and so forth.
      Flash forward to about a month later (Give or take. I'm guessing, because I really can't remember the time frame. :sweat ) Moony is customizing Aphrodite (Which was her Metel's name), and while her right calf was drying from having a coat of sealant put on it, her calf falls from where it was perched on its paintbrush to dry, jamming the paintbrush into the leg, cracking the resin, and through another series of events, the brush handle breaks, making the damage permanent. So, unsure of what to do, Moony puts the rest of Aphrodite into her box, and puts the box away.
      Flash forward again to a couple months ago, and Moony has decided to fix her Metel. She decides to just buy another body, and create a new character for her. She is successful in acquiring a new body, but is unsure of what to do with the old one. I, already being smitten with her size and mold, jump on it. Headless and damaged, I still wanted her. This was the first BJD I'd ever had the pleasure of playing with, much less seeing up close. Moony was kind enough to make her a gift, seeing as I was short on cash at the time, and allowed me to take her home with me. Once I had her home, I was a bit at a loss as to what to do with her. She was headless and partially legless, so I wasn't too sure if I'd even keep her. So, I dug out the same barbie clothes I'd dressed her up in, kept her clothed, and basically bonded with her until I'd be able to figure out what to do with her. After a week, I'd decided to assign her the character of Appleberry, a fairy I'd roleplayed in an online Labyrinth session from long, long ago. My only hiccup was what to do about her head. I'd checked the Souldoll website for Metel heads, but they didn't sell them! So, I turned to the trusty DoA marketplace, and was able to find a head at a reasonable price. (thanks, Valli!) I wasn't able to find any eyes that I'd liked for her, so I searched through my beading supplies for some nice, attractive beads to use for her eyes, and ended up settling for some clear aurora borealis plastic beads. They seemed to suit her, so she stayed with them. Moony was kind enough to make a pink fur wig for her, and Appleberry was nearly complete. The only thing she's missing now is a faceup, and that leg.

Sorry for the copious amounts of tl;dr, but I just can't help it, the girl makes me passionate.

13. I got to see some pukis at the london meet, I knew they were small, but they look totally different irl than in their stock photos at fairyland!
      It's funny how you can KNOW how small something is, but not really REALISE it until you see one in person!

14. Wanting to get a tiny BJD forever it seems and since I collect other dolls 8" and under the size didn't surprise me, but the feel of her in my hand and the poses she could do were awesome! Price played a big factor in choosing and always will in my doll collections. Just how I choose to spend my dolly dollars! Lati White and Yellow, an Orientdoll Tiny and a Puki Puki will be some of the next ones to choose from.

An overdose on cuteness indeed to paraphase on early comment on this topic!

I think my shock came in when I saw how tiny they were in relation to the larger dolls. I saw a picture story just today with a Bobobie and a HUGE (to me) BJD next to it and holding it in other pictures. I wish people would take more pics of dolls in relation to every day objects so I could get a better idea of scale!

15. I was totally unprepared for how small my Bobobie Cookie was going to be, she's supposed to be 14cms, but 14cms on a ruler seems way bigger than 14cms of resin goodness! When she arrived I was astonished and thought she was far too small for me, but I've gradually got used to her.

16. Yup, shocked would be the right word. My first tiny was a Puki and the only tiny I had ever seen before that was a Customhouse Ai (either Bisou or Ange, I don't remember). So when I got my Puki home I still had that image of a 20-30 cm doll in my head even though I knew that Pukis only are 10 cm.

So when I opened the box and found this fingerhigh little doll I realised that 10 cm is very small even for a tiny :o

17. Although I like the MSDs, I think I'm in love with all things tiny. Tiny Bear mentions Pippa dolls - wow that's a blast from the past. What I like about the tiny dolls is that you can collect loads and you won't run out of space! I have artist teddy bears and soon found I hadn't got shelf space. So then I started collecting miniature bears and found you can keep so many more in a small space! So now I'm starting with dolls! i guess I'm a compulsive collector of all things teeny tiny and the tiny's fit nicely into a 'fantasy' style 1/12th dollshouse too...although that would take up a bit more space LOL

18. My first tiny was a Banji and my initial reaction was impressed amazement at so much delicate detail in such a tiny tiny doll - not just the sculpt but the faceup too. Pippa dolls were rpobably the nearest non-BJD equivalent I had already encountered, and Much as I still love my Pippas, they really don't compare.

Unfortunately it has given me *high* expectations for other tinies - which can lead to me being sadly disappointed (my recently recieved Notdoll Lucy, for example is very very shoddy and a great disappointment... and not just in comparison to Banjis)

Teddy

19. Hmm, I'm not sure if she's considered a teeny, but my first teeny (and only teeny!) is a Bobobie Isabella.
      :3
      I wasn't shocked when I got her, but I was when I first saw her. I got her at a convention, so I had only seen other dollfies that the patrons were carrying, and most were the very BIG ones. Volks SD and whatnot.
      And when I went searching for my own, I found Isabella :3 I didn't know they came that small, much less not be the smallest of them all! XD
      But I renamed her Emma and have been -very- pleased with my beautiful girl!
      Too bad she's still bald!
      XD

20. Now that I am a "tiny owner" I can answer this!

I never wanted one. I loved my 43cm dolls so much. They are the right size to dress, model and photograph. But I saw someone's Yo-SD by Volks and went nuts. I never would have wanted it two years ago. She arrived last week and it is just pure "love". She is just so much fun. I love those big eyes, the fact she can travel so well, store easily and fits all those props I have left-over from my "other doll" days!

Now I want more!!!

By the way, great thread! Thank you!