1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your first Tiny? Were you shocked?

Jul 29, 2008

1. The first tiny I ever saw was a DIM Leisha, and she's not that small for a tiny, but she was so rediculously adorable.
      I saw a Yo as well which was adorable, but I was so afraid to touch him even though his owner kinda handed him to me and looked away. He was bigger than I thought he would be.
      Then I saw a Orientdoll So and some Pukis and realised just how small they were...they seem smaller than Kelly dolls (which I was comparing them to), and I was really put off by that, so I took them off my wishlist. They're just way too small for me.
      I'm really amazed at what people can do with them. :aheartbea

So to all you Puki/Teeny Tiny owners I give you some sort of virtual trophy...or a cookie or something.

2. My first tiny was also my first ABJD..my little Pocket Fairy Roa. She came to live with me about 3 years ago, and for a long time was an only child. I wasn't shocked at her size-just pleasantly surprised! She has since been joined by over 60 brothers and sisters from Puki to Lati Green size. I love them all.

3. I just traded for a DiM Leisha, and while I can't say I was shocked by her size, it was still... weird :aeyepop:. I'm so used to opening boxes that are two feet long and filled top to bottom with doll. Leisha (who I've named Pizzelle) shipped in a Pipos box (read: SMALL), and she didn't even fill it! :lol:

FWIW, she got instant approval from grandma. :lol: My grandmother made a beeline for my computer desk (Pizzelle's spot) this morning despite the light in the room being off, and immediately picked her up and started playing with her. She made a point of saying that she likes Pizzelle best, and I believe she's of the opinion that I should trade all my SDs for tinies. :sweat

4. My first tiny was a Lati Yellow Coco and she didn't shock me, I was charmed. The one that shocked me was my second tiny, an Orientdoll So Dong. I have never see anything that tiny and complete, in my life. Her name is Emily and I love her with a passion. I love the teeny tiny dolls (and all the other sizes too :)

5. My first tiny was a BB DZ Ani. She was actually bigger than I thought she'd be!

My second one I was shocked by, though. Tinybear Moona--- NOTHING could have prepared me for the actuality of how small she was. She has to be one of my favorite dolls, though!

6. My very first doll was a Petite Ai Gabriel, and I think my mom was more horrified that I paid almost $500 for something so naked and so....small. :sweat I liked that she could fit in my purse, but we never really got along...:(

However after having an SD, I'm more partial to MSD size and under. Toting an SD around the mall for an hour would just about make your arm fall off. XD;;

7. My Puki Piki is my tiniest tiny, and I was shocked at how small he is when I opened the box. But he quickly became one of my favorites, such a sweet bundle of love! I like the different sizes of tiny dolls. My YoSD Kuuta is not that small, and ideal for dressing/ posing. My Jaimedoll Ara (roughly the same size at Lati Yellow) is Kuuta's little sister. She likes to sit on his lap and give him hugs.

8. I don't currently own a tiny (yet! *pokes sig*) though the first one I ever bought was a Yo-SD Suzuna. I wasn't too suprised when I opened her, since I was used to smaller 1:6 scale dolls. Though I was thoroughly impressed by how small yet perfectly formed she was -- so like my SD's, but not in size. I loved the idea of a tiny SD so much! Unfortunately, I loved the idea so much that I tried to convince myself that I could love Suzuna (the only Yo headmold, at the time) . . . but I never did warm up to her and sold her. It had nothing to do with her size though. ;)

9. My first was Bisou ai Bon Bon, i was shocked when i got her, not for any bad reasons, more because i ADORED her, i was expecting to get her and find she was too small to handle, but she is such a cute little size, any smaller i don\'t think i could handle comfortably, my first love was Lati White Belle, that little face is TDF but even sp version might be a tad small for me.

10. Oh, I'm so with you. I too was shocked at bisou ai's size and find myself a bit awkward handling her, so this will be the ultimate tiny size for me. As much as I adore the pocket fairies, lati yellow and puki puki, I must be firm as I don't think I can handle their tininess.

11. My first resin ABJD was a tiny Bobobie Erin.:aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbeaI wasn't shocked at all by her size. Even though she's only about 5.5ins high, she has a cute chubby little body. What surprised me more was how I fell instantly in love with her. There was such a presence... or... personality that she seemed so real - er, hard to explain!:)

12. my first was a Pocket Fairy Yoko.. she was too adorable for words.. I still have the little stinker and 5 other PFs.. they are still one of my fav tinies..

I was surprised by the scale of my newest tiny (well not so tiny) Roono doll Yumi

she is more barbie type body.. but she is cute!

oh and I know Yo are considered Tiny, but I don't think of them as such..

13. My first tiny is also my first doll. I got A Bobobie Sunny. I was shocked at first to see how small they are. I fell instantly in love with him the moment I held him in my hands. I was vary happy to get him as well as happy to attend my first BDJ pannel because I got to see the dolls and get an idea of what size I wanted for the future. The 60cm are just to big for me the MSD are just fine.

14. I wouldn't say I was shocked by any of my tinies as like many other older members I was used to Pippa/Dawn sized dolls and other even smaller things.

Pleasantly surprised and delighted is perhaps more accurate. The only one that was perhaps smaller than expected was actually my BC Kumi head. Even though I had a BC body and had seen loads of pictures the face seemed so tiny in comparison when I saw it in person.

My first purchase was Ismenia, my HappyDoll Lilliput Daisy whos miserable, lost looking face hooked me. While I was paying her off I got a small bonus and snapped up Tinybear's Leeke Sweet/Bambicrony hybrid Ophelia. When I opened the box I just thought Wow, handled her like porcelain for a few hours, then placed her gently on the shelf. I loved her hands, her delicate face but was a bit scared of damaging her.
      Ismenia arrived a few weeks later and even though she's a bit smaller, she is such a sturdy, well built chunky little thing that I instantly gained more confidence and felt less afraid.

Tinybear's Moona was a must have, followed by Bracken. A BC Kumi elf head was next, then the curvy ladies BonBon and CoCo.
      I love the variety and the attitudes that tinies have, that fact they pack so much into such a small space, maybe that's why I can't make my mind up about a larger doll, they don't seem to have the same feistiness about them to me.

15. First tiny was a Latidoll Yellow line Cookie (who's now been rehomed); I've seen them IRL, so I wasn't surprised by their size, etc. I did appreciate how portable they were! :)

16. My first tiny was Moona. I had no idea she was so itsy bitsy. Pictures can be deceiving. Especially if you are new to the cm measurements. I find her exquisite. The detail and quality are marvelous. But I was extremely surprised.:o

Jane

17. I guess I should post my own stories seeing as I started this thread and all :sweat

My first tiny was a Bobobie Nissa and yes I was shocked! :lol: Not just because of how small he was (Especially next to a 70cm DollZone Yuu) but because he was SO cute! :aheartbea

18. I just got my first tiny yesterday, and I was actually surprized with how big she was. She is about the size of my forearm and wasn't really expecting that. But I really need time to bond with her and get to know her more. I really haven't gotten a chance with all the stuff going on with school.

19. Well, when I first saw a tiny [It was a Banji, coincidentially] I was like :O! That thing is so small, and it was like $200! I thought it was kind of ridiculous.
      But then, I grew really attatched to them. They're just too adorable, and they're pocket sized! You can bring them basically anywhere, and they don't take up a lot of room.

20. My first one was Ara by Jamiedoll - she really grabbed my heart and still is my favorite. Second would be my Volks papi and a very, very close third is my Orientdoll So.