1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your first Tiny? Were you shocked?

Jul 29, 2008

1. I have an Ara, too! She is so sweet and helpless, looks like a toddler who is about to cry.

2. My first tiny is a lati lami. She is so very cute to me.

3. I think the thing here is that tinies comprise such a wide range of sizes - I would separate out the ickle ones from the Barbie sized and larger child dolls, if I was the goddess of dolldom.

My very first doll was a DIM Sweet size, so she is a tiny, but quite a decent size of doll, in general. If I was shocked, it was because I was inexperienced and didn't realise a fullset would still be naked and bald in the box. :) Once I got over a few initial disappointments with her (a different story), it wasn't the size I was shocked by, but that I'd wanted so badly - and loved - a child doll, when after my beloved My Child from early childhood (who we still sleep with, hee) I'd only been interested in adult dolls. But I wanted her so badly!

Now one of the things I really want is another tiny, but a *tiny* tiny. I started collecting Kelly dolsl in between, but for the cute outfits - the doll herself is a bit meh. I've been looking at Elfkins to make a Snugglepot/Cuddlepie or a Ragged Blossom, because I'm in love with their sweet faces and the resin colours, but I'm afraid I'll be shocked and disappointed by how *big* she is. Even Pukis and Lati Whites, the measurements look bigger than the image in my head!

I know there would be technical problems with making them too, too ickle, but I'd love a bjd I could keep in a dollhouse.

4. it was love at first site!! I couldnt stop looking at her and she just made me smile! SHe was soooo tiny and so adorable!!

5. I received my first tiny just yesterday! It was a huge surprise and I'm still in shock. TaiOfMine and her mom, literally, gave me a Cutie Delf Mary (known as Bernadette, but I might change her name eventually). I'm still walking around the house, mumbling, "I can't believe they gave her to me!"

6. my first tiny doll was a pocketfairy yoko - I had seen tons of PF photos on flickr so I shouldn't have been surprised by her size... but once I saw her in person I just couldn't get over how little (and adorable) she was :)

7. I want to get my first tiny doll, I am still looking at photos but I LOVE the tiny ones they are so very cute and have so many different expressions. I can't wait to get one!!!

8. Yep, I was suprised being I already had a 61, 60 and a 44 cm by the time I fell in love with D.I.M. Sief......oh my god when I looked at her box I was in shock knowing how much room was inside!
      I adore her and then came the invasion of the tinies, Bobobie Nissa, Felix Brownie, Dollfactory Pinee and other sizes inbetween. Never figured myself to be a tiny owner but that's how it worked out!

9. NOOOOOOOOOO, I forgot to add in my puki's! pukisha baby blue and chi chi.

10. My first tiny is a Tinybear Coco. People on DOA said she was substantial for a tiny, but when I got her I was shocked. She was so delicate and small. I was like a new mom checking her fingers and toes. She is so lovely with the tiniest freckles and beautiful flowing pink hair. So delicate! I am overwhelmed by a need to protect and provide for her-- definitely mother's instincts. I have two more tinies on the way now!

11. My first Tiny was a Puki Pipi... I found this doll amazing and was quite afraid to break it... Taking it in the palm of my hand was like holding a really small animal : you squizz it a little too much and your just hurt it !

12. Puki's are great starters I guess!

I knew they were tiny and knew I'd be like wtf?! When I'd get it, and yeah, I said "OHMIGOSH SO TEENY!!! <333" *lovelovelove*

Human nature is amazing. We either love super small tiny things, or super large oversized things, and things that imitate other living things... which sounds silly all by itself doesnt it? Yup!

13. i was like o_O.....OMGCUTENESSHEARTATTACK when i got my puki

14. I was thrilled. Tinies are just the perfect size - you can cart them around in your handbag! I love their small size.

15. My first (and currently only) doll is a Luts Honey Delf Pudding. I adore her. I don't notice how tiny she is until she's put next to the 60cm boys at meet-ups. Then she looks wee. I got her for a child character and she fits the bill quite well. Sometimes I wish she was a little bigger so she could be proportionally a child to a 60cm doll I want to get, but I adore her the way she is.

16. My Tinybear Mina arrived today and she is extemely small. She is tinier than I thought. I thought she could be in scale with my other dolls and be a child to them but she's more like a doll compared to them lol.

17. My first tiny is a Lati Yellow white skin Miel, I was quite shocked of how tiny and cute she turned out to be as I was more into Momoko dolls. Lati yellow dollies are so delicate !

But then, i've got used to their tiny size and get more tinier dollies like bluefairy yoko and pukipukis! Pukipukis are so fun to pose and play with, they have mischievous faces !

18. Darling, I was. Shocked.

But not necessarily in a bad way >.<

19. MY first bjds ever are bbb isabella and bei. I loooove them. I went to a meet several weeks before getting my first doll and I got to see so many different sizes. But I noticed after that it wasnt just that i was scared of breaking the big ones but that i was just so much more attracted to the small ones. So when my first girl came I thought she was perfection in resin. then my second a few weeks later came and wow! I couldnt believe how wonderful they both were. I love the size. To me its perfect. I just wish more companies carried that size! Definitely love the little girls. :aheartbea

20. My first Tiny was lati yellow coco. I was really amazed and in love!
      [​IMG]:)

The second Tiny was lati white. And I was really shocked!!! So tiny! So wonderful!
      [​IMG]

:)