1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your first Tiny? Were you shocked?

Jul 29, 2008

1. My first Tiny was my first BJD ^_^ A PukiPuki Sugar and I was amazed at how tiny and well engineered she was. It was... it took me a few days to get over my amazement at how tiny and perfect she is. Even now I marvel at her.

2. My first Tiny was a Brownie Zeppelin GoGo. When I opened his box, I was in awe at how adorable, irresistible and just plain cute the little guy was. His size wasn't nearly as intimidating as I thought... in fact, I was hooked instantly.

I still can't believe how detailed he is - right down to his tiny fingers! I also love how I can carry him around in my pocket. He's just precious! :D

3. My first doll is a tiny. BBB Lucky. She came with lots of dresses, shoes and three wigs, all in one shoe box. The first moment I couldn’t find her :doh She got kind of lost in that stuff and bubblethingy around. LOL. Then I’ve gone awwww at her size. I can take her with me everywhere.
      She totally stole my heart, even as she’s a pest to sew for :)

4. I had fallen for a CH Petite in a doll store a couple of years before I took the plunge, so that was the first doll I wanted. Today I got a CH Bisou in the mail and it totally surprised me how small she is. I had even printed out a flat version of her for my bulletin board and it didn't really prepare me.

5. I recently received my very first BJD, a tiny Gogo sculpt Brownie, & yes I was totally shocked. :ablink:

The cuteness factor struck me immediately, but then when I actually got my hands on her I could not believe the weight, craftsmanship, artistry, & posing capability. I had often read the Brownies are easier to pose than many of the other teeny-tinies, but c'mon - this is unreal, lol.

I've collected a lot of different kinds of dolls over a lot of years, & this is the first time I have ever considered selling a bunch of them - to be replaced by more tiny BJDs, of course. Those are strong words coming from someone who has always been a 'lifer' when adopting my dolls. They have all always been 'keepers'. At this point I am convinced there are very few if any dolls out there which possess the beauty & perfection found in the world of BJDs. I am definitely hooked.

I think the most shocking thing to me is it took a long time for me to get interested in & warmed up to this kind of dolls, & now here I am suspecting they will fast become my most favorite dolls of all. Just goes to show people can change, & I am so happy to be someone who did.

:love

6. I was like "Oh my god thats the cutest thing ever"!!!
      tiny's are adorable, always are

7. My first BJD "tiny" was an Elfdoll HANA DEVIL and a DOONA SOAH. I was in love with their size, and their faceplates! I loved how
      small they were and could sit on my computer monitor (they still do - I don't have a flat screen monitor).

Then, on a visit to the Elfdoll store in Glendale, Calif., I remember seeing a 14cm TINY ELFDOLL and thinking "they're so small and skinny, I'll never get a doll like that". Well, now I have 7, 14cm tinies... and 2 PUKIs.... and 2 Hana sized dolls.

8. Seishiro-chan is a Minoru World's PocketFairy and my second doll (the first was a MSD): when I took him out of the box, I was almost shocked, he was so small! XD I couldn't play with him for almost two days, I had so much fear to break him! But now he's my favourite journey's friend and he love it, as you can see in this photo <3

9. Since all I have are tinies nope I wasn't shocked. I have a Bobobie March, A Felix Brownie and a Bobobie Elfkin. The Brownie supprised me a little bit but it was instant love. I think I am more shocked at the size of MSD and SD ( I have never seen either in person ) when I see pics of them with tinies. They look sooo big. I love my tinies and only have plans to get one MSD.

10. My first doll was a Garden of Dolls Nabiyette. I was amazed at how delicate and detailed she was. For awhile I have been looking for good dollhouse dolls but nothing is better than the BJDs :)

11. My first tiny doll was my first ever doll, a pukifee ante. I was a bit shocked at how big she was but it's still my favorite size. 15-16cm is just the best, hehe :3

12. I don't any tinies yet, but I am waiting on a Yo-SD.

In my mind, I used to picture them as about MSD-sized but with childlike features, dunno why, but I always do that, and when it comes to grabbing my ruler and seeing what ~25cm is actually like, I'm always surprised lol! That's so tiny!!

My incoming tiny is about that height, specifically 25.6 cm, but I'm already envisioning a big baby >_< Bad brain! I keep trying to remind myself how tiny she is compared to my imagination, so that I won't be shocked and disappointed.

Also, I keep imagining my FL MNF will arrive in tan, even though I ordered normal skin... what's wrong with me lol.

All I can say is, I hope I'm not too surprised xD

13. Elfdoll tinies are my favourite. I wish they would make them again.

14. Well, my tiny Dollzone Eugenia was my first BJD, so I had nothing to compare her to.
      But yes, shocked. I knew her measurements and all that but when she arrived I was a bit "I knew she'd be tiny... but she's tiiiiiny."

I love her to bits and I'm glad I got her but I'm not sure I'd get a similar size again.
      She's beautifully delicate.
      "Flexible" doesn't begin to describe her (hehe I can relate, having hypermobile joints. Find myself saying "why won't your shoulder sit right?" then pausing as I recognise the problem myself.)

But oh my she can be a handful. Joints akimbo every which way. I'm frustrated because I restrung her and hot-glue sueded her joints which went well and she was much less kicky. Then I spilled a bit of acetone on her body and had a frantic emergency unstringing and rinsing/washing. When I put her back together again she's all kicky again, despite using the same elastic loops.

And her head is so small. So small. I'm having a hard time finding any wig that will fit (3.5") and trying to do her face up aaaaarrrrgh.

I was mesmerised when I first saw her little face, but now she feels a bit daunting.
      Still glad I got her though, I do love her littleness to look at. She can curl up in the palm of my hand!

15. My first tiny was an Doll chateau Ada. I kind of miss the little guy but he didn't fit in at the time. I'm kind of making my way back to tinies again lol. With centaur type dolls! I love how different all the doll sizes really are. The amount of detail they have for such a small doll is quite amazing and again amazing for something almost palm sized.

16. I was shocked at the detail when my first 1/6th doll (Littlefee Leah) arrived. She looked so delicate and frail. I marveled at the details in her face-up and cooed over her tiny limbs. I loved her the second I laid eyes on her.

When I first got my 1/8th doll (Pukifee Ante) my reaction was pretty weird. It was a little something like "Is this all?" followed by "Oh my, she IS pretty cute, isn't she?" as I fumbled around with her joints. I think I expected more from them since everyone kept raving about them. In the end I do love 1/8th dolls for their ultra-portability, cuteness factor and carrying one around doesn't immediately cause people to swarm you which is nice.

I also owned a 1/12th doll (PukiPuki Ruby) which I absolutely adored but unfortunately had to sell for financial reasons. She was the doll that got the most travel time when she was still present.

I don't think I have a favorite tiny size so far. As long as they're chubby and adorable I'm sold...

17. My first tiny was my first BJD, my Pipos Baha. I loved them from the second I saw one online on deviantart back in the day. I was amazed by her and still love her to this day. It kinda sparked something because now I’m tiny obsessed. :sweat

18. My first tiny BJD was a Pukifee Crystal, and let's just say I was not disappointed. Her faceup was gorgeous and her height matched that of a fairy. The detail of her face sculpt was fascinating! A great doll to start with :aheartbea

19. My first tiny was my Aileen Doll Licht. I was amazed at how adorable and delicate he was :aheartbea