1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Most Expensive Doll Dress Set

Sep 15, 2017

1. I bought my fashionable spooky lad a special ensemble from Nezumitoo on Etsy, for over $100. It was totally worth the expense. The outfit was masterfully made, with delicate antique sari silks. Here's an awkward phone shot- I need to do a proper shoot with this gorgeous outfit.
      [​IMG]
      Lining doll clothes is hard but she did it without adding any bulk. The patterns fit beautifully and the closure for the trousers does this cool swept thing so it doesn't interrupt the salwar lines. Making this outfit is a triumph of delicate handling, because the silk is so fine and old, but it's been made into something new that really showcases the richness of the metallic threads and colors... I can't shut up about how nice it is!

2. I've custom ordered a couple outfits from etsy sellers and spent $30-$50 each for them. The most I dropped, however, was $55 for a secondhand Dollheart Sweet Casual Daisy outfit. It's a sold out outfit and was in like new condition, plus the regular price of the outfit was double what I paid so I felt like it was a steal!

3. The most expensive outfit I ever bought was for my Tony Stark, shortly after I bought him his motorcycle. Being an Iple SID, it was of course their leather biker outfit for 225 $. But as mentioned, worth every penny.

The point with well-made clothing or shoes is that they may be smaller than human-sized clothing items. But mostly the same work goes into it like for a big one. And often you have to find different fabrics as you need them to drape correctly and the correct pattern size. So I am fully okay with paying a lot of money for outfits I really like.

4. A Volks Outfit for Sd:
      Checkmate / Pretty 7560¥
      Shoes 4860 ¥
      :...(

5. I don't think I've ever spend more then 150 on a dolly dress. I am higher eyeing a 200 dollar dress so who knows I might cave and get it someday.

6. Custom HZ outfit for my Sard... He looks soooo good in it though. And it was when the Soom Super Gems were new so not many were making his size.

7. It's not a dress but I recently commissioned someone to make a Korean hanbok for my RSDOLL New Evan. He's highly influenced by the character Hansung from a Korean drama called Hwarang. The total was 159 including shipping, it's totally worth it though because I wouldn't be able to find it anywhere!

8. I think it's between my Angel Studio Emperor clothes (first pic) or the kimono I found on yahoo auctions Japan (second pic). Both are expensive. :doh
      [​IMG]Galadon by Alsvieth Hropter, on Flickr

[​IMG]Hanako by Alsvieth Hropter, on Flickr

9. For me, it is outfit set around $200 from M de H. But the quality was so great that I never regret it...!

10. Wow. Those are some fancy outfits. I'm so cheap I buy and modify kids clothes on clearance :whee:

11. My most expensive outfit is by Iplehouse. I bought the Nude Pink Lingerie set for EID girls for 72 USD. It's so delicate and I don't regret a single penny.

12. I brought a limited full set doll just for the outfit, and now my dolls are sharing this set:3nodding:

13. I have a Volks x h.naoto SD outfit that I paid around $175 for... it's probably the most expensive dolly outfit I own (but it's gorgeous and so worth the money!) :D

14. I have lots of $150+ outfits but my most expansive outfit was an Iplehouse limited EID man outfit that I got second hand for $350. The price still scares me but I never thought I'd actually find that outfit so I don't regret it.

15. I bought one reasonably expensive outfit once, in 2007 when I started collecting dolls. it was 75 $ and consisted of a faux leather jacket, skirt and "apron"/belt with pockets and lace stockings. It was well worth the price back then, but the faux leather has now practically turned to dust.
      I traded a custom BJD head for an expensive Dollheart Set which looks gorgeous, but the faux leather pants have also crumbled away. I sometimes trade faceup services for brand outfits with my friends, so I don't know the original price.
      Funny enough, my dolls never want to wear the complete outfits. I usually combine them with other clothes.

16. Definitely small-time dressmakers. When I spend a lot on something, I want it to be fairly exclusive. It doesn't necessarily have to be OOAK, but I'd much rather spend $300+ on a LE dress versus $150 on a dress that anyone can go and buy whenever. A lot of independent dressmakers are also willing to adjust measurements here and there as long as you mention it before production, which isn't quite as easy when you're buying from a company that already has the item in stock.

I'm waiting for my dolls to get here before I spend more than $100 on an individual item just so I'm positive on the measurements, but I cannot wait to go shopping when they arrive. :love

17. I spent $180 on an SID suit when I ordered my own SID dude. I knew at the time the body type was pretty unusual (tbh that exact size still seems to be), and I've never had a ton of confidence in my own sewing skills and I didn't want him sitting around naked for however long. It is such amazing quality though so you definitely get what you pay for.

Sad thing is I'd never even consider spending that much on my own wardrobe for an entire year...

18. I agree, smalltime dressmakers. Of course, styles and quality vary so you have to pick and choose.

#59 Carolod23, Jan 3, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2021
    19. I bought two Desers dresses. One is around 700 and the second one is around 600. Paid off by layaway. I’m very excited to see them! It seems ridiculous and it is. Ultimately, I intend to house my dolls in a display case. I’ve bought cheap clothes before and they just deteriorate over time. It’s awful. Honestly, if you can save up some money, it’s worth it. I will usually check Volks for anything I need and then check other well known companies like Luts, TTYA, Sadol, or Freedom Teller. I’m exploring Chinese dress makers right now but are really hard to buy from, especially from Taobao. MoonlightBJD sometimes will be a great place to get cool pieces from China.