1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your opinion on multiple layaways

Sep 28, 2019

1. I did two layaways at the same time. But one was a 4 month and the other was a 2 1/2 month. Both were with individuals so they were easy to work with if I needed an extension or had questions(which I only believe happened once when my wallet was stolen so I had to make more money) it really depends. I like individual layaways more than I like company layaways I think. Theres more wiggle room if you miscalculated or something happens. But you can almost always rely on a company not to fall through with your money. But I couldnt imagine having two layaways or more with a company. But as long as you can afford it, I suppose it doesnt matter how the layaway is categorized.

Whew.. that was long winded. Sorry.

Tdlr: Multiple layaways are cool with me as long as more than one isnt a company one and you can afford it.

2. Ahh although layaways are tempting for me they are also a bit scary...I don't think I'd trust myself with more than one, I'm afraid I'll mess something up. Even if I have the money, more payments mean more opportunities for my bank to refuse the use of my card, which it has done before when they suspect the transaction (like when it's a lot of money or it's done outside of business hours or whatever seems different to them). Then I'd have to contact my bank and that is never fun. So more opportunities for a headache.
      I think I'll try to stick to paying in full, unless it's a very expensive bjd and in that case my bank might prefer smaller payments xD Ah I just hate having to contact my bank, it's very stressfull!
      Recently I've been tempted to buy a doll on layaway but decided against it. If I don't have the money for something at the time I try to accept that I'll have to find them secondhand later.
      That's just me though, I realize some people won't have the same problems with it.

3. I think when I first got into the hobby I had like 4 going at once! But it was always me starting a new layway right as I was about to finish one. Definitely wouldn't do that again lol!

4. I got stressed when I had two since they were around the same price range. I’m not doing that again, and had to sell one of my layaways before it came three layaways.

5. I think it's fine as long as you are sure you can make all your payments on them. I have 2 right now, one is almost done and the other one just started. They have a big difference in price range so its not that bad

6. Irresponsible.

7. Ugh its so hard as they're so cute! I'm currently on 2, probably will go to 3 in March! But once they're paid off I'm going to 1 max, it's too much financial strain atm!