1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your partner and your BJD...

Feb 27, 2011

1. My partner loves my dolls, and he kind of fall in love with them too. We get alone well. If my partner does not like my doll I htink I would not be with him for a long time. Someone who love you should also love what you love, At least accepted the fact.

2. My husband (we've been together since I was 17 and he 15 and now I'm 27 O_O) was around before I got into BJD's so he's been around to see the beginnings of the hobby with me when I was around 22. He bought me my first resin doll (an Elfdoll Soah) and almost every single doll afterwards. He bought me three Unoas as my engagement present instead of an engagement ring since I don't wear jewelry.

He's very supportive of my doll collecting since he says it makes me happy and although he doesn't collect dolls himself he likes to comment on the sculpts I have and has his favorites. He even goes to doll meetups with me. He's never once complained about how much the dolls cost and does get very upset if I end up selling one due to a financial emergency. I bother him with dolly chat all the time. I'm really glad he's supportive of my hobby otherwise I don't know what I'd do!

3. my boyfriend (of 1 1/2 year) is one of the most supportive boyfriends, he wants to go to doll meets (which he can't since he is in tech school... and then going to be across the country for 6 years...) AND he wants to see my dolls and offered to buy my first one, but in the end he didn't. the best part of all this is he is the macho airman/mechanic type (works out ALL the time... I'm not complaining though :3) but really he is amazing :)

4. My boyfriend has very little interest in the dolls themselves, but he's very appreciative of how beautiful they are. Really, I'm just glad he doesn't think they're creepy or hate them xD; He does think I'm a bit weird for liking them so much, but he gets why. I don't think he's thrilled by me blowing $200 per doll but... >_>;

5. My boyfriend sometimes likes to tease me about my dolls, playing up the whole 'creepy' bit, but I know he means it in jest since he has his own geeky hobbies which I also like to poke him about. He knows my dolls make me very happy and are very important to me so even though I'm not sure he 'gets' them, I know he gets their significance to me. He even offered to purchase for me the little wolf Howl from The Mushroom Peddler since I couldn't stop gushing over it when I showed him the link <3 And even if I don't take the offer it's really the support in my weirdo hobbies rather than the doll itself that's most important anyway.

6. My fiance, whom I live with, is very money conscious, which is great because I'm not. At first, he was opposed to the idea, then learned I could do layaway in most instances. And then Poe came home; he nicknamed her, decided she looked like me and....now he's completely open with his opinions (which dolls he thinks are ugly, which aren't) and doesn't care about prices anymore. He picked my last doll and is being quite assertive about which girl comes home next. He always votes for the busty ladies and makes fun of the boys that are a little too pretty. We both have our weird hobbies, and we'd rather see each other happy. Right now, he has a 12" storm trooper we call Gary sitting next to Poe on the doll shelf.... and he loves seeing me make things for them. He thinks it's cute I still play with dolls. I'm lucky. <3

7. Heaven help me, my husband is an enabler. He bought me my Iplehouse Heloise Robot, and he keeps urging me to get more. He brought me home a glass sword for Seraphym that has a flame inside the blade!

8. My partner is fine with it/them.

He collects stuff too, so we have a house full of my dolls and toys, his model soldiers, both our books, and fabrics, and costumes (we're both historical re-enactors and costumers) and all his armour and weaponry.

And, although he's not really a "doll person", he occasionally sees one (when I'm looking at the doll sites) that he likes enough to buy for himself. He doesn't play with them, just displayes them in the living-room and changes outfits occasionally, but I'm not complaining - it means there's and SD16 boy, a tanned Mano and an Iplehouse boy in the house that I didn't have to save up and pay for.

9. My partner isn't a doll person himself, but he does take pride in my sewing and face-up skills and likes to boast to visitors about how valuable my dolls are and how they aren't toys but art objects. He doesn't handle them himself much and certainly doesn't play with them, but he does take an interest when a new one comes into the house (and not just because of the cost! :lol:) and likes me to show him the face-ups when they're done.

I've sold a few dolls over the years and he's never told me I shouldn't sell them - but when it's been because we needed the money, he's expressed sadness to see them go (which really hasn't helped when it was a tough decision to make in the first place! :(). I don't feel the need to clear doll purchases with him beforehand; he trusts me to manage my own money and not overspend.

He's never going to get a doll of his own, but he does have his favourites amongst my dolls, and he teases me about Tal, my Obitsu Haruka elf boy, being a prissy little do-gooder. :)

So, not a dolly person but certainly a doll-friendly person. :D

10. My boyfriend said he thought they were creepy, but I am sure he supports me as he said he would help me buy one that I have been looking at for a week now. I have yet to buy a doll and bring it home, for they are expensive adn it isn't a desicion I want to take rashly. I also wanted to run it by him before I made such an investment. He seemed reluctant... until I mention one word... PHOTGRAPHS. Then he went on about how we would need better light to take pictures of the dolls lol

11. My boyfriend teases me a little bit about it too but he also has a slight fascination with them. He has his own geeky habits and obsessions; we're both videogame nerds but his obsession goes beyond mine, so he understands what it's like to be really interested and involved in something that makes you happy and gives you something to escape to.
      He thinks some of them are cool too; he likes Chrom's werewolf look and even offered to try and help me pay off an Iplehouse Arvid who he also liked (didn't happen btw, I was the sensible one xD)

12. Dolls freak him out but we each have our own hobbies and we pretty much don't put our noses in the other's hobby.
      He sometimes notices them, when I move them around or when they stand on my desk naked (for whatever reason) but he really doesn't want to be involved, and that's fine :B

13. Don't know who corrupted who 1st. I know I bought my girl 1st, and then he bought his, but we both had the smaller obitsu's of our respective characters. Recently I got my 3rd Soom girl in on Saturday and he is still waiting for his 2nd DollMore girl to ship. His is a much bigger order than mine, so it will be a few more weeks...

- ShadowHawke -

14. Mr. Rkold is not a doll collector himself and never will be but he is very patient about all my wacky hobbies and willing to help with them when I ask. He waited in the LE line at one of the GW Dolpas for me and waited in 2 lines for me during another trip to Japan so that I could try to get a 1/6 doll I wanted. I don't think he finds my dolls particularly attractive or compelling, but that's OK, we don't have to like all the same things. He's not really a collector but knows I am.

15. I've been collecting BJDs for 6 years, and I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years. He knew what he was getting into, eccentric hobbies and all. It has become a bit more complicated since we moved in together, because what I spend my money on affects him too. But all in all, he doesn't mind them, but isn't enthusiastic about them either.

16. The Hubby thinks my dolls are creepy (and actually calls them The Creepies). But, when I was first pining over my first doll (Moswen, my AoD Chi), he's the one who encouraged me to buy the doll because he saw how much I loved it. As far as the money factor goes, I set aside a little each paycheque for whatever doll I'm after and he regards that money as mine to do with as I please.

For all that he doesn't like my dolls, he wants to set up a shelf in our spare room so I can display them because he doesn't think it's fair that I've currently no safe place to have them aside from in their boxes. He also thinks they're all pretty with the exception of Tyh (OD Tae Vampire) and doesn't understand why I bought that doll. He doesn't care that I did because it makes me happy and ultimately that's all that matters to him. He does stay on the look out for things that I can use with my dolls and I think that's very sweet of him.

17. Well when I first found BJD's my boyfriend knew more about them then most of my girl friends. Now that I've have my first girl and I'm getting my 2nd he has plans in the works to get himself his own dolls. He's interested in the market (he's studying economics) and likes gore mods. So now I get to tell him all the stuff I learned ^.^, also my boy buys stuff for Emily and has helped me get Yoko.

18. Ehh The boyfriend isn't quite sure exactly how someone like me got into dolls. I never liked dolls as a child, I'm quite boyish in my interests, but yet I like dolls these days. He does like that both me and his best friend's girl is into dolls (although different kind). He just doesn't understand how I got into them *but* I can tell he'd love to surprise me one day with buying something for them. He always looks over my shoulder when I'm window shopping and asking website names ^^

19. My husband isn't interested in dolls and never seems to notice my dolls or any of my other hobbies, but at a party we attended recently, I overheard him telling someone that I collect and paint art dolls. I like to keep a low profile around him about my dolls because even though I only spend my money on my hobbies, the amount I spend is on a "need to know" basis.

20. My fiance (6 years together) is tolerant of my dolls, as I was of her being a demo derby driver. However, she definitely does not want a doll of her own. She's way too butch for that! She tolerates my tarantulas and dolls, while I tolerate her trucks and bowling balls. So long as she doesn't suddenly demand I sell off all my dolls, we will be happy together. :]