1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your partner and your BJD...

Feb 27, 2011

1. I just brought my partner her first BJD and she was over the moon, but now she thinks her doll owns my dolls and is making up stories about there day at home....

Plus when i get home, i find the dolls doing the dumbest things, its pretty funny sometimes but its nice to know she really cares about them and loves them enough to give them both so much time!

so that would be a yes she loves the dolls and now its a struggle to keep her from not buying more!! although she spoils her doll rotten with so many things! i swea her doll has more clothes than i do!!

2. LOL the second I saw this I thought of when I made my bf bow down to lil dollzone chinese dragon baby I nicknamed feeties xD He of course bowed down and did his lil diddy song xD

3. This is beautiful. <3

Anywho.ahem.
      I think a hobby is a part of who you are. It is something that you enjoy. If a boyfriend or girlfriend, does not accept that, then that is something he's, or she's, not accepting about you... of course, everyone is entitled towards their own opinions, but if they make you feel bad about it, then that's wrong.
      I understand if the hobby is having some sort of bad effect on your life, then that is reasonable - for instance, using money that should be used to pay bills, or for food, for dolls instead... then I can see where that would be a problem, especially if it is concerning your partner, and that would need intervention. However if they're going to scorn or nag at you because they "cost a lot" or they are "just a doll" then I think that's kinda mean... taking an interest in your partners' hobby is a really lovely thing to do, even if you're not crazy about it, it's something you can share, even just by listening to what they say about it once in a while.
      Oh and, doll fear is an exception, I totally get that. I think everyone's had their moments of being freaked out about something.

4. My partner (6 years) and I have been living apart because we work in different parts of the country. I am on long leave at the moment and so, we are together in Toronto but will be returning to my work later this year. My dolls were acquired while I'm away at work and so, he has not seen them altogether. He did in the past give some negative comments on my dolls looking very feminine but he has been generally supportive of my hobby. My latest doll _________ made him very uncomfortable. I am not sure if it's because he was shocked by the beauty and detailed workmanship or if he is unhappy that I have 5 beautiful boys or he's uneasy with the price. However, for the first time, he did not make any negative comment on this particular acquisition. He only said I have too many boys and I should get a girl. He fails to understand my love for Japanese anime and that I only watch bi-shounan and mecha titles. Whatever the reason, he looked shocked when he saw ________. However, I noticed that visitors to my home are all stunned when they see _____________, for a while, they cannot speak. I don't dare to bring home the last name left on my wish list, it's another beautiful boy. Am I over doing it? Should I get a girl just to please him? I am not even remotely interested in resin girls.

Meanwhile, I try to ignore my boys when he's around. But, when he's not around......:aheartbea ;) :fangirl:

5. My fiancé is afraid of dolls and our relationship started before I even knew about BJDs, so the dolls were not part of the package back then. He's been a good sport about it, although we have rules like "No dolls in the bedroom." and I try to warn him if I will work on my dolls in the kitchen or living room so he won't be surprised by sudden doll encounters.
      My fiancé has hobbies that are not my thing and he doesn't bother me with them. We both talk about our hobbies, but understand that we will never have the exact same hobbies. As long as you are considerate towards each other, it will be okay.

6. My fiance got me into them...well he did without really trying to. He took me to otakon the first year we started dating and in the dealers room I spotted these weird dolls that I wanted. We went back thinking they'd be like fifty bucks...mole they were 500. Needless to say I went home without.

I eventually bought a doll and my fiance was happy for me...then 1 doll turned into 2 then 3 then more. My fiance likes the ones that aren't the normal cookie cutter dolls( although I see the differences in every company) I owned a Chrin but sold to pay forr bills and my fiance was so unhappy about it. I think what bothers him about them is the price.

7. My husband is extremely supportive. He enjoys the creativity the dolls inspire in me, and enjoys watching my creative process. He's even been known to go to doll cons with me, though he isn't a doll person himself.

8. My bf (4 years now) has watched me go from Blythe to BJD- at first he's bring it up when he wanted to be mean, something like ' oh well you can just go home and play with your dolls' , you know some jerk comment.
      But I'm tough and I showed him right away that I don't take crap about it. Enough stigma is on this hobby as it is, and I'm not accepting that from him.

So now, he'll look at pics I've taken with me, and help with things to build houses for them. When I buy a new one he'll say joking "oh no!", or something. He knows I'm responsable enough not to ruin us in debt with a hobby, and that if we ever are in money trouble, I do offer to sell one or two of my dolls, and he sometimes doesn't want me to, won't let me.

I think its a matter of respect, in the type of relationship we are in, and wanting to have- we are accepting of each other, and supportive, and thats it!

9. I've had my boy Alex before I met my boyfriend, I was honestly afraid to show him. But my boyfriend kinda looked at the same way he likes to do model airplanes. But as the days go on I've noticed that he has seem to show more interest/care lately. Last night he didn't see Alex in the bedroom and he was all, "WHERE'S ALEX!?" I thought it was really sweet.:aheartbea

10. When my husband was my finace he thought me laying out the cash for my first doll was a little not so brilliant of a purchase due to the cost, but once I had my first boy and he helped me out to change his eyes and stuff and he sort of played with posing him a little and stuff and uttered the words "I think I want one too...but mine will have to be a girl, I'm not owning any boy dolls, that'd just be weird"....... 4 1/2 years later between the 2 of us we own more than 20 dolls, a quarter of them his, and he's got more boys than girls... He's supportive so long as all the bills are paid and we're not scrimping for food.

11. My husband loves bjd's! He and I met online and one of the pics on my profile was of Ven, my Juri 05, and he fell in love with not only me, but BJD's as well. We've been together for 4 years and he owns 4 dolls and several heads. My hubby is actually a biker and gear heads and has taken Addy, his B&G Afra, to the auto parts store with him. :)

12. I was real nervous when I told my boyfriend about getting my first bjd, but he was so excited for me, he helped me pick her out and everything. Now that she is home, I find him treating her like our kid...I love it! He just wants to make me happy and he knows that the dolls do that.

13. the boyfriend (of 3ish years) likes her (my only doll) in the sense that he's glad I have her, but doesn't want his own doll. he helps me pick out clothes, wigs, etc and we look at dolls together. he tells me which ones he likes/doesn't like, but again he'd never own one. he buys me stuff for her sometimes. I actually like our dynamic towards it haha.

14. My partner, the guy who lives with me as that is the way I usually talk about him :lol:, and I started more than 15 years ago and he saw me getting into this hobby and, although he is not into dolls, he has supported me all the way. He likes me to be happy with what I like, always we can afford it. Same way, I like him to be happy with what he likes. That is the way it works for us. One of the things he says about the expensive they are is they last in time and you can enjoy them much more than things which fade after a while. What else could I ask? I am absolutely glad with the way he takes my BJD hobby, most of all because also this way he shows he really cares about me. :aheartbea

15. my partner just accepts them, he takes me when possible cos of work to doll fairs.

16. My boyfriend doesn't mind my hobby, he thinks it's cool! He's never seen my doll though.

17. My Boyfriend (of 6 years / we live together) has been with me longer then I have been in the hobby. I actually started with figures and my Dal doll and he was (and still is) very supportive of them as we are both into the Anime (manga, con, Japanese) culture. (photography is my number one hobby and he likes to see me explore my talents by photographing my toys and dolls. He actually helps me think of photo ideas) Anyway, Each week we both get allowance to spend on what ever we like, I saved mine up to buy my Minifee Shushu. He knew I had been saving up for a BJD and doing atleast a hour of "research" each day for over that year. (this pleased him) But before I purchased her, I wanted his blessing. When I showed him Shushu and told him that I had decided on her, he didn't really act like he liked her (he thinks most BJDs are creepy I think). This hurt me a bit at first but he told me that BJD's are MY hobby and as long as I was sure of my decision and as long as I was happy, then he is happy. :aheartbea

18. My husband is also a toy collector (mostly of the vinyl variety) so it's never been an issue. I think my girls creep him out a little, but then again, his giant Frank the Bunny figure creeps me out a little, so I guess we're even :)

19. My boyfriend is very supportive about my doll collecting. He himself collects expensive swords, so it's not like he doesn't understand the concept of an expensive hobby. He's helped me film box openings and shown general excitement when I tell him about a new doll I'm getting. I know he doesn't exactly get the hobby or why I am so into it, but he supports me all the same.

20. My boyfriend (of 4 1/2 years) isn't a HUGE fan of my dolls...or dolls in general. He finds them creepy but he doesn't say it in a mean or offensive way. He has seemed to get used to them over time and all I ask of him is to be respectful of them and I will respect his crapload of computer parts in the basement...lol.