1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your partner and your BJD...

Feb 27, 2011

1. My fiance bought me a practice head for my birthday, helped me do my first face-up (he is a master at carving out shapes with a craft knife), listens to all my babbling and is teaching me how to photograph my girl (the picture in my sig, I posed, he adjusted the settings, we shot). He also encourages me to save up for them and reminds me not to spend money because I'm saving for doll X. I would put him in the super amazingly supportive category.

All that said, I'm pretty sure he still finds them a bit creepy.

In return, I do my best to support his car hobby, even when I feel a bit clueless. :sweat

2. OT, but it's perfectly possible to be asexual and have a perfectly fulfilling romantic relationship with a longterm partner. Speaking as someone who is asexual and getting married next year. ;)

3. OT Congratualtion on that. I am more of aromantic Asexual so a partner is really not somthing think I will have but like I said If I ever did find a person I would hope they like my dolls and supported me in my hobby

4. At first my boyfriend was like "are you kidding me they are WAY too expensive and rather creepy like! you know I hate dolls." kind of thing then I got him his first doll as a surprise Christmas gift this past year and now he has his own DoA account and is planning on getting more of the ones he likes :)

5. My fiancee loves my girl. :)
      You can often times find him posing her in his room. Its rather cute.
      He is more interested in Volks Dollfies though. ^^;;

6. Oh, he thinks they're creepy except for the ones that look super realistic. Minifee freaks him out, but he really likes Iplehouse EID/SID. I told him I was going to buy an Iplehouse SID Eva. $500-$600? HE WAS OKAY WITH THAT. But a cochon face pukipuki for $150? NOOOOO.

I don't get it :{

7. My partner is rather supportive, he likes the stories I tell him about my doll characters and thinks it is great that I enjoy this hobby so much. One of my (dream) dolls was a gift from him and his parents for christmas :D And he also helps me with choosing which dolls to get (f.e. if there is more than one option for the same character; or if the decision is difficult for other reasons - lately, it was because two limited dolls were released at approximately the same time and I only had the ressources to buy one of them).

8. My live-in boyfriend thinks they're creepy. But it doesn't bother me that much, because he still refers to them by name and treats them respectfully. And he doesnt care how i spend *my* money as long as i can still pay my bills.

Also, its great fun to hide them places where they'll make him jump when he finds them. Mwahahaha.

9. I have been with my fiance for over 4 years and I've had dolls for longer than that, so they've always been there when we've been together. He loves that I have a hobby and enjoys that I enjoy them, but he teases me about the sometimes. He's seen my collection when it took up an entire wall in my basement, and has watched it dwindle and change to the more modest collection I have now. I've actually gotten to the point where I'm trying to commit to not buying any new dolls and he knows that so he's eying every box I get suspiciously nowadays. Somehow my justification that is has just been clothes hasn't really worked, though. :lol:

10. My bf accepts it. We've been together for almost 4 years, but have been friends for longer than that so he was fully aware of my interests and quirks. He doesn't want me to become obsessed with them because they cost so much, but it's understandable.

11. I have always had dolls and my husband has been supportive through it all. I had them when we dated, I had them when we got engaged, I still have them after we had kids and got married. It does help that he has his own interests and hobbies and that's where he learned most of his collecting respect anyways. He currently collects various games, tabletop and video. He used to do comic books and action figures but those collections have since halted as his interests changed over the years. He does raise an eyebrow once in awhile but he doesn't say anything at all. I have made a few of my dolls cosplay as some of his favorite MMORPG characters so it sort of meshes our interests a bit.

12. My Hubby is afraid of dolls. He is very good to me thought. He is in the SCA.(a group of people who get together and dress up and reenact pre Renaissance Europe. there is even fighting.) It is a very costly hobby, so he understands. He is also an Artiest so he is going to help me with my first face up. I've been getting him use to the idea. Now he might even want to get some dolls of his own. ^^

13. Boy always knew that I wanted a BJD and being an otaku himself he liked figures and anime dolls. When I bought my first eye (yes, one eye) He knew he had to buy me a doll for it to go in. At first he accepted and said "whatever makes you happy" but the moment he saw Zxy he understood why I loved them. Soon after I got Zxy, Girl got her Jhonen. I think he felt a bit envious of us because he went and bought himself a doll that cost more than both our dolls twice over! I think Boy enjoys my hobby very much. I don't think he minds the price of them, either. <3

14. My boyfriend of two years has always been okay with my hobby. I introduced him to abjds before we were dating so he knew what I was into and how much they cost. He's always been supportive when I bring someone new home because I am responsible with my spending. He has a vast dvd collection (which he swears he spent more on than I have on all my dolls combined o.o) and wants to build his own hot rod. He tags along to meets and because of that he got a Dollmore Vampire Shiloh for himself. He won't dress her though but it was really sweet that he went as far as buying himself a doll to be more involved in my hobby :D i really lucked out haha

15. Oh, I like that so many people have supportive, loving mates <3

When I first got into dolls, the Mrs. (not married, but 8/9 yrs together is close enough XD) thought they were a bit weird, but we'd both been into anime for some years, so had a little exposure. Then she liked them, but no, never wanted one. Then it was well, maybe SOMEDAY she might want a CHARACTER doll... I think it wasn't even a year since I brought home my first boy that she bought one too XD and now she's on her second, a girl! We both support each other in the hobby, although I think I'm more into it then she is. But we listen to each other enthuse over what dolls we've recently fallen in love with and help each other look for new things for our lovelies. Its so much fun being with someone who actually know what you're talking about!

16. My boyfriend thinks they're creepy, I know that. But he will happily engage me in conversations about my incoming dolls, which is which, what my plans are and when new ones are expected home. He helped me suede and restring my SD13 (even put the arms on himself!) and he helped with my magnet issue on my Ai's headcaps. He also helped restring the Ai..even though he had her doing the hustle bald for a bit... He also doesn't care one bit about the money, as long as I'm not sending myself broke over them.
      He's completley supportive, even though they're not his cup of tea. Definitely a keeper. :D

17. My boyfriend likes my dolls, though he isn't into this hobby himself. He even made me a present sending some money to my paypal account and letting me chose to buy what I wanted :)

18. My mate (the term I use for significant other, not just a buddy) is pretty supportive, he even purchased Aceras for me and has allowed the dollies to take up space in his (our) bedroom. I've even gotten him to consider getting a doll of his own, though he'd still much prefer to pay more attention to our other hobbies and the prices of dolls still kinda scare him. He's willing to learn how to care for them, what companies are out there and has even picked up basic terminology. Though he has an adversion to male dolls, so my getting one any time soon would be rather unlikely.

Last year he attended the dollpa at nyc with me, and paid for us to go. I guess it's his way of paying me back for being supportive of his airsoft hobby. He's so awesome. :D

19. I have a girlfriend at the moment, and while she doesn't seem really interested in them she likes me enough to support me and bought me a little dolly sized top hat for them as she saw it while she was out one day and though it would be in scale for my crew. :) It might be neat if she were into the hobby too, but we have enough other things in common that it's not a big deal.

20. My ex-boyfriend had mixed feelings about my dolls. He really really liked my Supia Roda when I still had her and thought she was very pretty and sweet. I sold her after we broke up and when I told him about it not long ago he was a bit sad to hear it. However he was VERY creeped out and leery of my MD Ryu. He always said he was more lifelike than my Roda in some way, something about his souless eyessss. We used to joke that Ryu was his rival for my attention and that if he (the bf) stepped out of line Ryu would steal his soul haha.