1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your partner and your BJD...

Feb 27, 2011

1. My boyfriend thinks it's weird and irresponsible, but he did buy my doll his first outfit in an effort to be more supportive of me, so I guess it comes out even. The first time he saw my RS Mu, he thought he was creepy. When I showed him that I could make the doll stand up on its own, he got completely weirded out and wouldn't come within three feet of it.

2. My boyfriend is a little odd about it all. He gets bored when I look at pictures posted by others, but will look at any I take, and he loves my recounting of the photoshoots to him, but once saw my room set up for a photoshoot and whined *_*
      He wants to buy me a doll and was bothered when I bought Rory for myself because he wanted to get her for me. But he doesn't want me telling his friend about bjd's because he's scared that we will disenclude him in the hobby.
      And last night he said he might buy his own one day. (I can personally see him with an Island Hattori) :D
      I guess I could say that he does like them, but he's kind of greedy about it (lol). It is a lot better than him absolutely hating it :)

3. Well... My boyfriend has kind of mixed thoughts about my dolls. He thinks Alexander is creepy (lifeless eyes) but he likes Oodi and thinks she is very cute. I can't really say what he thinks about Aaria because he has never said anything about her. But but... He had made it clear that he would definitely leave me if I ever wasted all my money to dolls. Otherwise he only thinks me being a little silly playing with dolls at the age of 20. :D

4. The Hubbs, finds the photography amusing and the fact I have something to keep me quiet. However he still finds the dolls themselves sitting on their shelf strange. "I just don't like the way they are looking at me" he frowns!! Lol! Plus he gives me that look when I'm doing their hair and dressing them!

5. my boyfriend is ok with me and my dolls.. only thing is when i spots a doll i like.. and he goes.. NOOO!!! do you know how expensive it is!!

Ends up he will always goes into this saying.. This will be your last dollie! but ended up still getting more ><

6. I'd say my husband is pretty supportive. He doesn't mind if I spend money on dolls as long as we have it to spend. He generally thinks it's cute when I fuss over them. They're not his thing but he understands my attachment to them and helps me with restringing, airbrushing, coating etc. I have no complaints!

7. My husband does not understand that I, again, want to buy another doll. Because I have doll's why must I buy more...??!! I can not explain it to him that one doll is not enough and two and three..... So I do not tell him that I thinking about a beautiful girl..and in my mind she already has arrived. He let me be, so we are quite happy. But I do not think that I can buy more, than that I want to buy.(Perhaps he doesn't notice it ?? when I buy them ?) No, I think he would! :(

8. My BF is pretty wonderful about my dolls, he likes to see me making clothes and wigs for them, and two of them were even Christmas presents from him. And he can be really funny sometimes, I had covered one doll's head in saran-wrap to make a wig recently and right away he demanded I cut a hole in it "so she won't suffocate". Also if I leave a floating head where he can see it he will pose my other dolls around it looking freaked out that there's a severed bald head in the room.

9. My boyfriend (almost 5 years) thinks my dolls are great ^^ he helped me buy two of my girls and loves to see my photoshoots and read what i write around them. All around he's pretty awesome. We each have our slightly "odd" hobbies and respect what the other likes.

10. My boyfriend doesn't mind my Tacori :-) We have a balance; he talks about guitars and music (which I don't understand much about) and I talk about dolls and sewing (which he doesn't know anything about). He never complains about the price because he buys guitars he never uses, just collects. It also helps that when he was younger, he would play G.I. Joes and Barbies with his little cousins all the time.
      He views BJDs as action figures more than expensive jumbo sized Barbie dolls :-D

11. My wife has more dolls than I do, so... ;)

12. He wants to get into collecting toys with articulation, so he thinks they're cool, but not his style [plus they're too expensive compared to pose-able figurines]. But I think he prefers my other hobby more.

13. ....ok....im a male first of all, and i have a boyfriend.....ok....this info is necessary just to keep you people on track and understanding where this is going.
      Ok so my boyfriend is iable to appear interested in it mainly because we both are into anime and comic books toys and video games like Kingdm Hearts and many of the BJDs have an acute resemblance to a character from somewhere. In our relationship im what straights call the "dominate" male.and anytime we fight he would bring up my boys and make me feel a tad inferior and ashamed of my need to protect and nurture my guys. So my enjoyment is a double edged sword. I love it, but im still a bit uncomftorable due to the girly nature of it.

14. My boyfriend doesn't yet know... But I doubt he'd care, haha! He's pretty much as eccentric as I am and I don't think he'd hate my hobby on first sight. Not that kind of boy. :3

15. My boyfriend is glad I have this hobby, his only concern is that is costs so much money.. He even woke me up this week to remind me of a limited sale starting in the middle of the night..
      I would like to see that if I but a new doll another one get's sold but that's not how I see it.. we are debating on this right now ;)

16. My boyfriend sat through a three and a half hour doll meet at a Paradise Bakery and even took pictures of his own volition. He knows my dolls names and their personalities well enough to make comments about them :) It's great. He's the best.

17. My boyfriend finds the dolls I picked to be adorable and already wants to make little outfits for them (yeh, I can't sew at all but he can, I'm jealous!). I was wondering what he would think since this is a rather expensive hobby to get into, but he's pretty supportive so I'm happy! :aheartbea

He's also patient enough to hear me ramble about them on and on and show him a billion pictures, hehe.

18. My mrs. wasnt into the dolls so much at first, then after going to our first real meetup at the Morikami, she just nabbed herself a doll, and we r now saving for a jurgis for her as well... so Yep, she is supportive of my obsession!

19. I don't actually have a husband but I have been talking to the same guy for a year now. He seems to like the idea of my dolls and is interested in maybe getting a robot doll at some point. I made a character before I met him and he actually shares many of the traits of on Resinsoul Long I named Kallen. Blind in the left eye, a Leo, wanted to be a pilot but a no-go. Fate?

20. My other half has almost as many dolls as I have and his newest just shipped yesterday so i guess it's a safe bet to say he loves them ...every aspect of them. His 1st girl has a LARGE rollie bag which is HER wearobe. The whole bloody bag is HER stuff. Shoes, slips, hose, skirts, slacks, tops, sweaters... jeez she had more clothes than I do. And you can't really shop at GoodWill or DAV for really nice doll outfits. But he's happy. Can't wait to see what he uses for carrying case for his 68cm DM Monahan. Oy!

- ShadowHawke -