1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your postman's opinion?

Jul 9, 2005

1. HAHAHA that is utterly MEAN.
      ... i guess at least they actually _attempt_ ringing the buzzer. They chucked my posting-awaiting-collection slip without a post office addy (there's like 5 around us) ...without ringing the bell while we were all at home the entire day.

I would run down five flights of stairs anyday. :chibi

2. wow you guys have nice postman~~~~
      i never get to see who delivers the mail :P

3. I swear we have a different post person every time. :oops: But the people in the post office itself know me, and always ask if I'm shipping out "more body parts," which gets some weird looks from other customers, but makes me (and the workers) laugh.

4. I used to have a great postman, but alas he is now long gone, don't know what happened to him. He never had to deliver my dolls, as Parcelforce have delievered any BIG packages to my house. He did however deliver accessories and wigs etc and one day started asking questions about me ordering a lot of items from Hong Kong and Japan. I tried to explain about my dolls and he didn't seem to know what I was trying to say. He also explained that their was another woman on his round that collected porcelain dolls and she always had things coming through the post, so I think he was assuming I collected something along the same lines. If there was no answer, say, sometimes on a weekend and I was lazing around in bed he would call more than once on his round if he had a package for me, because he was curious to know what I had ordered this time. I at one point brought Moya (Lishe) to see him and he seemed fascinated. I have never really had anyone show such a genuine interest in my dolls and on the arrival of my dolly goodies it was great to have a chat with someone about my dolls. :D

5. When Sorrow came, he came via parcelforce, and I saw the van stop across the road so I RAN downstairs and waited for him to come over with possibly the biggest parcel i've ever seen, and he looked really amused and said, "you saw me coming didn't you?"

6. My postman, Paul, really goes out of his way to try to get me my stuff. He doesn't seem to interested in particular in WHAT I'm getting... one time a little package from luts came and I said "Do you know what's in here?" "No..." and I go, "Hands." the look on his face was too much. LOL. I hastened to tell them it was doll hands.

I remembered him during the holidays, and it was a very small gesture, but his response led me to believe that his must be a pretty thankless job, and for me to SAY thank you, leaving notes with smileys in the box, and a little something during the holidays, really meant a lot to him. I love my postman!

7. I don't open my door unless I'm 100% sure it's a postman bringing me a *doll*. I'm paranoid and you can understand that as you wish.
      I order alot of stuff ( alot of yaoi doujinshis *snerk* ) abroad too but I rather drive down to the post-office to get it.

So I don't really know my mailmen.

However, one weird thing happened once with a yaoi DJ I had ordered. Er... I was on my way to leave for school when the mailman stopped me on the parking area and told me I had a package coming he needed to get signed.
      I live in an appartment bulding... and there's quite a few appartment buildings around that parking area.
      I go "Er... okay, but how do you know it's for me?"
      He goes "heh heh heh".

He laughed in an odd way x_x nothing else. I just signed the package and shot off to school to read my questionable treasure feeling quite perplexed.

Creep...

8. My postwoman probably hates me. I live in a townhouse development and each section has one big mailbox construction with multiple boxes. If there are no packages the postwoman probably doesn't even have to get out of her little delivery trucklet. When I get packages that she can't jam into the little mailbox, she has to walk them to my door.

She has bent so many things that clearly say "Do Not Bend" or "Fragile". She bent my Unoa Freak magazine, and she bent a Do Not Bend package that contained papers and CD's. Once she bent a newly sent credit card into an L shape.

At least she's not as bad as UPS. On two separate occasions fiddle bows have arrived snapped in half by UPS - mine were vintage pernambuco bows and it looked like they had slammed the long box in a door. In addition the box was wet inside the the inner bubble wrap AND the box had absolutely no labels or numbers to identify the shipper. Fortunately the sender had a receipt.

carolyn

9. Man. You all have nice post-people. Mine is totally no-nonsense, practically DROPS the box and is like, "Here. Sign. Thanks. Bye." :oops: But I like our UPS guy.

10. My postman is really sketchy.

11. I should probably mention also I have a ridiculously long driveway. So they drive up and dump it on our doorstep. :oops:

12. We have to walk or drive to our PO to get our mail because our mean post guy refuses to deliver to our box for no good reason. So they hold our mail like we're on vaca or something. This has been going on for 2 years.

We walked over in the rain this morning to pick it up. I wanted to because I knew the wigs I ordered through Hieru might be there, and sure enough they were. So after the postoffice woman scanned the envelope. I screamed "Wiggies!" :D and dunked them in the bag my mom carries to hold the mail on our walk to and from. She felt it neccessary to explain to the postoffice lady that they were doll wigs and I get doll stuff like eyes and wigs and parts in the mail from overseas that always needs to be scanned, etc...etc...

:oops: I think she was moderately embarassed (my mom not the postoffice worker). I accused her of needing to exlpain her 31year old daughter's excentricities. Like they don't already think we're wierd because we're the only people in town who've refused to give into our lame mail carrier and change our box. The one we have is fine, BTW. :cow

13. When I got my 2 wigs in the mail, I shouted "WIGGIES!" too. xD

14. The guy who actually delivers our mail like Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde. If we drive up to the complex mail box when he's there "delivering", he'll hand us our mail. And he's always nice if we go out to the truck to sign for something. Then other days we'll go to leave (after being home ALL day) and find a pick-up slip on our screen door. Usually when the front door is open. So he KNOWS we're home (cus the door is open), yet he doesn't ring the bell. Or I've gone to leave for work and found packages (dolls of course!) propped up against the front door - again, door open, just the screen closed. I don't get it. But it's happened enough that I've had to complain about it.

Now the guy at the actual office is TOO cool. He always teases me about what I'm sending and never bothers to ask if it's explosvie - it's ALWAYS doll stuff! He's also interested to see WHERE it's going - Japan, Greece, Australia! I must be one of the only folks in this small town sending to Japan for gosh sake! He always makes my visits so pleasant.

15. Nice & efficient enough to bring the box, though.

Gotta count for something.

Ann in CT

16. Hee hee..."Hands"...that is SO gonna make me giggle all day...

17. I would say I love my postman :grin:
      Everytime I have an EMS package, he normally deliver them real early, I usually miss him and he leaves a pink slip. But he does try everytime to come back the same day before he heads back to his post office for the end of the day. :daisy

18. My postman is always very amused with the amount of doll items coming to my house( for me, my mom, and my aunt), He might we are a crazy house, but hes always very nice :grin:

19. Some of you are very lucky. I, unfortunately, am part of that group who's postman hates them for unknown reasons..

Like when I got my Dreaming Shiwoo. I knew it was being delivered that day because of the tracking information. So all day I was bouncy, just waiting for him to be delivered. Something told me to go to the door, because in our back entertainment room ... you can't hear anyone knock... so anyway, I went to the door and opened it. And what do I find?! My postman filling out the pink slip of doom. He never even knocked. Heck, he didn't even have that small package with him. He was just all 'Oh...here. sign this and I'll bring your package once I finish this street.' T______T;

Several times I've ordered small things and I check the mail like a madwoman only to find a pink slip. The thing is, someone is always home. My mom works from home even. It's rare for no one to be home. *sigh*

To top that off, he delivers mail to the wrong houses. Once, I ordered a doujin and never received it. I argued with the sender for a while, and to make a long story short, and found out it was delivered and signed for. Just...at the house across the street. Went to said house and it was an old lady that lived there. She apparently opened it[let's imagine her surprise at a yaoi fma doujin], flipped through it and trashed it. That's like $8 gone because my postman is evil.

20. Heh, we have like 2-3 different people doing this route, and I don't know any of them well, but they've got to wonder what these bigass boxes are XD;; I have gotten the "pink slip while still at home" thing several times, though. :x sometimes I wonder if they don't even bother bringing the box with them, except I guess they must, to write down the tracking number. >_<

There are a few post offices I visit frequently, depending on where I am; the clerk at the one close to my office is always amused by my reports on fragile items:

Clerk: Anything fragile, liquid, perishable or potentially hazardous?
      Me: maybe fragile?
      Clerk: What is it today?
      Me: Doll eyes :oops:
      Clerk: Doll eyes!? :lol: