1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your postman's opinion?

Jul 9, 2005

1. My postal carrier is dyslexic or something ... he regularly leaves mail for other condos in my box ... I mean, how do you confuse P-4 with W-12 or whatever?

He also pulls the leave-a-pink-slip-without-knocking routine.

Not to mention, his idea of "Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation" is to throw the box over my fence onto my porch. Even when it's raining outside. (Thank goodness for sellers who pack doll clothes in ziploc bags!)

I really ought to report him to the local postmaster.

2. *sigh* no dolly yet... but I couldn't help but comment-- that is AWESOME! Me=Jealous We never really get any packages... so I don't think so xP

3. What a fun thread! I absolutely LOVE my Mailman Glenn! He's also a "collector" so he knows what it's like to be waiting for packages, he'll come by early to try & catch me before i'm out for the day & again later if he misses me. He always covers up packages he leaves for me & my cats absolutely adore him :-D. He thinks all my dolls are "cool". He's like the most important person for me to shop for, for Christmas, LOL, well, next to my hubby :grin:

4. I only have one story. I've been ordering alot of doll stuff while waiting for my boy's order to be confirmed. Call it nervous spending. Anyway I hear someone at the door but think it's my sister who maybe doesn't have her keys. So I shout "It's open Anne!" ..silence.. "Anne! It's open!" ..still nothing.. So I get up and go to the door and there is a UPS man with a funny expression on his face. First thing he says "I'm not Anne..and you might not want to announce your apartment is unlocked." Then he smiled and I signed for the package. No idea what was in it till I opened it. That's how much stuff I've been ordering. x_x;;

5. Everyone's stories are so interesting! :D

It's shocking to hear how many people just have postmen that fill out the slip and don't knock. The one time I had a postman not do that, I called and complained about him instantly -- it never happened again. I can see living in an apartment complex being a bit of a problem, but that really is their job. :oops:

I miss my postlady .. I know when I go in there on Monday she is going to go ">:I WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! I HAVENT SEEN YOU IN SOOOOO LONG!"

(but in reality, she just saw me last week! :lol: )

6. Well alot of apartment complexes have lock boxes where the postman is supposed to put the package. Then the put the key in your mailbox. At least every apartment complex I've ever lived in is like that. Most of my packages, I pull from that box unless they are UPS or padded envelope.

7. The man who brings packages that need to be signed is great. he love smy dolls and we've paused and talked about them

our UPS cariers always brng dog treats for our dogs. They love our puppies. BIG jumpy barking licky puppies.

our normal mail carrier is a nut bag....... she used to drive down our 60 feet long driveway wiat a few seconds and leave. she would never get out of teh car cause she's scared of my dogs * wtf. everyone else who delivers packages loves them*. now she has to hoonk. of course after i reported her for nto honking and driving away with our stuff. she drove up honked threw the package out the window of her car and drove off.

I was pissed.

lucky now it seems she is eaither A. leaving packages at my grandmas who is next door. or actually bothering to get her ass out of her car and leaving them by the door. or leaving them in the mailbox.

8. I don't have a doll but I do order a lot of things from Japan. My new mail lady is very nice and I have no qualms with her, she parks a PO van at the end of the street and has to walk anyway, so as long as I don't order anything huge and heavy I don't think I'll have any problems yet :oops:

I had a few delivery people show genuine interest in my Japan orders, especially when it has characters all over the box, and it makes me feel kinda cool :)

9. Souldoll used my screen name on my package so now my mailbox has "Kodachi Batchix" written on it. XD

My mailman is the biggest sweetheart. He brougth Deunan to me in an ice storm. AN ICE STORM. I know it's the whole "nor rain nor sleet nor shine" but, he was cheery about it and very nice and excited for me.

10. My mailman is a pain in the neck :x

He is always asking questions about international packages. And he will stay at my door for 10 minutes asking and asking questions. He also likes to complain that I make him work.

He keeps asking the prices of the dolls and how many do I have and how many do I order. It’s really uncomfortable. I don’t really answer any of the questions I just said that when it comes to dolls there is never enough. I never really complain because I am afraid he may “loose” a package or something.

Good think I am moving at the end of the month and that will fix the problem.

Pony_gery

11. I don't usually see my mailman as i'm usually working but my mother has commented that he's nice and whenever he comes to the door he'll either tell my mother

'this one is for your husband'
      or
      'this one is for your daughter'

as both me and my father are the only ones in the house who order packages online so it's either one of us X3

12. It is usually not the same person here! ^^'' the guy that deliver the letters is different from the one of the packages!
      The one that deliver letters is kinda nice... I was teaching him how to play RPG once.... but they changed the guy now >.<
      The one that deliver the packages is... normal. He makes no observations about nothing at all.

Kisses

Cacau

13. I have no idea? o_O I'm somehow never there when the guy delivers a package. Except once, and he said "See you soon!" after I signed. XD I'm thinking he knew he was going to hafta deliver a package again sometime soon. Nice man, that.

14. When I have to go to the post office to pick up something registered from a foreign country they usually ask me rather officially what it is. Guy must think I'm nuts. A single tiny gemstone one time, tiny handblown glass fishes another. But all of the registered doll stuff so far has been in easily checkable unsealed brown envelopes with a twisted string clasp. I chuckle to wonder how many people along the way opened up one of my envelopes and saw things like a purple doll wig, eye putty with no english on the jar, doll body pieces, etc. They never ask me what's in those envelopes either so my post office probably just looks too.

carolyn

15. My post lady is actually very nice, she always asks what the packages from Asia are, and wants to hear how college is going for me, etc... She does have a hard time coming into our yard and knocking sometimes, though. I'm getting a package today, and I just know she's going to try to write out a slip and sneak off...

*goes off to resume her post at the mailbox in the rain*

I'm getting wiggies today... XD

16. I work during the day, plus I live on the second floor, so I NEVER see my mail person, even if I'm at home for some reason. I don't think they bother to ring the doorbell for registered packages, because they'd have to go all the way around to the back of the house.

And when I go to the post office to pick something up, they never ask what's in it (I suspect they just read the customs tag -- I would! LOL!) But I did have a clerk ask me where Brunei was when I got some Acquire wigs.

17. My postlady is evil as hell. I once stood by the mailbox and watched her shove a box as big as the mailbox into it along with a "DO NOT FOLD" Envelop. She didn't want to get out of the car. And then she just kept shoving it until the box popped out on both ends and drove away. When I was standing there. I even said something to her and she played "Oh, I didn't hear you." dumb. The only doll I got via her I knew he was coming on that day so I waited on the porch and she got upset because she coudn't leave "Yoy weren't home." notice. So she glared at me and lugged out the box. And then she wouldn't let me see the package until i got 'my daddy' to sign for it. It was addressed to me and I couldn't sign my own package? grr. And she wouldn't even let me hold it. She used it as a table to sign, though she had other boxes and I asked her for it. Mehh.

18. My postwoman gets mad everytime she has to deliver a package - especially a large one. She acts completely put out. Half the time she won't even knock, just slaps a slip on the door and drives off really fast. She doesn't like my grandmother and apparently that extends to me. She yelled at me once or twice because I was making her route difficult. Apparently other people have had issues with her, but somehow she hasn't gotten fired. I'm terrified that she'll pull some weird shit on my again and Xander will get sent back while I'm at work. *crosses fingers* Please let her be nice this week!

19. What a great thread! I was just thinking when I recently got my Soulkid about how much I love our postmen. Actually - it's not so much the one who brings the mail to my house as it is the ones that work in our local post office. Whenever they get a large box, and they know (or think) it is one of my dolls - they hold it at the post office for me and call me on my cell so I can come pick it up instead of chancing the postman bringing it. Or if my Dad stops by the post office to drop something off - they know him too and will give my packages to him to bring home. I was thinking that I should make a sign that says "Thank you Postmen!" and have my dolls hold it and take a picture to give to them. They've never seen any of my dolls out of their box before.

My UPS guy is wonderful too. If no one is home - he takes the boxes and hides them on our back porch and puts a package notice on our back door so that we know they're there - but no one else does.

I know we're lucky to have such wonderful people to deal with. They get good Christmas presents from us!

:daisy Dena

20. I HAVE to reply to this post again. All the mentions - even mine - of postmen leaving the call slip and NOT knocking or buzzing? It happened to me AGAIN today! :evil: I was home all morning. Never left til I went to work. I open the door and there's a ^&%%$()* slip! :evil: The MOOron never knocked, never rang the bell. I'm SOSOSO mad! :evil: Can't remember if I'd mentioned it or not, but once he did it when the front door was wide open! He HAD to know I was home - the door was WIDE open, yet he left whatever it was at the door - no knock, no ring.

Anyway, this time I called and complained. :vein The postmaster seemed to not understand - like it was unbelievable and she she couldn't wrap her head around it. :? I had to explain a couple times before she got it. NOW- I have to wait for him to bring it agin or hit my PO...sometime. GRRRRR! :roar