1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your postman's opinion?

Jul 9, 2005

1. I know your pain so well... it happens to me all the time. They just won't knock or anything! I HATE that.

2. I had a substitute postman that never even LEFT a sleip but then filed on the tracking that a slip was left... I was HOT!

I wish postmen like that would do their damn jobs x.x;

3. The only times I got a proper delivery was when the carrier was a private delivery service. The post here sucks. When I had things coming through EMS, they never bothered climbing up and knocking on the door, the leave a slip - if I'm lucky to catch it in 24 hours I can call and arrange delivery time (and somehow it's always during the hours people would be at work - 8 to 4. wtf is up with that?) but if it comes on a Thursday and I happen to have left for the weekend...
      I had to go all the way across town to their depot to pick up my package, which was huge (yey printer~) and I didn't have a car... boo.

Normal mail is also screwed up. My roommate and one of our neighbours both have the same last name, and the labeling on our mailbox is clearer, so we always get her mail. Also one time we found all of the building's bills stuffed into OUR mailbox.
      Lazy much, Mr postman?
      (Haven't ever seen a postwoman around here...)

4. Actually, the newbie postal workers get apartment complexes :P (well, here at least... my husband's mum worked for the USPS for a couple months back in the day.)

The only kinda cool story I have about getting stuff in the mail was when Pele came: I knew she was coming cos of the EMS tracking number, but I had to go out for a couple hours in the afternoon, so I printed up a big ass sign that said 'Please please take the box to the management office cos they can sign for it' with a bunch of smiley faces and hand written thank yous on it. I called the apartment office later in the afternoon and asked them if a box had been delivered, and started shrieking when they said 'yes' *grin* They were amused and impressed as hell when I charged through the door drooling and told them what the huge box was for *grin*

5. That's really cool :) you should totally do a pic like that :) that would be awesome :) :)

6. My postman (postlady? Postperson?) is great fun to talk to, because she delivered lots of my Ebay packages when I was planning my eighteenth century themed wedding. She was almost as excited as I was when my husband's clothes arrived, & my various strings of pearls, & eventually confessed that she wanted a Lord of the Rings themed wedding! I gave her some links, & now we chat all the time :)

She is very interested in the dolls, & I hope one day that I get an elf-doll delivered by her, as it would make her day, but so far my only doll-delivery was by a different courier-guy & not her, as she does her rounds on foot, so only brings smaller packages. She hs brought me wigs & eyes & stuff, though, & was very curious... I'll have to show her my dolls soon!

My courier guy (there's a different guy every delivery, it seems) knew about ABJDs value, & was rather apologetic about the fees, but said he had seen this happen before with 'expensive dolls'. How sweet!

My Hound just shipped, so we'll see what response I get this time!

7. My mail lady everytime likes to see whatever it was she brought the last time, asks how the dolls are doing, complements and critiques my faceups, and loves talking about them. I'm so upset that we're moving that my next package I'll pick up at the post office and see if I can have them give her the link to my deviant or my DoA so she can still see them. Cool lady. Very cool lady.

8. My postman is the grumpiest, rudest guy ever!! So no... He's to busy be angry that he has to deliver things! lol

9. I really could care less what my postman thinks about it.. I seriously think all of the postpeople here are idiots.. Especially since one misdelivered one of my packages, a kid delf cherry boy, and it got thrown away! I so hate the postpeople here.. iv had the slip thing happen, people in my appartment lobby let the postmen in and they arent supposed to.. so they dont buzz my appartment.. and then they dont knock and just leave the slip.. x.x

I remember once getting irritated over a slip when I got a package. I didnt know they didnt deliever "registered" mail.. and they left the same slip they leave if they miss you.. so I didnt know that I was supposed to go and get it. >.< Then when I talked to the lady on the phone she was really rude and crabby.. and then I talked to her in person when I went and got my package. I suggested that they make a slip specifically for registered mail, and she said the one slip was fine.. x.x It doesnt say that you are supposed to go and get it! Arg.. I hate postpeople here..

10. My postman and I are friends 8D He knows that majority of the packages that has my mothers name on them are actually mine lmaooo... But the other three post people who drop mail off are jerks D:

11. I think my postman is just about the MOST awesome of anyone's. He's gotten so aquainted with the dolls and their worth, that he will go out of his way to make sure i get my packages that day, no matter wether i'm at my home, or one of my two jobs. His list of actions starts with first a phone call to find out wether i'm home, or at one of my two jobs. He asked if i had a number he could call whenever a package arrived, so he could find out if i was home or not...) If i tell him that i'm home, he just tells me, "One of your big cool dolls is here in my hands, and i'm on my way to bring it. And he delivers it to my house. But if i let him know that i'm not at home, he will either A) Give it to the post man who delivers to whichever job i'm at that day, or, B) he'll sign for it, and deliver it to me after he's off work :O. Twice already he's arrived at my bartending job, in street clothes, with a doll box under his arm LOL First with my Dollzone Lotus, and then with my Little Fee Shiwoo. He's most awesome. And probably the most generous, and coolest guy ever. LOL

12. hmmm, funny question, but since you asked..... i live in a high rise, so i don't actually ever see the postman, but all of my packages, and many of them there are indeed, have to be checked in by the desk concierges. they tease me mercilessly about how many things i order. and i think they thought i was smuggling in drugs because most of the packages are from China. one of them finally summoned up the courage to enquire about my odd parcels, and was quite fascinated with my hobby. asking all sorts of questions, i even had to open one of the boxes so he could see a head.

all in all, i am treated quite well, they always notify me promptly, and make sure i bring my little cart with me, so i can carry everything.

13. I don't think my mailman knows I have dolls, but he certainly knows I get a lot of packages. We call him Carl, though I have no idea what his real name is, and if he drives off without delivering something, I wind up running after his truck shaking my fist and yell out "WHERE'S MY PACKAGE MAILGUY? WHERE'S MY PACKAGE? HUH CARL? HUH?"

So I'm sure he's happy when he delivers something to me, and can not listen to me during the quiet periods.

14. My postman is pretty cool :) He delivers stuff to our house so much he knows my name and vice versa XD Too bad he can't spell it...Haha,he probably thinks i'm crazy though.When my first doll came,I threw open the door and probably scared the crap outta him since he hadn't even knocked and was about 5 feet from the door.He asked me what was in this large box and I told him it was a doll from Asia and he was like "that's pretty cool.you must really like dolls."
      Damn,that man is cool.We have conversations every once in a while while i'm signing since it takes me forever with that electronic thing. He doesn't really ask me too much about my dolls but he seems interested in them(probably 'cause his wife is Japanese and collects geisha dolls).I can't wait to see his reaction when my newest boy comes :D

15. Interesting reading about all the experiences with our postal carriers. Mine are used to the delivery of out of the country packages & snail mail because they know that most of my relatives are abroad, but it did get their curiosity when all sort of stuff started arriving from places they know I don't have relatives. They finally asked. :-) Maybe it was my meeting them at the door constantly or waiting outside for them and them taking notice of my excitement on "certain days" (thank goodness for being able to track our packages uh) ... but they are always super helpful. I usually tell them in advance that I'm expecting a package from "such & such place" and then they look out for it and will drop it off before they make their normal delivery. But one week in particular I think really got to our usual postal carrier, when not only did I have stuff coming from the Asia countries, but from Australia, England and the Dominican Republicand Canada. (I went on a huge buying binge for my dolls.) That's when he finally asked! But I have to admit, I've always wondered "what did he think I was getting in the mail?" ... Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm LOL

16. My postie irritates me, or at least his arrival time does. I remember when post used to arrive at 8am, now we're lucky if we see the post before 11am! It is very annoying if I have to go somewhere because I'm always hanging around for the post.

My Parcelforce guy is really nice though, he asks about the dolls and the heavy customs fees and he comiserates me if I had to pay a crapton of money to get my dolls through.

17. My father is a postal worker, and though he's not our postman, he happens to be good co-working buddies with the one who is. I don't think the guy knows about the dolls, but he's used to seeing my otherworldly and sometimes abnormally large packages by now lol. What's cool is whenever he tries delivering a package and I'm not home, he would just give it to my old man at the end of the work day letting him handle the personal delivery. Very convenient! :XD:

18. Its sad my postman never brought my actual dolls to my house, I had to go get them at the post office. but when all the clothes were coming we would joke about all my overseas packages, he was at my house like 4 times in a week when i got my first doll. XD

19. In Sweden larger packages are never delivered by the postal workers unless it's private carriers like DHL, EMS or something.
      I do have a pretty cool story about the Swedish Post in general though.

I was running a Luts group order and me and another girl had ordered a Kid delf each.
      I was waiting and waiting and the tracker said it had failed to deliver, I thought I would be in the midst of moving so I had put my parents address for delivery.
      The post office however call my mum because she recognised my name and told her I had a package. So my mum goes and get it.
      As I open it, I find the other girl's doll missing! I was pretty confused thinking that maybe Luts had rushed the order and forgot?
      I had however made the mistake of putting 10, instead of 19 on the house number, which was why it didn't get delivered in the first place. :doh
      I ask Luts and they say that there are 2 packages and gives me the second tracking number.
      I freak out, cause the other one was barely saved from being sent back to Corea.

I call the local post office where my parents lives. It wasn't there but the lady gives me another number to the sorting office in town. She goes off to look for it but can't find it and says it has been shipped to the airport. She tells me not to get my hopes up but she will call them and see if there's any chance that they haven't shipped it yet. I then get patched through to another woman saying "Hey, I got you package here! I dove in to the 'return cage' and found it.".
      I thanked her so much!:D And I shall always check my address very thoroughly next time before I order something. XD

So, a great service award goes to the Swedish post!

20. I don't think I'm at that point yet, since I haven't been a frequent orderer (just got my doll, now looking into more things for her, as well as other dolls and whatnot). However, the poor fellow at UPS when he delivered my package, just looked at it, looked at me, shook his head, and said " That'll be $120 C.O.D you know." and gave me these sour looks. Maybe I just got a jerk.:eek: