1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your postman's opinion?

Jul 9, 2005

1. For the most part, I haven't lived anywhere long enough to share what I collect with them.

The most friendly I've gotten over the dolls was when I lived on the campus of my University. They got quite familiar with my dolls. Mostly when USPS lost the WC Chris head I had. My school tore the PO a new one that made them pick up the package from where they had misplaced it at, and send it back to the school. My University has a Mama Bear complex.

2. My postlady is also my old Girl Scout leader, so...she always knew I was a freak. XD

(Actually, she recently made me teach a practical self defense seminar to her current troop, a bunch of 6-8th grade girls. I'd personally rather go back to teaching seven-year-olds, rather than go through that again. Urgh.)

3. I'd be honoured if I got my things at 11:00 lol. Usually I'm still waiting at 2:30 and still nothing. Even better when I have stuff delivered to my dad's because i'm still waiting at 5:30!! He only lives 10-15 mins from me ... and he's a postman himself!! Go figure...

Anywho, my regular posties are really nice, they always smile :) but have never asked what I order. They know that I'm a bid of an ebay additic though :lol:

4. I've never seen the postman/woman who drops off the packages, they always drive away so quickly!
      But I do have a reputation at the post office for sending doll things out. I've sent out so many heads, eyes and clothes that when I come in they ask "what is it you're sending out today?".

5. EMS packet do not come to me with my regular postal service, which is maybe a good thing ^w^ but the guy that deliver them is pretty nice ^^ ... he was always all happy to shout me : a packet from Japan !!!!! I don't even know how much he brought me those packets from Japan XD

One day I wasn't at home, so I knew I would just get a notice about my packet and that I will need to go to the regular postal service to get it but I saw the guy in a city next to mine, and he made me big sign to make me stop ( I was driving), I finally got my packet in midlle of the street lol

When I got my doll it wasn't him but a younger one I "know" too, I think I freak him out when he saw me with none reaction about my packet and staring at, I didn't known it was sent lol

6. My postman is very serious old lady. She is calm and doesn't speak with anybody.

7. It seems we have a different post person every day, I don't quite understand it. xDD I Tae-Jun was delivered UPS and I had him dropped off at my neighbor's house because I knew I would be at school when they tried to deliver him. But when Asriel's head came, I was upstairs and heard the post truck, so I looked out the window and saw him getting out of the truck, so I ran to the stairs and yelled to my mom to be ready to sign for him. xDD I remember when I got back from Hawaii though, we had our mail held and there were like 5 or 6 things in it for me (most of them being doll stuff) so I pretty much opened the door before the postman had even put it down and he looked kind of bewildered. xDD

8. Nope, I'm not acquainted with the postman, but on the other hand I'm quite wellknown among postoffice workers in all towns where I lived since I'm always coming in to get or send packages. Sometimes they even recognise and greet me when we meet outside the postoffice.

I find it both amusing and a bit embarrasing :XD:

9. ooooh yeah LOL though its a shared aquaintance with my house-mate who's a lapidarist so its a fight to the van when he rolls up and toots to see who the parcel is for... so he's got the heads up on rocks and gems and even helped me open the box when my Little fees arrived because he wanted to see what the uber-excitement was all about LOL

Now he asks how long a package is staying for and if I should schedule a pick-up now or later and why did the last one take so long etc.... and there was pone time where he was nervous about delivering a parcel because of a HUGE dent/bend in it.... he thought it was a doll (just quilting supplies) but it was uber sweet of him to be worried on my behalf... I guess he's used to seeing me squeal happy squeals and cry when something is broken... LOL *nutcase*

Oh and we only have 3 posties in total - one does consignments, international, registered and large parcel deliveries... one does the regular mail and one does the newspaper/catalogues.... so We're on first-name basis with them all :) Tin Can Bay population totals about 1400 LOL

10. My one mailman was used to me getting all kinds of stuff in the mail from various places, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Europe, places in the US. I think he was the same person who delivered my guy (although way earlier than he usually comes). At least they looked similar, but I didn't really notice, I was half asleep and too excited over seeing the Soom box on my doorstep. :3 But outside of signing for packages and mail, we've never really discussed anything. Although one time he was like "Oh, here's a package for you!" and I believe it was doll clothes. :3

I have a new mail deliverer, and it's a lady. She'd better be prepared for me to lunge and squee at her in a few weeks when my puki arrives!

11. My rents old postman (and office) a few years ago were awesome. Then again, our town only had about 322 people including children. My rents and our friends across the street had flamingo wars, putting plastic flamingos on each others lawn, sometimes decorated for the holiday, but it all had to be done sneakily. So he'd update the postmaster on what flamingos were out that time he went by. He would have been amused by the dolls, though not perhaps by the size of the package, but it's not like the office was far away.

Here, I'm in the city, my mail is inconsistent. So any serious shipments I have sent to my rents... where currently their mail will get mixed up on occasion and end up with "invalid address" because no one's bothered to update the maps in the past twenty years. *sighs* at least I can pick up stuff from their office there.

12. Glad to see so many of us have at least one branch of the government that has great employees. I for one have a whole PO of great people and also the main branch in big city near us has a few who are great as well. No one has really seen to many of the actual dolls but they know the boxes, and what is inside and are always handling them with great care.

13. Heh heh. This is a funny thread. :)

I have a reputation, I guess, at my local small-town post office-- because I'm in there every week mailing packages. They know it's doll stuff, I've mentioned that I have an at-home business making doll clothes to them, but they don't seem terribly interested.

They ARE super-nice, though, in one regard: our mail usually comes late in the day (after 5:30), so if I DO happen to have an EMS package arrive, they always call me so I can come and pick it up right away. I think our mail lady actually likes that because otherwise she has to drive up to the house and put up with my crazy dog (who loves all creatures and would never hurt anyone, but a 60 pound crazed jumping yipping Labradoodle can be a wee bit intimidating, I suppose...) not to mention my two children running around yelling 'Is it for me? Is is for me? What is it?' and me, of course, squeeing and grinning like a fool while trying to rein in abovementioned dog and offspring....

14. My 2007-2009 postlady for Xpresspost was awesome. I'd answer the door and she'd say 'You've got another doll' or 'another gift for the kids' XD. My 2009 one though doesn't ring the bell or knock so I haven't met them :vein.

My FedEx guy is great and so is the UPS guy (though I hate UPS and FedEx's freight charges). Around 'Canadian dollar is strong time' I always see them. We started becoming on a first-name basis. One week in 2008 I was getting a parcel a day for 2weeks :XD:. Purolator guy/girl never see.

Either way for all of the companies their post offices are great. My nearby Xpress one is run by an oriental family and they get all excited when they see the customs label so we chat :).

HATE the DHL guys. ALWAYS toss my packages in the front yard bush o_0. Including a $400 CPU!!!

15. lol, my regular postman (RoyalMail) is always nice about parcels and was asking us abut if no one is in where he should leave it etc. Really nice and helpful, so I don't think he thinks I'm that strange. ^^ Parcelforce (EMS Parcels) never come before 9am so I never get my parcel with them. Ever, I have to go collect it from the depot ages away. ><
      In town though at the post office, one of the ladies working there I've happened to post items with a few times. Everytime I see her its 'More Doll Clothing? xD' She vaguely knew what BJDS were too! :)'

16. Are you kidding? I think my post-person is a few fries short of a Happy Meal. I've lost count on how many times I've gotten the wrong mail/lost stuff. My next-door neighbor goes one street over once per week to return some other guy's mail. They have the same street number, but different street names.

I'll throw my dolls into a volcano before trusting them with the postman. :|

17. My postman doesn't even say hello.

18. Our post doesn't arrive until 4:30 p.m.

My post office is made up of a bunch of package-losing numbnuts. It's just a 9 - 5 job for them and they seem to hate their jobs. Can't say that I blame them. *Shrug*

My post office guy always seems kind of ' e.e ' when I come in shipping out packages or when he happens to be the guy delivering my huge boxes... but, I don't care. It's his job and he has to deal with it.

19. Our mail lady is kind of crabby sometimes, but for the most part she isn't horrible. I miss my old mail man but he no longer works in this area. I was so sad, he knew me personally since I was like 5 and he was always so careful with everything.

However I don't like the guys who come out to deliver packages though, the actual USPS guys are horrible. Even if you have to sign for things they toss it on the step and leave. No matter how many times the package says fragile. So they don't seem to really care about what they're delivering.

My first doll shipped yesterday, so now I'm going to camp outside my house and wait for him when he's on his way here. They're not throwing him. >.>;

20. Our mail people are usually really nice, whether they're in the post office or delivering something. It's a pleasant change actually, from some of the post experiences I've had in the past. It's a small town too, so they've gotten to know us over the years. C:

I know they're going to have something interesting to say when two big DZ boys get here, haha. :'D