1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your postman's opinion?

Jul 9, 2005

1. I have a regular clerk at the post office that I almost always get. I do faceup comissions and a lot of Group Orders so I'm always in there almost once a week. He makes jokes about what's in the boxes "is it a head?" "it's so light? did you forget to put something in it?" (referring to boxes with wigs). He's always a delight to chat with and mildly just facinated by me and my husband and our intrest in the hobby. I sometimes have my yosd on me and we've joked that she's my little helper and stuff like that. We also have fun conversations about video games and anime as well.

Apparently the regular postman is Korean and Mom says he sometimes gives her funny looks becuase there's all these packages always coming from Korea with this Korean writting all over them and yet we have a very NON Korean name. It's sometimes amusing to hear what look she got when a package arrives.

2. I always pick up packages at my local post office. ^^; It's usually the same one or two clerks working there, and they know me by now. However, if they have any idea about doll packages, they *never* comment on it. Personally, I think they haven't got a clue. To them, I'm just "the girl who receives packages from Asia a lot." :lol:
      -V

3. my normal postmen only does small packages, He used to stop and chat before we got the dog (who when barks sounds intimadating) most people that post things at my door are scared of her until they see how small she really is.

The DHL guy that we sometimes get is awesome though, He asks what we're getting and was very interested in my dolls. (also games, tattoos and music) ended up chatting for a while.

4. I'm sure my post lady thought I was insane. Every time she'd come up the drivew way I come bursting through the door, and carene down the stairs. Usually in my bare feet and pjs.
      I'd scribble my name and address down on the paper and give her grabby hands for my box. XD

I didn't like her at all though. She would never get out of the car and come up to the door with our boxes. She would just speed up our drive way beeping her horn. If you didn't get out to her in time she would put a 'Sorry we missed you slip in the mail box, even if it wasn't a package that needed signed for!!' Shw was very lazy, and I made may a trip to the post office because of it.

The new guys are better. One is afraid of the dog though. (even though she's penned up)
      I get so many things from other countries I think the new guys think I'm getting drugs or somthing in all those boxes!

5. xD My postman totally knows what's going on with my doll hobby. If the box is overly large, he will ask me, "Is it a dolly? D=! Show me tomorrow after you open it, okay?"

He's so adorable.

6. My postman probably thinks I'm a recluse. Everytime he turns up with a package, I'm at home with tangled hair, wearing ugly glasses and mismatching PJs (though it's really because I time my parcels to arrive on days when I don't have any lectures; then I sleep in and don't bother to change)...

But he's been a jolly man from the first, calling me "Hun" and petting my dog when it rushes out to greet him... doubt he knows (or cares) what's in the package. I strongly suspect that he's seen weirder parcels/addressees anyways.

7. I don't think this would happen with my postman. He's so used to bringing me packages all the time for various reasons that another box wouldn't be unusual.

8. When I got my boy the lady that brought him to my door was really nice. :) But when I squealed when I saw it indeed WAS my doll, she kind of looked at my Mom like; ?? o.O"" And thus my Mum had to explain that I had been waiting a long time for the box. lol So she probably went home and was like; "You'll never guess what kind of crazy person I saw today..." lmao

9. I use the same post office when I mail packages but I have to go to another post office closer to my house to pick them up. One is closer to work that one I have two nice post office guys call me Barbie girl and the other post office closet to my house I Just oh let me guess more doll stuff LOL...it said with humor not meaness LOL.

10. I wish I had an awesome postman like you guys have!

Mine pulls the leave-the-missed-you-slip all the time. I have to be pacing in the front room for him to come to the door, and then he is VERY rude. Needless to say, when I get a shipping notice I start doing homework in the fron room of my house...

11. the postman is rather quiet and is in to much of a hurry to chat with, but i understand that :) i have 3 post offices that are close to me, but i almost always use the one in the mall because they are super nice :) they know about my hobbies and will often ask what i'm sending out and have nicknamed me the doll kid :sweat they know i'm 21 but i look 16 so they make child labor law jokes when ever i talk about sewing doll clothes for people XD it's sad that the other post offices are rather rude or cold whenever i have to use them :'( i love it when a new postal worker comes to the mall office. they always have a priceless look on their face when i answer whats in the package XD

12. My postal people are awesome. Once, the address information got torn off a box and they managed to track it down and get it to me based solely off the tracking number I gave them. Another time the postman left a little slip (I hate registered mail, I really do) and I got home early so I nabbed it and figured I'd go see if maybe the postman had returned to the post office and I could pick it up that day rather than waiting for the next day. The carrier wasn't back yet, so I waited, and then the supervisor for the post office offered to bring it to me on his way home, since he lived up in my area. *boggle*

I am rather pleased, if baffled, at the service, since I moved from a smallish town to a much larger town and was expecting the service to be worse, not better!

13. Our old postman was great. He knew that I collected dolls, though he didn't know much about them, and would ask about them sometimes. He would also leave the package and the slip on our doorstep if no one was home to sign for it, and he'd pick up the slip the next day (we're not in a neighborhood, so we aren't usually too worried about mail being stolen). One time I'd been waiting on doll clothes for a couple weeks and he spotted our truck leaving as he was at another house, so he called us over and gave us the package on our way out ^.^

14. LOL, I wish my postman was like that.
      If I'm getting normal mail, the Royal Mail postman would come, but when I got my BJD the ParcelForce van came, so he doesn't really have a BJD aquaintance XD

15. My post lady is friendly and conscientious. I always bend over backwards to be nice to any of them, though, because first of all, I get a zillion packages (mostly commission work) and secondly they have to climb down our rather precipitous granite staircase just to get to the door (and then climb back up again)! To my chagrin I'm at the end of the route, but for them it may be a case of saving the worst for the last...! I don't envy them!

Raven

16. Ahaha I love this thread.

My post lady is awesome. Her name is Janet and her hair makes her look like she never left the 80s. But shes awesome. See im under 18 so when a package needs signing for and no one is home to sign it but me she just lets me sign =] And alot of the time she comes to the door give me a big smile and tells me ive got some packages. Teehee. She is the best.

17. I only have one postal story, since I've only had one doll... but I'm pretty sure everyone at the entire office thought I was strange for this.

We arrive at the post office right after classes, the slip clutched firmly in my hands... and then the lady at the counter says the mailman hasn't returned yet, but I could wait by the back door for him if I wanted.

So I did.

And I got so nervous that I couldn't wait in the car any longer... So I'm standing outside in the parking lot, in the rain, behind the post office, being very fidgety. I watch every truck that's coming in very carefully and every time I saw a big box I had to ask if it was mine. XD

Eventually one of the boxes WAS mine, but they had already put it in the back and had to go get it for me. ^_^() They were laughing and smiling. I wonder if I was just that amusing or if they went home later going 'you won't believe this little girl today, camping out in the rain and watching our every move like a stalker...'. XD

18. Heh, I always have my packages deliver to my grandparents house because our studentflat isn't very safe for packages and I'm hardly ever home. The mailman knows those big boxes are for me and tends to find it very funny that my nan is already waiting outside as soon as she sees his truck come down the street. He always jokes that if I ever stop buying stuff he'll be out of a job.

19. My town is VERY small, so the mailpeople know me very well.

Lady at the front desk: "Hey! Hey! Did we get any new packages for -insert my name here-? She needs her doll for Saturday"

And Tammy, my maillady friend: "OMG! So you did order the dress for your doll!"

Also: "LOL can I put stamps on his head?" I love taking my dolls to the postoffice.

XD All the postpeople around here think I'm halarious. XD I've ran into closed glass doors to get my packages too.....the only person who clomplains is the mailguy "Dangit Al! (yeah, I'm a girl called Al) please stop buying dolls in the winter!" *struggles up slippery icey steps* My postal buddies are so cool. XD

20. my post guys and gals are very cool. There used to seeing me come in to mail things out. And are very nice about it. always helping me out with shipping info, and offering boxes for me to use. :)

The delivery people however are a bit more lazy, and usually end up leaving a slip even if people are home. its annoying. >_<