1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your true reason for having a doll?

Aug 16, 2008

1. So, here's my bjd story...

I was on deviantart, and someone posted a pic of their bluefairy may in an outfit they had just made for her. I was like, "Wooooow, what is that?! It is SO CUTE!" I found the bf site and saw BF Sarang... And had to have her. I spent about a year waffling (I think I saved up for her 2.5 times) due to the cost, but in the end I couldn't stop thinking about her and my bf urged me to buy her (best. bf. evaaaar.).

I still have no clue what the reason was. I didn't think about her being a character or an art model or making clothes for her or taking pics or anything else... I just... wanted her. So... I got her. No reason! She is good company though, especially because she's floppy and cuddly :D Can't wait to get her more clothes, my sewing isn't turning out so great! :sweat

2. I got into dolls because they are so beautiful and I can dress them up in clothes I make for them. It is more fun than dressing myself up! I like bjds because you can change their wigs and eyes and make a whole different doll, too.

3. Hi2!!! Zhane question... kasama ba ako duon sa tatlo? nga pla! very inspiring! thanks for being a very good friend of mine...encouraging all the time (^_^) bshin mo ung nsa livejournal.com ko! anduon ka! special mentioned! visit mo toh! efv_presents.livejournal.com

>>>>God Bless!!! Soon I'll have Nate unto my loving arms...very soon...I can just see it.

4. Hmm my true reason? I just found them amazing beautiful and had to have one! Now I also see them as comfort, especially since I'm in a dorm room by myself with my loved ones four hours away; it's nice to have them with me ^^

5. I have raging OCD and access to tools and paint supplies of every type. Plus: I've collected toys since rocks were soft. BJD seemed the natural progression in the hobby evolution.

6. I just wanted to get one :sweat
      It looked like an awesome to get into; being creative with them etc.
      So I decided to get him >__<

7. I decided to get a BJD once I realized how useful they can be. Not only are they great to look at, they could also be used as a creative resource. You can use them as models for clothes, drawing, and photography. You can also use them as great companions.

I want to have a doll because I'd love to use him for all those things I named above. ^_^ It's like having a friend who could stay by your side and use as art.

I haven't received my first doll yet, but I already have seen from the rest of you members here how much one can use this doll.

8. I originally started getting dolls for photography. My dogs and cats only put up with me for so long :lol: But I think once I get some work space, I'm going to try sewing clothes for them. I keep meaning to try sewing stuff but I procrastinate too much >_<

9. My reason is simple: because they are just so beautiful. Anything that has to do with beauty and/or art (art you can customise as often and as much as you want! *o*), I simply must own. XD

10. Bjd collecting is a hobby my wife and i enjoy. :)The hobby has brought us closer together.:aheartbea

11. The first one I ever saw on the computer was a Musedoll.. Um, the tan boy one. For some reason his name slipped my mind. And After that, I just tried so hard to find different sites to look at them because I thought they were so amazingly pretty. I also thought it was pretty cool that they had joints, because all of my favorite babries as a kid were the ones that could pose and move their arms. The whole straight arm, straight leg thing was just annoying.
      But yea, they're so beautiful, and I had to have one!

12. My reason is probably so sterotypical lol

I always saw people with them at con's, and I had looked at Volks dolls for the longest time, and pre metrocon I was thinking on spending all my con money for a 27cm volks girl, but a friend talked me out of it lol, then I saw the 27cm Obitsu body at metrocon and had to gave it..

anyway! like I was saying, my true reason is because they're just too beautiful! that, and every single person I've met in the doll community is as sweet as can be too ^^

13. Hahahaha, this made me LOL for sure! This is me too, I have had dolls since dinosaurs roamed the earth, but I never dreamed they could be so cool! And I have access to all the art supplies in my house, and at the store. I will never forget the joy of finding BJDs, the perfect dolls. Paint them! Dress them! Change thier eyes! And the styles, wow. Who knew?
      Oh yeah, and the raging OCD too :)!

14. BECAUSE I WANT THEM :aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea

15. I saw them first at a convention, fleetingly, then on dA, and my jaw dropped.
      They were gorgeous and once I found out just how customizable they were...
      I HAD to have one!
      That convention was the start of two obsessions:
      BJD and Death Note XD

16. I guess with me it's sort of evolved from being I love dolls, but was sick of just taking pics of the latest outfit, no adventure no interesting things happening, just a baby in a cute outfit. Then 20 months ago I was invited to a new website and that is where I found BJD. Since then it has changed a bit. They not only filled the need to take pics of something other then a cute outfit, but also use my imagination again something that one tends to use less and less as they get older. Now at age 50 almost 51 I find they are the children who need me as my own are grown and also a sense of caring for something delicate like a baby. Weather a grand child will replace them, I doubt it as that is totally another love.

17. Ive been looking at people photos on DA for the longest time, however the price was always a big factor thats why it took me over 1 year before i purchased my first dolly. Also Im a quite person and tend to keep to myself alot , so i do enjoy having a dolly to keep me company.

18. I've always been a child at heart and have always loved toys and dolls. I was a very isolated and lonely child and my toys and dolls were sometimes my only company, I spent hours and hours making up stories about their adventures.

I don't think I've ever really grown out of that, and BJDs are just another avenue of my lifelong love of dolls and toys. I just dote on my two BJDs and I love creating adventure stories for them.

19. I was never much interested in dolls, but I did appreciate that they could be really beautiful and it would be fun to customize them as you please. I always secretly thought it would be especially fun to do Tsuzuki...
      And about a year after first thinking that, I'm finally going through with it! XD And now I'm a little hooked ;;; I thought I'd be done at my Camine Tsuzuki, but I've seen so many beautiful dolls ;;;

Flowersceptre: I LOVE YOU FOR HAVING A GRANDIA ICON :fangirl: Best game ever!!! I love Su :aheartbea

20. Actually for me each doll was gotten for a different reason....

my first one was because of the customizing aspect and I love sewing. She ended up being a great companion when I was away from home on my own for a year in a new city for university. So when I was having a tough time earlier this year and dealing with depression and loneliness issues I bought my second one to sort of cheer me up and help me feel like I had a new friend. My next one.....yeah I'm just getting that one because it looks like one of my characters and since he's one of my oldest and favorite characters...no delusions of anything there heh