1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your very favourite doll... belongs to someone else.

Jul 23, 2010

1. OOOHHHHH

This happens to me All the time

Most beloved SA Bermann lives with Pris84
      The most awesome DS Boys live with SDink - ALL of them

Most precious Pink Poodle walks with Cat^..^
      Most adorable Rosen Lied army resides with SDink
      Most realistic Lazule - haunts me from San Jose LOL

a whole group of sexy boys volks Crobidoll and CP EL Army (oh and Chiwoo Shiwoo too) hide with Izam

A mob of Sard who rule the Crypt with Cenrius

above are the reason why I kept on buying dolls LOL LOL

2. Anavel: ahahahhahahahahhahaha! :) .

the truth as spoken by 'mrs.williams' . no williams is as good as Ladislas; i would not even try buying one.

3. My own Ducky is my absolute favorite doll ever...but

Eleniel's Itsuki
      Love at first sight.

I love my dolls a lot, don't get me wrong.

But Itsuki is just...love. Which is why I love to take pics of him with my Kiko.
      This is as close as I get to owning him.

4. There are many, many dolls that I love. I do not have hard and set "favorites," even among my own collection - which dolls I spend my time and energy (and money) on changes as my own interests shift. I might spend a few weeks or months putting time almost exclusively into one or two dolls, then not touch them for half a year and spend my time on a different grouping. So while there are many dolls that belong to other owners that I do adore, I have never experienced anything even remotely like what you are describing.

5. I would never be able to love another doll over my own, even though they aren't all perfect as some other dolls here.
      There are indeed people here whos dolls are just amazing, perfect etx. But owning those dolls wouldn't really be my goal. The thing I like about mine is that they all represent a small part of me and that makes them unique. I wouldn't be able to own someone elses doll and love them as much as I love mine without some changes in the style, faceup etx.

I really love some dolls owned by friends, just because they are a dream to photograph and hold. But I've never wanted to have one of those for myself. Spending time with my dolls and working on them makes them really mine, so to take someone elses finished doll wouldn't end up right xD

6. I can think of three dolls belonging to friends that I have utterly adored... I even went as far as buying one of the same sculpts for myself, but sold it because it just wasn't the same. And once I fell in love with someone's doll at a doll show... such longing! And it was an impossibly limited doll. Even years later, I sort of keep an eye out in hopes that magically, one might appear.

But my very favourite doll belongs to me, so I'm lucky!

7. Absolutely! I love my friends' dolls very much, and there are lots of dolls which grace the galleries and are owned by other people on the board which I adore looking at... but when it comes down to it, my top favourite dolls are definitely my own. Even if mine are not as spectacular as some dolls out there, I adore them because they are mine. I went through the processes of obtaining them, unboxing them, modding them, dressing them, styling them and making them mine. As such they mean more to me than somebody else's doll, however gorgeous and perfect-looking to my eye, could ever be.

I'm such a gooey heap of sentimentality XDD

8. I've been very fond of some of my friends' dolls... but I don't think I'd ever like someone else's better than my own. My dolls being mine just trumps most other considerations.

9. I think there are many dolls whom I would love to have, but then, I think about how fickle I am about things like face-ups, and would hate to ruin an awesome face-up/blushing job because of my own ephemeral tastes----and most of the dolls I find intriguing that I don't own is due to customization. And I think it's really that ability for me to change it whenever I want however I want that makes me happy. I would feel bad about changing/dirtying a customization job that I find really awesome by someone else, and at the same time, I'd feel bad that they wouldn't get played with due to the former.
      I've invested a lot of time and care (and other things) into my dolls, just like other things I care about, and while I might find another's really intriguing, I don't think I could really want it for more than a moment.

10. This has never happened to me, my BJD are the ones that I love the most, and I think it would be hard to happen - I can not even imagine it - because by the way I see it when you choose or fall for a BJD, receive it and make it the way you see it, your own way (By makeup, clothes, eyes, personality,... It depends on what you manage) that BJD gets and shows something personal from/about you, it is, for instance, what you like, what you do not, what you wish or again not and so on. From my point of view, every BJD is different and special because of a main reason, that somehow he/she is your own creation and it is truly difficult another person's creation may surpass what that means nor the affection you put on them every day.

11. There's a few dolls that belong to other members of the community that I really admire but I don't like them more than my own dolls. Definitely not.
      I wouldn't have spent so much money on things I only love half-heartedly compared to something else. And I believe part of the fascination with these other dolls is just that they're, well .. not mine. I am sure if I'd actually get to buy them I wouldn't be half as interested, so I prefer to simply enjoy looking at what their current owners do with them :)

12. It's hard for me to choose favorites in general - of anything - but I will say there are dolls out there that I love probably the same as my own dolls. Though there might be a doll out there I love more than my own, I'd have to really think hard about it. Chances are if I were only able to own one BJD for the rest of my life, and I could choose aaaaaaaany particular doll out there, I'm willing to bet that the one I picked wouldn't be one of my own, it'd be someone else's.

13. There are so many sculpts that I love that I have no plans to own. There are very particular dolls that I admire because I feel the owner has really given them a special presence. I love them just as they are where they live and do not want them for myself. I can think of two dolls that if the owners put them up for sale I'd be sorely tempted to buy as is and keep them that way but they are sculpts I've considered owning anyway and it would be the greatest excuse to buy them.

My dolls are still my favorites, if I didn't feel strongly about that I think I would have bought different dolls.

14. I can't imagine that happening to me because my love for dolls comes along with the customization. I work hard to bring my dolls to life in a way that satisfies my tastes.

....But with that said I will point upward toward the avatar of idrisfynn. :aangel:

I admit I have had a bit of a crush on that doll for a while now. Before I even knew what an FSC was I was sort of internetZ stalking gallery threads for more photos of that doll :) There are others too that I just LOVE but I don't think I would want to acquire them. I just like seeing them out there and dreaming the dream.

15. There are many incredible dolls on this forum. Mr. Have being one that sticks out in my mind the most, but I don't love that doll more than my own. My very favorite doll is the one that gave me the desire to finally buy a bjd. I can't imagine any other face being more beautiful than his.

16. It has happened to me. Where I fall in love with LEs, they are sold out, and nobody seems to be selling them secondhand. It's such a bummer!

17. There are some dolls in this board I really adore (one DZ Cosmo as an example xD)
      But I would ask the owner if he/she could make my a similar character-design if I really fall in love with that doll. (of course for another mold)

18. I'm surprised so many people think it's 'unnatural', like loving someone else's child. I'd never compare my love for these dolls to that of humans.

This happens to me often, though. No matter how in love I am with my own dolls there will always be someone else's doll I wish I could own ^^; It could be a sculpt that I would otherwise really dislike but the customizations made on it are the most perfect I'd ever seen. If I tried to obtain the same sculpt and customize it similarly I'd feel rather bad, as if I was stealing the visual idea (which is something I'd highly dislike if it were to happen to me). I always hope that someday, if the dolls I coveted were ever to be sold, I could adopt them.

I don't go far as to ask them to sell their dolls to me (this, I think, is extremely rude) but I love it when their owners share beautiful pictures of them ^^

19. It would be weird for me to do that if I had my own. I could see it if I was waiting on my first, or I didn't have one, and a friend of mine had one that we'd both squee over. But once I'd get my first I think I'd lose interest in my friend's doll, and obsess over my own, because...it's my own doll

20. Omg, as someone else mentioned mr. have i too adore that doll. and clean slate. Also Mauzi!
      In some ways, yes but its always fleeting. I fell in love with a doll on here, a keid, and thought he was just the bees knees. So i bought the mold, and was so worried i wouldnt love mine as much as i adored the faceup of doll who inspired the purchase.
      But i loved him even more as my own creation,with a totally different look he was mine completely.
      I often get inspired to buy a doll based on what other people have done with that mold, and have had that fear i wouldnt like mine as much, but so far, once i have the doll, it hasnt been the case. ^_^
      And to be honest, i may not be happy if i bought a doll i loved that someone else had customized. i make almost all my dolls wigs, clothes, even eyes, so there is so much custom work put into them, i dont think it would feel right to own someone elses creation.