1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

your wishlist then vs. your collection now - how has it changed?

Aug 1, 2017

1. Yes. Ive bought unplanned dolls because of the sculpts :XD: i usually buy the dolls that i dont really like because of the price and the was like a few mos ago i was thinking about the number rather than getting what i would like but now ive sold some and im buying the ones on my real wishlist slowly :3nodding:

2. I have always been somewhat of a "revolving door" collector, I like to buy dolls to see them in person, get them face-upped, eyes and wigs, then I tend to lose interest, so my wishlist has always been in flux. Originally, in the first days of getting into the hobby I was into Elfdoll in a big way, then Limhwa, then Supia. I had a bit of a fantasy doll phase, then just an "any doll that takes my fancy" phase. These days, I love dolls that look like dolls, and super early Volks are really keeping me very happy. I don't have a wishlist, I just keep an eye out for the old discontinued FCS heads on the marketplace, and bring them home as and when I can. Some stay, some move on, I don't think that aspect of my collecting habits will ever change, but I feel a lot more settled in terms of style now. I only collect Volks, and only older sculpts, that stops my collection from getting out of hand. There are so many companies producing lovely dolls now, I know if I go looking I will find more that I like, so I just don't look!

3. I started out very strict--Bluefairy Tiny Fairy (MSD-sized) dolls, and those still form a large part of my collection. However, the company changed the bodies to double-jointed, and I dislike the new bodies a lot, but I treasure the ones I bought before. I have a few Luts Kid Delfs, which are charming, but again, the company messing with the bodies changed my mind!

Volks caught my attention, and I tend to collect mostly those dolls now. I have a few others from extinct companies (Angel Region, Dream of Doll) because they were older, inexpensive, and tugged at my heart (repair projects!), so I adopted them and play with fixing them up.

I ventured into Dollfie Dreams a few year back as my husband finds them amusing--they are his favorites of my collection. As far as he is concerned, I could sell off the lot, but keep the Dollfie Dreams (men!). This year I did finally get a couple of resin Volks SDs (older ones, SD10), and wow, they are so beautiful, but it will take some time to get used to the size.

4. I started out collecting SDs, but now my collection is more geared towards MSDs.

I also thought I'd never buy any minifee (I'd only seen Celine & Chloe and thought they were overrated), but now I have 6 (both current and incoming) - no Celine or Chloe, though (yet)

5. i reeeeeally wanted my first doll to be vilitunes lamoony chan, but a week before the pre order i saw secretdoll ming and she won my heart T____T so i ordered her instead

6. Well I've only been the hobby a few months but already there' been wishlist changes vs. the dolls I have. I started out wanting £400/£500 Luts and DollZone SD's but they're just not financially possible for me and I don't know if I want the sculpts anymore. Now my collection consists of three floating heads, two of which are elves and the other an MSD which I never thought was a size I would have. Now I like the idea of finding heads I like/want and building them up with a body and it's cheaper that way too which is better for me!
      Edit: I'm back to looking at Luts for bodies for a floating head :XD:

#46 littleraeven, Dec 10, 2017
      Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    7. My wishlist has been fairly stable, based on what's on it. I was able to get two of the sculpts who'd been on it for a long time, and I'm still largely happy with them; I'm still fairly solid with the ones who are still on the list, too. The biggest change is who's been added since; there's a company I didn't care for at all when I started that now has a solid representation in my collection, there's a lot more humans on the list, and a lot of companies that have sprung up since I originally wrote it.

8. I started my collection with original Delfs and a pair of Elfdoll Catsy. On my wish list at various points were Luts, Bambicrony, and Iplehouse dolls and Puki Pukishas as well as plethora of other random dolls from SleepingElf to Elfdoll and Volks FCS elves. The only ones that really stuck were the original Luts dolls.

My collection in recent years has deviated from its normal aesthetic with a dash of Doll Cheateau.... never thought I would own one... did not like them, but now I have two!

9. I love pretty much all style of dolls, so as the hobby has grown, my wishlist has just gotten longer. I really only buy older discontinued sculpts at the moment due to my budget. Interestingly, a lot of them are dolls that were just being released as I was getting into the hobby and didn't look too closely at then; I can now see them for the diamonds in the rough they are now. Doesn't mean I don't love current releases as well though! So I guess in a way I went backwards...not only do I still want all the dolls on my wishlist from 2005, I've just added about a mile's worth of other dolls to it too. :doh

10. When I first looked into this hobby when I was 13, I loved Luts dolls, specifically Junior Delf Terra. He was the doll I wanted so much, but I felt like I would never be able to afford him, and I had no character for him, I just liked his sculpt. Now that I'm older and have a better grasp on money, I realize I just want MSD and smaller, so he wouldn't fit at all. I've got two dolls on order, a Resinsoul and an Akagi Doll, and I'm beyond pumped for when they get here!

11. My wishlist is mostly the same, or at least very similar. I removed some dolls that are discontinued and that I am not going to actively look for - although I'd probably buy them second-hand if I had the chance, and I've added some new dolls, but the core of it is still the same as it was in 2011.
      A lot of other dolls have snuck in through the side door, though. Including a few from companies that weren't on my radar until I accidentally came across their dolls in the second-hand market. :)

I never planned to have Soom dolls, not even tinies. But I now have three, and although there are none on my wishlist I wouldn't be surprised if one or two jump out at me in the next year or two... LOL!!

#51 Fairy Milliner, Jan 16, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    12. I started out liking really realistic sculpts. I tend to browse Iplehouse and Supiadolls. I also was looking at owning Little Monica dolls when I started. Now I'm really into unusual sculpts, so it changed completely from liking realistic to overly stylized. In my opinion, Dollzone still has realism to their sculpts, but it's more unique. I also have two Doll Chateau sculpts on my wish list as well.

13. I've been collecting bjds since 2004... Things have changed, but also remained the same. They TYPE of dolls have changed a lot. At first there were only Volks SD-13 sized dolls and some Volks MSD sized-- and other companies made dolls in similar styles and sizes.

I happen to like a wide variety of dolls, so of course things changed as so many sizes and styles of dolls were more and more available.

But, my Wish List is usually exactly what I end up buying... so I have most of the dolls I wished for. And I still have my dolls from the very early days--I still like them all... I think my dolls would be different if I started buying at a different time-- but it's not because my wishes changed, more that dolls being sold have changed.

And WIsh Lists will always be different from a collection that includes dolls that haven't been made when the Wish List was created, I'd think... I mean, unless you JUST made the WIsh List. But over 5 or 10 or more years...

14. I went from wanting a lot of minifees and random dolls I found pretty to dolls that fit my characters that I also happen to like. I still like minifees, but I wouldn’t own one as none fit any of my characters. Now my doll taste is more stylized but somewhat realistic dolls. So semi realistic? Not sure but I know what I like.

15. It's only been a year, but my wishlist has started to skew heavily towards larger dolls. My early wishlists were full of tinies, like REALLY small ones, and now I kind of avoid them generally. My preference is larger MSDs now, usually around 50cm. I still have some wishlist tinies, but most of them are more pipe dreams than anything.

Who knows? Maybe by this time next year I'll be into SDs even though I find them unappealing now.

16. Since I haven't been in the hobby for long, I can't say that my taste changed... There are few dolls on my wishlist that I'm no longer interested in buying. BUT, I was able to get the 2 dolls that I wanted for so long and were the first on my list. I am very happy with my current collection, and I don't feel like getting a new doll in the meantime.

17. With the exception of Crobidoll's Dante I actually managed to buy all of my original wishlist dolls. These days I'm not looking to grow my collection, so I no longer have a wishlist (although of course something new could always catch my eye). What's been interesting for me is that while I enjoyed all of those wishlist dolls that I brought home, they didn't all necessarily end up as my favourites, so that's changed the way I approach my dolls a little bit.

18. My wishlist used to only consist of Fairyland dolls - since then I've discovered some beautiful artist dolls!
      I have lost count how many times my grail changed since being in the hobby. But I'd still love my first grail. Migidoll Jina. He will always have a place in my heart.

19. When I first started, my wishlist was just a large list of sculpts of various sizes that I thought I liked, mostly influenced by company pictures.
      It changed shortly after I received my first doll and realized what I felt towards her, her character, her size and her style in terms of facial features.
      So after that experience my wishlist got really small and it has changed a bit from time to time as I buy new dolls or decide that I have a new character I want to see in resin or another one doesn't feel the same.

20. I’m a sucker for a good fantasy fullset so back in the day I was very fond of the fairyland dolls. They seemed so out of reach at the time I tried to just pretend they didn’t exist haha... There was one crobidoll SD boy that I really was sure I wanted but for some reason I never wrote down the name? I’ve since looked around for him but I can’t find him?? It was years back so I wouldn’t be surprised if I just remember what he looked like wrong. Overall I managed to basically not make a wishlist. I wanted all dolls but I couldn’t afford any on my own. I was gifted both my dolls which I am deeply grateful for.

My collection now is beyond my wildest dreams! I have a Fairyline Altis fullset on the way and am circling a handsome ringdoll. My tastes haven’t changed drastically but now that I have my own income I can make a wishlist without feeling bad about it. I think the only major changes in my taste are that more mature male dolls are appealing to me now and I’m more open to anime styled dolls. Still love fantasy dolls and their fullsets <3