1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

your wishlist then vs. your collection now - how has it changed?

Aug 1, 2017

1. Oddly enough I still have most of the first dolls I bought eons ago & love them deeply. I wanted mature, somewhat realistic dolls which I fond in Souldoll, Luts & the slightly more stylized Customhouse. All my dolls were 1:3 size then while now I avoid the big dolls. My grails then were Narindoll Narin & Narae who I still have & Iplehouse Cocorri who I recently sold.

I no longer have a grail doll or even a wishlist. Beside the early 1:3 dolls I now have slim minis which still follow my basic aesthetic plus two Little Fees & a Peak's Wood tiny. I've been playing a lot with those these days as I can keep them out near my computer. Those tinies are a complete change of look for me & while I don't want any more, I'm certainly enjoying the ones I've got. My big dolls mainly rest in glass cabinets in a darkened room as do my slim minis.

2. I used to make these huge lists of dolls I wanted from specific companies. Some of those lists are lost, but I do have one I never came around to finish, along with pictures of each sculpt, have some 50 dolls that I at one point wanted to get home xD
      Today I'm more moderate, sure, the list is still kind of long, but it's not over 50 different sculpts and only SDs. I have a healthy mix of Yos, MSDs and SDs I want to get home these days, from different companies than I did back then.
      Tastes change (not overly so though), and artists grow with their craft and go in new directions with their work. Think I go more for semi-realism today, partly because it is so prevalent today than it was 10 years ago.
      I still have a grail, one that I've had since joining the hobby, a DOD Elf Ducan. I know I've got the regular Ducan, but there's just something that makes me want this version so badly, but have yet to acquire it. I will have it some day, I can wait a little longer now that I have waited this long.

3. I still haven't been able to obtain a couple dolls I've wanted for years, but I have bought most of the dolls on my wishlist. My tastes have also not changed much. I started out disliking the aesthetic that is best displayed by Doll Chateau, and I have continued disliking those kinds of dolls throughout my time in the hobby. I have compromised a bit (bought Dollfie Dream Miku and Luka after previously saying I wouldn't buy Dollfie Dreams because I think their joints are ugly) but only a bit, for dolls that are made to be characters I really like (their joints might be ugly but it's Miku and Luka).

I think other peoples' tastes are changing away from mine though. The Super Gem and Little Gem threads used to be so active, and now no one posts in them...

4. It's... interesting. After taking a huge detour (of several years) I've returned to the sculpts I "originally" had in my wishlist. To name a few:

Unoa Lusis (the first BJD I ever saw back in 2004!),
      Minifee Ante (was wishing for one before there even was one),
      5th motif Venitu (wanted one when he first came out, didn't get one for... forever),
      Volks yoSD Piccolo (the only yosd I've ever liked from back in 2011)
      Doll Chateau Hugh (saw him when Doll Chateau was first created and desperately wanted him, owned one for many years but sold him, then bought another less than a year later :P)

That being said, as I matured, so did my taste in dolls... and if I had my way, I'd only buy the most realistic of dolls if I were to start from scratch nowadays, so dollfie dreams aside this is where my "future" wishlist is headed to now...

5. I gotten two of my minor grail dolls(Iples), they dethrone the major grail doll, it allows me to release a lot of "want" dolls. Their sculpts had the unexpected bonus for being versatile enough to resemble a host of characters that I'm fond of from various games, mangas and etc I also gotten my ideal sculpt to be the doll of my favourite character as well.

At current point I'm not actively looking for dolls even though one young chap is replaceable as he's not very attached to his sculpt.

If anything my wish list has become an outfit request list for the existing crew so that they can counter whoever it is who wants to go on the doll wish list

6. My wishlist then was consumed of pretty much only fairyland.
      Now, it's mostly small artist dolls like Lillycat and Harucasting Maji. I've even got a few SD boys in there too, but Switch's Holy Soseo has always been a part of my wish list and since I've bought him (just waiting on him to be shipped to me :XD:) I've been eye-ing some more SD boys.
      It's pretty crazy how much has changed in the little span of time that I've been in this hobby!

7. I used to buy Minifee and Bunny head MSD dolls like Gokidolls Moonto. But now I've gotten a new Job and earn more and realized that it is so much more rewarding to get the dolls I actually want and have been admiring from a distance, like Harucasting dolls and Maskcat dolls. Also I have branched out into SD with Maskcat and I love it! Since I earn more I am able to afford more than second Hand minifee dolls :3 and buying 1-2 expensive dolls a year is more rewarding than buying a lot of cheaper ones just so I can save some Money.

8. I have switched completely. I was always super drawn to resin dolls and now my primary doll wants are Dollfie Dreams and other off-topic equivalents! I blame actually getting a Dollfie Dream (I mean, it's Miku!) and falling in love with the anime-styled face.

That being said, I am getting interested in resins again, but I seem to be wanting more of the MSD size so I can try making clothes from the old Victorian doll clothing patterns I have. I want a nice posing, lovely "dolly" doll. And I've always liked Volks and Delf sculpts the best because they look more like "dolly" dolls to me. That's how I landed right in the middle of seriously considering a mini in the Dear SD size. I'm not even sure what size that is considered because I've been out of the loop for so long. Chubby MSD? Big Baby? Chubby Baby?