1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

You're gifted $1000. What do you buy?

Feb 15, 2018

1. Ringdoll Great Mentor Hui and the accessories needed for him to become the character I envisioned him to be

2. in answer to the question "less and less as the £ plummets in value!" :...( But currently I am needing a reason to buy this, 18-Inch Dollhouse Doll Manor when I have no midi sized dolls, so at least that little problem could be sorted out, although it would then take me a very pleasurable couple of years to choose my midi's ... or maybe 'big baby' BJD :ablink: oh yes I doubt $1000 would last me long at all LOL

3. I would probably buy a doll or 2 and the rest on clothesssssss... clothes are almost more fun to plan out than a new doll.

4. No hesitation Doll Chateau Evangeline full set A, such a pretty doll but 920$ is just a bit expensive for me.

5. Popovy sisters doll maybe, that's the first extravagance that popped into my head! I'd treat it as a dolly windfall!
      Second thought would be to apply it as a downpayment on a Dollmore Trinity long layaway but on reflection, it requires too much extra money even so:chomp:...hm...if going for another big doll, I might get a Spiritdoll Dolce and wig, shoes and dress.
      This is a fun exercise in ’this or that’. I'm happily on a ’no buy’ for full dolls right now to better focus on the dolls we already own so my thoughts have not been on hunting for any new dolls. :aangel:
      Maybe I don't actually want a Trinity as much as I thought I did.

6. cloooooothes. 14 years in and I haven't finished even one doll. Biggest issue is that I'm going to have to make the outfits myself, and I don't have much time/energy. If I was given 1000 bucks, I'd commission someone to sew stuff for me.

7. I'd finally get face-ups for my large amount of blank minifee event heads that I've somehow accumulated...

8. I would buy an Iplehouse Lahela on the new SID body with small bust in light brown, and a bit of clothes and other accessories.

9. Lots of clothes and accessories!!! I'm currently fine with my collection, so no dolls, only stuff to spoil my babies.

10. I'll just get a Lillian SP full set from Doll Chateau. That sculpt is so delicate and lovely ahhh :whee:

11. Bodies for my incoming heads!

12. Pay off all the layaways first and then...oh wait that would pretty much eat that entire thousand...start another layaway with the scrap money I have left I guess.

13. Bodies for my heads... faceups for the ones who need them, wigs, eyes... maybe the other head I saw >.> pretty sure my budget is blown for that body now though, oops!

14. I think I could afford all the dolls on my wishlist from 10k and afford to get them all wigs eyes and something to wear.
      My head is spinning from that kind of dream wow!

Edit: I'm obviously overzealous reading 10k instead of 1k oops.

#254 caiterprince, Aug 10, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    15. I would buy a iplehouse Asa custom makeup

16. Finish the rest of my dolls; so faceups, wigs clothes, shoes and a body.

17. Such a difficult choice. I would either buy a new doll from LLT or a few of those on the list - let's say Serenadedoll Sophie and Little Monica Elena.

18. For $1000, I could actually finish all my sad half-baked dolls. Clothes that fit, shoes for errybody. A Supia body for Clementine, probably a secondhand one so I don't have to wait. A Minifee Ante head for my headless 1/4 girl. Better eyes for all my poor babies who've been scraping by with cheapo glass ones. I'd buy the Dollzone head I've been waiting 6 months for secondhand. Hire someone more skilled than me to dye Tasia so she doesn't turn out streaky and weird. Splurge on a really nice angora wig for her. Aannd that would pretty much take all of it. Haha. Why am I in this hobby when I'm so poor?

19. Either a venitu sculpt or a switch mocha skin waseon!

20. I'd go full speed ahead on commissioned wardrobes for each doll :p