1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

You're gifted $1000. What do you buy?

Feb 15, 2018

1. Such a fun prompt! The $1000 dollars would just about cover a Marmite Sue Venus preorder (855-900 depending on the package/payment plan). Her dolls are incredibly beautiful, and impeccably jointed, so the price is more than justified.

2. I would try to save up about 700 USD more so I can try to find a Fairyland Lucywen centaur secondhand ._____.

3. Save it for upcoming trip to Japan, buy Dollfie Dream full choice boy and a Smartdoll (specifically waiting to see if I need any of the upcoming DC/Star Wars/Marvel characters), spend the rest at Mandrake.

4. I would probably buy a second hand delf/feeple body or two for the floating heads I've accumulated, then save a little bit for later preorders in 2020....I know there will be something else I want soon!

I don't really have one major expensive grail that I want to save for, so that'd probably be it.

5. I'd pay off a student loan and write that huge amount off of my taxes first. :'D

Buuuut with the tax refund I think I would grab a fullset. Not sure what, though, since I would have to do some research--- but definitely a fullset with lovely clothes and wig already!

6. I would get two lillycats, and maybe if there’s any left maybe get Chibbi size dolls, or supplies for crafting dolls or for practicing face ups. :dance

7. Assuming the money is pocketmarked for dolls, MiracleDoll's full-size Snake Demon for sure - tan skin, with the wig and jewelry, and the company faceup and blushing. He's so beautiful...

(If the money isn't pocketmarked for dolls, I'd spend half of it getting the half-size Snake Demon, and the other half on other hobbies. It's hard to justify the extra 500$ for a doll which I like only a little more, but it's just that crazy jawline gets me every time... In total magical Christmas land, I'd buy both sizes >_>)

8. Ohh boy definitely get Wo long from Ringdoll HES A GODDAMN HOLY GRAIL THE HOLIEST OF ALL GRAILS-

9. I'm going to update and say...a new computer. I'm still running Windows 7, which hits End of Life on January 14, 2020. Microsoft sucks. My 'puter is great, it was quite expensive and does everything I need, but it can't handle 10...and they are killing it for no reason other than financial gain. Feh.

Right?? He's gorgeous and I want him, too - and he's on sale!! But...the new computer thing. :...(

10. XDD being torn between choices is the worsttttt

11. Even though $1000 might not enough, but I'm ready to add my own money into it to have a new FCS baby from Volks (which will cost me about $1350 in total).
      Anyway, $1000 really a big amount of money and it's so great if someone could gift me it! :p

12. Probably start trying to hunt down a switch Seowo head and if that fails, a full switch doll not in Mocha Brown and the rest of the money would go straight towards hoarding oscar doll eyes

13. Doll shopping spree! I have too many unfinished dolls to buy any more, but I'd also want to get bodies for my dolls without one! :kitty1

14. Oh jeez. A sewing machine, buying the really expensive Grail I have found as well as another couple of dolls I like which already puts me to 700 dollars... then, probably my dream dollhouse which is just shy of 300 when added with taxes

15. I would hand it straight over to Doll Chateau haha.

16. Use half of it for a rap1993 Danni and save the rest for whenever Dollpamm decides to rerelease the V02 loli bobble body with the little left over going towards shipping for both

17. I'd probably try to fit in as many dolls as I could, from my wishlist. Most of them (but definitely not all) range from $150-$300 so I might be able to get a few in there! Two at the very least. And then if I had any extra, I'd buy some props/eyes/wigs to help round out my collection.

18. I would definitely be getting The Lovers dollzone sculpt from bjdivas, it's so pretty :love plus the Cary and Gary dragons they have in stock

19. Well, this actually happened to me. My family has a family friend that doesn't have any children of his own, and he likes to do fun things like pay for a semester of someone's college just because he can. He's very nice guy. He gave me a check for my birthday one year, and I was horrified while holding the envelope. I'd never had so much money in my life. I put some in savings and spent the rest on a Sailor Moon proplica and a Fairyland feeple60. She's my first doll. I felt a bit guilty for spending that much money so frivolously when I haven't finished college yet, but since I'm chronically ill I felt like I deserved something I could enjoy now rather than saving for college when I might not be able to go back to school for a very long time. I certainly don't regret it, and I really wish I'd gotten one sooner.

20. Jackpot!
      I'd buy the dark tan Roze Heln by Dust of Dolls in the next preorder, or a PashaPasha doll, or a Spiritdoll Dolce.