1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

You're gifted $1000. What do you buy?

Feb 15, 2018

1. I will buy are doll for my sister :loveShe is interested in the hobby but has not the money to buy one.
      The rest is for a Lorelei from Asleep Eidolon. I wish to own a mermaid bjd one day.

2. Who says i'm buying anything- i''m more likely to be paralyzed by fear about spending over 100$ at once, and just let the money sit in my savings.

If i *had* to though... Maybe a resinsoul girl, with a sweet faceup? And lots of clothes and some furniture for her and my other girls ^.^

3. A Loong Soul fullset... Yun Zhong Jun or Xiang Jun maybe?

Or a couple outfits from dokkebijudan's store. OR a nice piece of antique furniture. Is it cheating to say three things--

4. a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶I̶’̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶i̶n̶y̶y̶y̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶
      But if I were to spend it all in one go, I’d probably get an SD boy (like an Unoa big brother or Amerai Neo... or maybe a DOD original faceup if I could find one) and then all of the early volks tinies the remaining money can buy off the marketplace...

5. Maskcat Doll Lisette and Luts SDF Raven Romance version!

6. if I HAD to spend it all in one go... I've got a list of blank heads/bodies that I would love to mod and mess around with but don't want to spend money on incase I mess up while practicing... so mod city here I come :XD::XD:

or a ringdoll jade fullset... but I'm already saving for that one :sweat

7. 1. A curio cabinet to display all my favorite dolls, both BJD and OT dolls.
      2. An SD sized doll. Just one. Maybe a Feeple65. :)
      3. Shoes to fit all my dolls, so I don't have to make them myself. (Shoemaking can be such a pain to do!)

8. A ton of dolls off my wishlist! ...and space to store them - probably the most important bit. :sweat

9. A whole bunch of resinsoul 1/4 dolls. Mei, Ju, and Lu definitely, also possibly Jun, Song, and An. Xun and Shi also look cool. I basically want to have a collection so I can experiment with different styles since I currently only have one doll that's in the process of being shipped.

10. I'd get a Bimong dandelion or faceups for all my dolls by TheugliestWife :D a European faceup artist on IG. Her faceups are so gorgeous. Or by tianba, they are a legend!

11. If I have to spend it on BJDs, I'd probably buy bodies for the floating heads that I don't have bodies ordered for. What ever I had left over would be for clothes, shoes, and wigs for my dolls.

If I didn't have to use it on BJDs, I would spend it all on visual kei cds or get me a new computer.

12. I’d probably get one of the Doll Chateau or Dream Valley fullsets I’ve been looking at. It probably wouldn’t hurt to get some spare wigs, eyes, and clothes too.

13. I've had my eye on Gem of Doll's Capricorn full set for AGES, so definitely that. With the money left I'd probably buy a body for the poor minifee shushu head I have floating around, and anything left over is going towards shoes because I have like one or two pairs, so most of my girls are barefoot (besides stockings/socks) right now.

14. Oh, I wish! And I wouldn't even buy a holy grail. I'd spend it all on BJD shoes. :lol: It. may sound ridiculous, but there are some shoes out there that are absolutely to die for and since their prices are usually around or over $100, I can easily see myself buying 8-10 pairs. Then I'd probably hate myself for not saving that money towards purchasing my grail doll, but I'd also look at those shoes like this: :love

#374 0100, Mar 6, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    15. Saving it would be a boring answer right? XD

If I received that sum to put towards doll stuff, I would probably buy Frances from Makcatdoll, some quality wigs, shoes and eyes. (and/or an off-topic Udell Vindoll from Granado).

But, since I somehow doubt that such a sum would fall neatly in my lap, I would probably buy the aforementionned stuff bit by bit.

16. I would overpay someone for a Vito Elan

17. Definitely shell out and overpay someone for a Roderich LLT or Volks Oscar (Rose of Versailles) odalisque dress.

18. A bimong body for my floating minifee heads and a merry doll round Pygmy, probably dango. :)

19. I would buy bodies for my floating Lazule and Claude heads!

20. One single Popovy doll on the Venus body, lol.