1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

You're not allowed that doll...

Nov 9, 2010

1. It's not that " I'll do what I want no matter what " but If one live alone, or with a relative (and don't share a room) there's no way one could ever be forbidden of what you can or can't buy if you're the one working as hell for whatever thing you're getting (and your finantial status allows it, of course).

I'm not saying not to take into account other people feelings, for example if a roommate felt very uncomfortable with a doll I really want, the less I could do is not have her where she/he could come face to face or just play with her when she/he is not around or play in another room. xD

This things, as already mentioned by other users, can be worked out. I understand there has to be some sort of negotiation when living in a shared environment with a significant other, specially if the income is shared as well and even though we have no way to know the context of the conversation, "you're not allowed..." feels a little strong, even as a joke, but that's just me and people don't have to say it the way we imagine it was. =)

2. The new flower looking doll from Dollzone's Christmas event... I want want want want want. Its so cute I just want it. Well, I showed my girlfriend... She was less then enthused and told me I couldn't have it around her. Now at the moment that wouldn't be an issue, we live miles apart. But in the future that would be a problem. We had a long, long talk about it and she finally settled with refusing to touch it and said she'd give it a chance. She had a bunch of convincing reasons why she didn't like it that had nothing to do with it being creepy or not. But its a long explanation.

She never told me no I couldn't get it, she wouldn't do that, but her telling me to keep it away from her was just as bad as being told I couldn't get it cause I won't outcast one of my dolls like that. So her saying I would have to leave it home at cons or keep it in another room away from her was, to me, like saying you can't get it.

3. This makes me glad that I'm single and my parents generally don't care about what I buy, as long as it's not illegal and self-destructing, sure they give me the occasional money speech, but I manage my funds very well and I always keep money for indulgence and emergencies separate, that way I'll never have to run into problems such as bills and the like.

And since my room is my own private space, no one should have to control what I keep in there, because it's not like they are gonna see it.

A good way to compromise with a partner is to have a private little room all to yourself, and your partner will never have to go inside it. That way you can still keep all the things your partner finds disturbing and they never have to lay their eyes on it.

4. AAHAHAH! He sounds brilliant! Bad times if your saving for a different doll but still amusing!

But anyway, back on topic, I dont have anyone who prevents me NOT buying a particular doll (cept the money fairy.) which I guess I'm lucky but it DOES leave me with a kinda "OMG I WANT EVERY DOLL EVER" kinda outlook to the hobby at times! XD

5. As I don't live with my boyfriend and have generally always had my own room whether at home with my parents when I've moved out, it's never been much of a concer of anyone else's what dolls I buy with my own personally. The most disapproval I have ever recieved would be from my older sister or at times my cousins when they know I'm saving for a new doll, though it's less about the specific doll and moreso they feel I should be saing my funds. Even so, they don't control my account and or make a big deal out of it.

I think if I was sharing a living space with say my boyfriend and I know he's a bit iffy about my dolls I'd likely compromise and keep them out of site in a drawer or the closet. He has his pricey hobby as well and the only time I've ever told him I don't think he should buy a new expensive game is because of the cost and my concern over how well he was budgeting (turns out he was perfectly fine and I was fretting over nothing) and I imagine i would be the same type of situation if he were to tell me to hold off on a new doll. In the end he and the rest of my family knows these dolls make me happy and as my dolls all look the same to them anyway I don't think they make much distinction from one to the other.

6. My own boyfriend has a fear of spiders. A massive, massive crawling heebie fear. When we have house spiders (And I live in a big, rambling old house, so that's most of the time) he curls up into a tiny, ironically spiderlike, ball on the sofa and reuses to move until I take them down to the basement. Their autumn mating-dances, which amuse me no end, send him into palpitations. It's genuinely horrible to watch.

Before I knew this, I asked him if he'd mind if I got a tarantula. We'd just moved in together, and I was feeling financially sound and really proud that I'd just bought this gorgeous pile in Last Of The Summer Wine country. The only reason I thought to ask, instead of just bringing it home, was because looking after it, especially if I ever bred from it, would take both of us. He said, in no uncertain terms, that I could either have him, or have the spider. After a few months of on-and-off discussion of the matter, he assented to me bringing home a tank of giant cockroaches from work, on a trial basis. For the first week, he studiously ignored them. The second, he gave them the odd glance now and then. At the end of the third week, I came home to find him sitting with the tank on the kitchen table, the lid off, sketchbook in hand and apparently talking to the alpha male.

"They looked cold sitting on that bookshelf" he explained, "I thought I'd bring them into the nice warm kitchen and... You know, they're really pretty! And they tickle when they walk on you!"

The moral of the story? You boy is scared of the Lusis. Would he be as-scared of a Bobobie tiny? Bring one home, let him have a faff with it. He might slowly come around to the idea.

And in my case? I decided that I preferred the roaches anyway, and for several years we shared a flourishing colony.

EDIT - I just had a closer look at all the Lusion variants, and I have a sudden urge to get a Black Dahlia, dress it up in a school uniform and sit it in amongst one of my classes.

7. If my bf had a legitimate fear of one of my future doll purchases, I'd probably find something else out of courtesy for him. Especially since, he likes to play with my dolls and that in turn makes me happy. If he tried to forbid me... Well, he knows better than to ever do that.

8. in my country i think it would be very troublesome to get in a life size doll such as those love doll saw in japan

9. I've never been told that I can't get a particular doll, though I think that if I wanted a Lusion, SOMEONE would be against it. I can see how some people might find it a little creepy.

However, I don't think anyone should try to prevent someone from spending their money on a particular doll just because THEY don't like it. That's not right.

10. It's sounds more like he's scared of the doll. LOL Like, chucky...ya know? I would be too if I were him. Some of those company pics weird me out as well. Maybe if you found some real nice, non-traumatizing owner photos, he'd not be so scared?

LOL

As for me...No one really tells me what I can or can't do. :I

11. my bf wont stop me from buying a doll.. of a specific kind.. he would go.. ok! so you wanna get a doll.. lets see if we can afford it first.. but if he really fear the doll that much.. i would still buy.. but keep it away from him?

12. I once had my cards taken away from me by my sister and my ex because I wanted a Soom MD. They felt it was way to expensive for its own good and I shouldn't be wasting my money. After a lot of exchange of words, they saw it my way and saw up much the dolls go up after you miss the date to buy via Soom. Though I find it funny that if I hadn't save up as much as I did I wouldn't have had enough to take care of the mess that came up at the time which just goes to show, my hobby is a great way to save up for things, especially when life throws a curve ball at you.
      Though I will one day get my MD, I just need to save again with more money to the pot this time and not get distracted by all the pretties.

13. multi post :? sorry

14. multi post :? sorry

15. multi post :? sorry

16. multi post :? sorry

17. multi post :? sorry

18. multi post :? sorry

19. I think that the idea of an adult man being afraid of dolls of any kind is creepy. I'm afraid that I'm the sort of person who would probably buy the doll out of spite, just to prove a point.

20. my story could be little off-topic, but my dad forbids me having any dolls.
      I'm 21, and i've been in this hobby since i was 12.
      my dad helped me buying my first doll when i was 13, i saved half of the money and he gave me other half.
      I kept my first doll until i was 20 (i even immigrated with her, holding her in my arms ^^;)
      and there was family emergency so i had to sell her.
      After that my dad strictly forbids me having BJDs. I live in dorm so i am out of his sight, but still, he sometimes tells me on the phone, 'you're not playing with dolls anymore, right?'
      I have few BJDs now, i don't know how should i hide them when i go back to my home.. -.-
      I don't understand why he hates me playing with BJDs. He think that they distracts me from schoolworks.
      I've told him that they won't do anything harmful to me, they are just my little hobby when i need to refreshed, but he won't change his mind.
      so i'm a bit sad when i think about my dolls and my dad.