1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ZuZu Delf Discussion Part 5

Nov 30, 2015

1. Wait so you're also having issues with your Rumi?? :ablink:
      I agree that the postal system sucks.

2. lol, sorry, I guess I lost you somewhere - Rumi is the one that tracking says landed in Chicago and then went back to Korea. But I've had enough experience with stupid tracking to stay calm unless there is confirmation that no one knows where the package is. I'm holding onto the hope that she shows up tomorrow as scheduled...because really, in seven years of BJD collecting, I've received every doll except for one shipment from Luts...so what are the odds that both of my Luts shipments would get lost?

3. Eek! You're making me worry! This is the first time I've ordered from them. And their address form confused me a little but I hope they just use the one from my paypal. I mean, I'm sure I filled it out correctly. That is really odd though that it's just your Luts orders..

4. No, please don't worry! Things go right so much more often than they go wrong that it's silly to even consider the possibilities. I have received over a dozen dolls without issues. The bad luck I've been having with Luts is completely coincidental, and limited only to me. I've never read anything from anyone else about problems with shipping, so I am sure you will have no problems at all! It's just one of those weird quirks, and I fully expect it to be resolved in the end.

5. Oh, well I really hope you get your little cutie soon. She's too cute to not have a home. And I'm sure she's ready to be home!
      When exactly did they ship her?
      I'm still waiting on my order but I did order two dolls so mine may take longer.

6. Sure enough, she showed up out of the blue, even when the tracking said she was in Korea. And...she is the cutest thing ever!! I ordered her on December 8, and they shipped her on February 24. Well worth the wait. :)
      [​IMG]

The obi decorations were a little hard to figure out, and easier done with two people...especially the length of pink silk that gets crossed under the obi and then sticks out above it. Same goes for the white and gold rope that hooks in the back with a chain. HUGE word of warning: the chain is impossibly fragile. If you tug even a little too much, it will come right off of the hook, or off of the end that's attached to the cord. I know this because mine came off of one and then the other, lol. :sweat Fortunately my daughter likes to work with chains for jewelry making, so she had a length of it that wasn't so delicate, and replaced the whole thing to be sturdier.

Anyway, the faceup is so much cuter and more vibrant in person than it is in the promo pics or my crappyass ones that I can't decide between the pale wig she came with and the one that I bought to keep her from being so monochromatic. In fact, I love this little dragon so much that I will probably get another during an event if I like the limited outfit she comes with. And finally, speaking of events...floating heads are not really my thing, so I completely forgot to order one with her. Luts very kindly threw one in for me, and I have NO idea what the sculpt is! Was it a choose your own head, or was there one in particular that they were offering? And what the heck is the size? It seems too big for the Zuzu wig, so I'm wondering if it's a KDF.

#46 celga, Feb 27, 2016
      Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    7. Oh she's so cute! Congrats! There were two event heads, a KDF one and a SDF one. I expect it's the KDF one. This one: Welcome to LUTS - Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD) company

8. She is so stinking adorable!!! I can not wait to get mine. Maybe next month. And thank you so much for the heads up. As for the event, I remember them emailing me about it and asked me to choose a head. Blank heads aren't my thing either so I asked if I could get a wig.

9. Yep, if you ordered yours in early January, she'll probably come in mid to late March. And she IS just that stinking adorable! Much more than the photos, because even Luts's nice ones don't really do her justice. You will love her to pieces. ^_^ I think it's awesome that they let you replace the event head with a wig - I've never even thought to ask for something like that! I use the ones I have to practice my no talent faceups, lol.

10. She truly is more adorable in your pictures than the official one. I wasn't that impressed with rumi before but now I'm sad I missed out!

11. Yeah, I think they had multiple options for however much you spent. I spent a lot since I ordered two dolls. But I asked for a wig and they said yes. I was able to pick whatever one I wanted.

12. I might have snagged an in-stock Queen-Bichon from FF&D!! I have to put her on a short layaway, but yay!! Another grail obtained! I've named her Dream. :)

13. What are this pet Zuzu posted in the ZDF section Welcome to LUTS - Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD) company

That grey skin is also very nice<3 Wouldn't it be cool if Luts would introduce gray skin for all off their dolls! I know one doll I'd like to get in that resin color :)

14. Congrats! I can't wait to get my three, but my layaway will be forever to pay off. Lol.

Luts is releasing a new line of actual pets, which are kitties. I wish they were smaller, but they're still cute. I think I'm going to snag one. They're all in white skin, not in gray, they're just blushed in gray.

I do wish they'd release more fantasy colors other than whites and tans. :T

15. I would not mind if they came in 2 sizes. I'd like to get the gray one to join my ZDF Persi and KZDF Curly but I wish they were smaller too.

I have not been here for so long but I still have my little Camille (ZDF Persi). She's a Bohemian kitten now :kitty2

I rarely take pictures and am not as active as I once were because of my chronic fatigue syndrome diagnosis. But I have plans to get a ZDF Chu. I'm waiting to hear from Luts if they will consider releasing gray skin for all their dolls. I'll be fine with a ws Chu I guess but I much rather have a gray skin one!

16. I know I haven't been in the thread in aaages, long time no type, haha.

Anyway, I'm definitely getting one of those little kitties, hopefully the orange one. I live about 20 minutes away from FF&D, so putting it on layaway through her is the easiest thing ever. I'm so excited.

17. You are so lucky to live so close by FF&D. Visiting a bjd store must be quite the experience :)

18. @celga Did you see the new limited Rumi they had up a while ago??? She was pretty cute.