Dealers & Distributors
Doll dealers/distributors are third party companies that sell one or several companys’ dolls and accessories to collectors. They can make it easier for doll companies to reach an international audience and sell their goods to a wider demographic across the world.
Pros & Cons
- Depending on the location of the dealer from you, shipping can be less expensive than ordering straight from the company.
- If something goes wrong with your order, the dealer can act as a middleman between you and the doll company, meaning less stress for you as the customer.
- Some dealers keep dolls in stock to sell instead of preordering them, so you can potentially receive your doll within a week instead of months.
- Some doll companies don’t sell internationally themselves, so dealers can be the only way to buy a brand new doll from them.
- Unless a doll/item you want is marked as in stock, it can take longer to receive your order from a company since orders through dealers are usually sent to the original company in batches (generally on a weekly basis), and the doll company will usually wait until the entire order is complete before sending it to the dealer to be shipped out.
- If a dealer only sells what is in stock and doesn’t take preorders, you’ll have to wait around until they have the doll you want in the specific color you want it in with any other extras you’re interested in. You may even have to pay for a faceup/blushing even if you’d prefer a blank doll.