It is important to note that there is a distinct difference between banned and off-topic dolls.
The following companies and/or individual dolls and parts are banned from Den of Angels:
Banned doll companies
- Angel Lane (Taobao seller)
- Babydoll (company)
- BJDbaby (company)
- Blessed BJD (company and eBay seller Vousbie)
- Branch Heart Dolls (artist dolls)
- brandshopping2008 (eBay seller)
- bettytantai (eBay seller)
- cgtmart (eBay seller)
- Charles Creature Cabinet Belle and dolls made from 2011 onwards
- Culur any dolls made from September 2013 onwards
- Dolldrea.ms (dealer Facebook/website. New dba for Dolls.moe)
- Dolls.moe, ahharu (company, Euro. convention vendor, eBay seller)
- Forever Doll (company)
- GreyDays (artist dolls)
- Ken no Kokoro (doll heads) Rosita, Miguelito, Patatita, and any dolls or doll parts made from May 2012 onwards
- LadySaiyuki Kodomo: Serenity and all dolls or doll parts from December 2009 onwards
- Laura's DreamDoll / Sunrise Art LLC (company)
- Lolidoll, also known as Angel Family (company, Taobao seller)
- Luoligui (Taobao seller)
- PPinkydolls by Greek artist Chishanhti (brought out first head sculpt on modified, recast version of the Kinoko Juice Kiki body. Questions have also been raised about the head sculpt)
- Sensei's Dolls (Rakeru Sensei) (doll head) Enni, and any dolls or doll parts made from November 2013 onwards
- SignDolls / Sixfried
- Summerdream Dolls company currently (6/2014) in pre-production stgae
- Super-Dollfie (Taobao seller) - is not authorized to use Volks' 'Super Dollfie' trademark and is not affiliated with Volks
- wawa188 (Taobao seller)
- XANA Studio (Etsy seller kizu)
- YourDoll Domestic Quality (Taobao seller)
Specific banned dolls
- Angell Studio 2015 version Princess Cinderella/Cendrillon dolls (accused of being a copy of another company's sculpt); the previous 2008-onward Cinderella sculpt is allowed.
- Blessed BJD Painted Ladies Arctica, Thais, Euclidia, Emmelia, Melitea (dolls)
- Dollzone Lynn (doll)
- PhantomDoll 60cm Korat and Siamese (dolls)
- Charles Creature Cabinet Belle Odoroki (pig doll) and Bulah Yindee (elephant doll)
- Ken no Kokoro (doll heads) Rosita, Miguelito, Patatita, and any other doll heads or complete dolls produced after May 2012. Amparita02 heads produced prior to that date are allowed, but editions of Amparita02 produced after May 2012 are also banned.
- SignDolls Delta "The Bard" (doll head) Modified recast of Soom Chalco
- bettytantai (ebay seller). Selling recast dolls from many different companies (including Luts) in a kind of resin that those companies do not use.
- Dolls.moe (company site, European convention dealer, confirmed as selling clearly identified Fairyland recasts on eBay)
- sadie88 (ebay seller)
- wa20091122 (ebay seller). States they are a distributor for AOD, Island Doll, Only Doll and Doll Love. But have also been noticed selling pre-orders for a Fairyland-designed MNF body, calling it an "Angel of Heaven" doll, offering it in colors FL does not.
These dolls or doll parts cannot be posted in the Marketplace or Galleries. Inquiries on how or where to buy them will be removed.
Recast dolls are banned from Den of Angels, and it is strictly against the rules of the forum to discuss or post pictures of recast dolls, or to attempt to buy or sell them via the Marketplace. Den of Angels is resolutely anti-bootlegging and we expect members of this forum to respect our rules on this matter.
There are a number of recast sellers on eBay, most usually but not always, located in China. Please research before you make a purchase. If they use the company name, check the company site for pricing. Many of these sellers use official company photos, sometimes with the legit name watermark, sometimes edited. If the price seems low, if the doll is being sold as a generic unbranded doll, you are looking at recasts. Please ask questions of the staff on DOA, or of other bjd owners before purchasing!