RosettaDoll is a South Korean company run by sculptor Ku Jeong Eun, not to be confused with Rosette School of Dolls. The company originally intended to call themselves Memoria Doll, seeing the names of their Flickr and Blog page. According to RosettaDolls blog, the name change was inspired by the Rosetta Stone, an ancient artefact that helped translators decipher Egyptian hieroglyphs. RosettaDoll's heads are fairly large at 9-10", and were released in one pre-order period per head. So far, the team has met "difficulties" in the re-release schedule according to their latest blog post from February 2014.
After an extended hiatus, RosettaDoll returned in early 2019 via Instagram. Preorders are conducted by e-mail through their blog, linked below.
Rosetta's dolls were pre-ordered for a limited time in 2012. RosettaDoll has stated on their blog they will not be sculpting any new heads in the future, but plan to re-release the existing sculpts over the course of 2013 and 2014.
In early 2019, RosettaDoll returned with a limited release of Agave and a new, ‘dreamlike’ version of Agave with half-closed eyes. RosettaDoll posted progress pictures of a new sculpt on Instagram named “Ing” that has yet to be released. There’s been no word on whether their other previous sculpts will be released.
- Harpas (released: 2011 (Korea only))
- Zio (released: 13 - 16 March 2012)
- Yuha (released: 15 - 30 April 2012)
- Wayne (released: October 27 - November 11 2012 )
- Agave (released: November 30 - December 15 2012; rereleased January 23-30, 2019)
- Agave -dreamlike (released March 2019)
- Cheonso (released September 21, 2019 to September 27, 2019)
Resin Match & Compatibility
The resin is meant to match Volks NS, and the body used on the promotional pictures are SD bodies (what type is not specified other than '60-65cm body' and for Agave ' 58cm girl body').
- RosettaDoll on Twitter
- RosettaDoll on Instagram
- Korean Blog active 2019
- Rosettadoll.com (defunct)
- RosettaDoll on Flickr
- RosettaDoll on DoA
- RosettaDoll Discussion Thread (DoA)
- note: the account 'rosetta-doll' seems to have been abandoned despite being used to promote the pre-orders.