1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Doll Plans

Oct 16, 2019

?

What are your doll plans for 2020?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2020.
  1. Buying new dolls

136 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Paying layaways

47 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Working on the dolls you have

226 vote(s)
    83.1%
  4. Sculpting

35 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Making clothes/wigs

152 vote(s)
    55.9%
  6. Practicing your faceups/body blushing skills

119 vote(s)
    43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. I came here thinking I didn't have much to do and ended up checking all the options, what am I doing.
      --For new dolls, I'll keep stalking the market and new releases for the grey Idealian boy of my dreams (and the owner of various parts I have collected over the year), and save up for various tiny boys.
      --For layaways, I'll finish paying off my orders of... feet, and Rey Lewis, who I should maybe start shopping for, but knowing Dollshe it might be way too soon.
      --For my existing boys, most importantly Yohan needs a faceup and desperately needs his wig to be styled, he isn't looking too good right now. As for the rest of them, they're pretty much always in progress, so who even knows what will happen.
      --As for sculpting, I've been really excited about 3d printing one of my ocs, who I wanted to shell but could find no accurate sculpt for, so I thought, why don't I do it myself?? Turns out, these things are hard, so this'll probably take up most of the year for me.
      --The rest of the goals also have to do with the oc being sculpted, as they'll need a bunch of clothes and customization... if I even manage to get that far within the year. Here's hoping?
      If you've read this far, I don't know why you did that, but good luck with your own plans for the year!

2. First and foremost I'll have to figure out whether to reshell some of my characters or not since if I do, I would likely not be happy with how their old shell's clothes/wigs fit (assuming they would fit at all). But after that:
      • Make wigs for April, Saga and hopefully Kane as well if I'll manage to dye the mohair I have to a very dark green (so far I've only gotten very light colors, I think I know why the color doesn't want to take but I'll have to do some testing)
      • Redo April's faceup to fit her new hair color as well as her character in general
      • Do an elf-ear mod on Kane as well as give him some actual teeth. I've already acquired the apoxie sculpt for them but haven't had the time to do any practising with it (will be my first time using it). Have to get this done in summer at latest so I'd have enough time to also make him a faceup I'd be happy with
      • Do faceups on any possible new dolls if they arrive before weather getting unsuitable again
      • Get eyes for any possible new dolls as well as Kane (already know the exact ones I want and the measurements for them, just need to get around to ordering them :sweat)
      • Finish at least 1 outfit for my first centaur doll that should arrive in January
      • If I decide to reshell some characters and their old clothing no longer fits, make them at least 1 new full outfit (or at least, anything that's clothes-y enough that it won't feel too weird to have the dolls on display when having guests or something :lol:)
      • Try to use some of my dolly fund on at least 1 body even though it's so boring compared to getting new heads. But, I think I'd be able to connect better with some of my dolls if I could make their body truly theirs rather than have to have them share it. For example, I'd really like one character to have tattoos but can't really give her those as long as I only have 3 bodies for... what, 6 heads or something? :sweat Of varying levels of yellowing nonetheless, meaning I can't even really mix and match all of them, so...
      • Go through all of my dolls and check their stringing and restring those that need it. Or since I probably don't have enough elastic for everyone, make a note of who needs it so once I get more and have time I wouldn't have to go through everyone again (or like I tend to do, test a couple that are fine and go all "huh, guess nobody needs it now, guess I'll go do something more fun less useful then" :doh)
      • Try to finish even more of the unfinished clothes, already made a good start on this in 2019 but I'd really like it if I'd get to a point where all the unfinished stuff would always fit in a half smaller box than now

3. It seems I missed a year! Time to remedy that...

2019 was a stormy sea. A lot of my plans got dashed by job switchups and mounting bills. There was no time to socialize; I did far less in the community than I wanted to. But I was also insanely blessed. Lots of grails came in. It makes paring down simpler. One day I hope to be back to the dolls I enjoy most.

2020 will be interesting. I feel less inclined to make lofty goals. Dolls to pay off on top of other expenses.

But let's shoot for:

*Pay off remaining layaways
      *One MSD body
      *And/or a grey or tan SD body
      *Elf ears
      *One or two specific wigs (If they can be found)
      *All gift dolls sent out
      *At least one of the following: Rap1993 Danni, Summberbird Mystique, Digidoll Pup, Somnia Crawler Dolls Nara
      *Continue to clean out
      *Finish faceups. Touch up faceups. Work on project dolls.

Stretch goals:
      *Another body
      *And/or body for Zelfain or Nabarro Har
      *Nabarro Sumner, Wally, or Kalan if I can find one
      *More photoshoots
      *Twigling Lady?

I did complete goals for 2019- more clothes for MSD and smaller, ordered some nice wigs, and listed things on the MP. I also found a body for a key head- it was in my collection. Who knew?

4. I wrote this earlier:
      I have since decided to go to BJDC convention in Austin and have a vendor's table. I will be making more clothes with my fabric to have available at the convention and 'may' put a few dolls and head for sale or trade (traumatic). Plus, I will be at a convention and I know they will have tons of tempting things to buy.

5. 2020 I'm hoping to:
      Sew some outfits.
      Buy a resinsoul ming?
      Do better at my face ups.
      Buy some outfits.

#185 emilie_moon, Jan 1, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    6. These threads are always so much fun and they actually really help keep me on track. I guess it's a form of accountability with my past self. :sweat

2020 Doll Goals:
      - Complete customization of my incoming LUTS HDF Ani
      - Successfully move all my current dolls to my new home
      - Improve my wide-angle doll photography

**Minor goals include: purchase an Azone for my husband, make new doll friends.

#186 NekoNyanMew, Jan 3, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    7. I'm very bad at sticking to my bjd goals, but hopefully this will help me! I'll try to make them simple and easy to get done.

So my 2020 BJD goals are:
      * More bodies, less heads - I have a small army of Switch heads so I would like to buy 2 bodies with at least one of them being female. Of course if someone is selling a Switch head in mocha brown that I dont have, I'll probably break this rule
      *Eyes and wigs - there is an extreme lack of eyes and wigs in my house so I'd like to fix that by first learning how to make my own. I don't need anything too fancy so hopefully it will turn out ok.

And that's it! Keeping it simple so that I'm more likely to get them done

• Buy bust stand
      • Buy a 3M mask for face-ups
      • Buy eyes for everyone
      • Buy more clothes
      • Especially EID clothes
      • Start practicing face-ups
      • Make more wigs
      • Maybe buy another doll

#188 Akatsuki, Jan 6, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    8. Last year was so quiet, this year is probably going to be much better doll year!

2020:
      - Buy: Big lady
      - Buy: Big gentleman
      - Stretch: Buy: Children

- Make: New wigs for everybody
      - Make: New outfits for everybody
      - Make: Props, props, props

- Practice: Face up and bodyblush
      - Practice: Small modifications

It.. doesn't seem that much but I'm busy with other things and when I'm not I'm lazy. Let's hope for the best.

9. - a diorama for my girl, Chloe. Thinking just a bedroom/sitting room. I have ideas percolating but nothing drawn up yet. It needs to be collapsible and wood is all I know, so far. Dimensions are a big ??? right now because I’ve only ever designed an American Girl dollhouse and they’re much shorter than SD sized BJD lol. I want her to be able to stand up.

- maybe an off topic SD sized doll made of vinyl that I can take outside for adventures. I don’t over worry about Chloe and sunlight but I also don’t carelessly subject her to sunlight either. She stays inside. So, I’d like a doll designed for play that can share her clothes. I had the money saved up but then Life happened and I had to spend that money being responsible. Ah well, saving up again!

- more clothes, always.

10. I just put a resinsoul Qing head and some cat ears on layaway.

I have updated my doll wishlist but i'm gonna have to be careful and practice patience and restraint this year i think. I got alot of my dolls second hand because when i see one pop up i feel compelled to get them. Theres one that popped up and that i'm eyeing. I'm gonna start saving for her and if she's around still then I suppose I may get her.

11. my plans are to downsize my collection, I need to have marketplace access to be able to do this...I want to sell more this year than buy.

12. Kind of the same from the 2019 plans. My plans got thrown into the can since I lost my job in the first quarter last year. We do have one new doll on the way, so we'll be planning for her once I get an official shipping notice.

That and really work on the story. I've started some basic outlining recently.

13. I have some faceup projects i need to finish, but I'd also love to get a sleeping sculpt! I have ones I like in all three of the different size groups, so I guess the challenge is figuring out what (or who) it'll be!

14. I’m keeping mine simple...
      For now xD

my 2020 plans are to get a migidoll cynical Yujin as my first SD sized doll, get a female bjd (unsure on sculpt or size, I want to see how I feel about SD size first) and “finish” my msd roombox (lets be real, are room boxes ever finished?)

15. My plans for 2020 are overall just continuing with my projects. The more specific goals that I really want to have done asap are

-> finish sculpting and printing the few 3d props I need for my current project
      -> get American Doll cello & see what type of bjd would match it best
      -> dye Wol's body to match her tawny skintone
      -> mod & dye the resin armour for my knight project
      -> order the wigs I've been eyeing for ages
      -> finally get on with sewing for my finalized concepts

...so in short, less spending time on new concepts, and more on actually doing stuff for the ideas I already have.

16. This year I would like to get a new doll who would fill the role of a younger sister for my existing msd sized girl.

17. have marked off my first 2020 plan of getting my first doll! :D
      second 2020 plan is to get a lot of clothes and mayyyybe get a dear mine anthro with my remaining scholarship money over the fall. Oh, and also start going to local meetups! (not that many plans saying im super new to the hobby ^^;

18. I just put a Doll Chateau Nicola A on layaway, so she'll probably be my only doll buy for this year. :3nodding:

I know, I know, "never say never," right? :wiggle

I'm also going to work on my long-suffering dolls that have waited for me to become healthy enough again to finally continue getting them faceups, eyes, shoes and clothes. And finally, I'm going to make or finish making clothes.

I basically have my work cut out for me for this year. :sweat

Ryu

19. Here is my Doll plan for 2020, hopefully I will accomplish it!

Plan to buy:

✨Switch HD70 Body for Ryuzo milktea rose

✨ LLT Roberich

✨ Luts SDF65 body (RS brown) for Diez

✨ Luts SDF65 body (RS normal) for Breeze

✨ Crobidoll Lance type A

✨ DreamingDoll - Chris

✨ Pygmalion Kyle

✨ Switch Seolrok head

✨ Switch Soseo head

✨ Switch Waseon head

✨ Switch HD:A 65/60/POIKA (for Seolrok)