1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5StarDoll Tinies Discussion Part 4

Oct 14, 2016

1. Geo-Earthling, ask and you shall receive! (I figure this photo is okay to post here since 3 of the dolls in the picture, Xander, Angel, and Drusilla, are 5Star tinies.) Hope you like them!

[​IMG]

I also have chibi versions of Giles, Cordelia and Darla. (But, they are not in the picture.) Yup, no doubt about it, I'm a card-carrying Buffyverse nerd. "If the apocalypse comes - beep me!"

Xander - 5Star Rex
      Angel - 5Star Quintus
      Drusilla - 5Star Jessie-girl

I'm also seriously contemplating chibi versions of Supernatural's Winchester Brothers. (And, of course, CAS! :aangel:)

#201 Rabbit-moon, Feb 5, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    2. Omg! I follow you on flikr! I'm one of your silent fans lol. I just love your pictures! :chibi

Woah! I didn't see the skulls till you said anything! Very cool affect haha! I love them!

Eeee! :D Wow they all look perfect! I'm totally fangirling right now! Your Willow is super cute in those overalls and that sculpt for Xander is perfect haha! Angel, Spike ,and Druisilla looking dapper as usual! And Buffy's axe looks amazing! Did you make it?! Thanks so much, you totally made my day!:hug:

3. Love the Buffy Gang. I'd love to have chibi Winchesters myself...and msd and sd versions but anyway. :) What yosd dolls appeal to you for the boys? I'm going to have go hunting now.

4. Wow which sculpt is she and is that the factory faceup?

5. Thanks! 30 cm "Amy", white skin (it's off-white, I like it) with company face-up yes. Mine was well done. By the way, she has elf ears. Denver Doll Emporium still has one in stock, FYI.

I don't think the promo photos by 5Star doll do her justice!

6. Thanks so much Geo-Earthling! :hug: They are not perfect, but they are as close as I could get them without special-ordering minimee YOSD-sized sculpts. (Which would have cost a fortune, if I could even find someone to do that kind of custom order.) They are more "in the spirit" of the characters, and the right costuming helps, too. I did have Spike's leather duster custom made for him, because it just isn't Spike without his leather coat!

Buffy's Slayer Scythe I borrowed from my 12" Sideshow Buffy action figure. I also collected most of the Sideshow Buffy 12" figures and all the props and weapons that come with each character are perfect scale for the BJD tinies.

So happy they made you feel like fangirling! When it comes to Buffy, I'm always fangirling! Thanks again!
      [​IMG]

Thank you Kelli! I'm so pleased that your like my Buffy Gang!

Oh yeah, Kelli, I loves me some Winchester Brothers! :aheartbea I haven't really had a chance to do any real hunting, yet. I've been so focused on my Sunnydale crew. But, I think Sam will be the really hard one to find; his face is so long. And, you don't really see long faces in YOSD-sized dolls. And, Castiel's mouth is so distinctive, that's gonna be a hard one, too. The only thing I know for sure is that I'll have to have a 1/6 trench coat made for Cas. You can't have Cas without his signature trench coat and blue tie.

If you go hunting, let me know what sculpts you come up with for Sam and Dean. I'd be curious! Thanks again!

7. Amy is a great sculpt, very cute with all the make-up I have ever seen.

8. Hey everyone, just wanted to share one of the new tiny sculpts, Anna....seeing as she looks a lot like a smaller Amy!
      There is also a new boy, Peter who is adorable.

[​IMG]

9. PETER & ANNA

Available through Denver Doll Emporium USA - $160
      DDE 5StarDoll Kid

[​IMG]

#209 stellarphenomena, Feb 7, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    10. Stellarphenomena you are so right. I know I thought she was very cute, but missed the strong resemblance to Amy. I wish they still had the double jointed body though. Both the new little ones are so cute!

11. Why did they change the body?

12. I wish I knew - they went to the new generation body that is single jointed. The hands on the new body are very lovely, but they don't pose too well. My Yami and Aiden5 came on the new body and it was quite a surprise. They are so cute though so I love them anyway.

13. Yes, stellarphenomena, the new dolls look unbelievably cute! But, because of the body change, I'm not interested. My 5Star Maggie came on the new body, and I really don't care for it. I'm hoping with all the changes 5Star is going through, that perhaps a new 26cm double-jointed body may be in the works. (I can dream...)

The 30cm body, Body "A", with the 3-part torso hasn't changed; it's now the default body for the 5Star-10 dolls.

14. Can anyone else explain why they changed the 26 cm body for the worse? Can/Has anyone shared nude photos comparisons?

15. Earlier in this thread there was quite a bit of discussion regarding this perplexing change. We are all mystified as to why 5Star chose to drop the double-jointed 26cm body. :?

I posted photos of my Jesse with the original 26cm body and Maggie with the new body.
      5StarDoll Tinies Discussion Part 4

#215 Rabbit-moon, Feb 8, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    16. Thanks for linking this...MYSTIFYING!! :doh

I was ready to get Anna but now considering holding off. They must be getting some feedback on this, you'd think!
      The aesthetic and the function are both gone!

Hey read this: Event - 5STARDOLL Spring Festival Event 2017. I'm confused, due to the conversations, is the double-joint coming back or gone forever for the 26cm?

#216 stellarphenomena, Feb 9, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    17. It appears that at this time the only body for the 26cm is the new single jointed one. Maybe if they get enough feed back they will reinstate the original body, but for now the single jointed one is the only on available:(

18. "A selfish proprietor..."

- "Hey, Quintus! Enough already to hugging! Please let go of Mishka. Give him, least one day, quietly drinking tea with cookies in the "five o'clock", together with rest of the guys!!!" :roll: :3nodding:

[​IMG]
      "A selfish proprietor..." =)
      by Old Horseradish, on Flickr

:kitty1

19. Your boys are so adorable and they seem to pose very well - really love how you have them styled! :D

20. Wow old-hren! Your boys are so CUTE! I love everything about your photos! The dolls, the props, and the posing are wonderful! Your boys have such life to them. :fangirl:

Love the wig on your Aiden. Did you make it?