1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5StarDoll Tinies Discussion Part 4

Oct 14, 2016

1. Yes, mollym, Meng Meng is very cute! And, new dolls are always a plus. :thumbup Actually, I'm sort of tempted to order her as my TongTong's little sister. Size-wise she would be perfect since TongTong is 30cm and Meng Meng is 27cm.

I also appreciate that 5Star put up the memory page for their old discontinued sculpts. That was really nice. I wish all companies would do that. The way things are with most companies, once a sculpt is discontinued, they delete all photos and history and it's as if the doll never existed. I think that is terrible! :eek:

(I have to admit, I am a little sad that all the old 30cm dolls are gone. Jadite and Aiden were such unique dolls.:aheartbea)

2. Yeah, they were all really nice. That's good they kept some photos, and I wish some other companies would do the same. I managed to have 3 of the 30cm ones. Maybe one day I can get a Bat Boy too. I've been planning to re-paint my SE 2013 twins since I've had them, and I'm suppose to get a custom outfit for Aiden sooner than later. I really like having them. I'd love to add a few more dolls to the crew, but I'll have to hold off for a little while as I'm planning a summer vacation and need all the spare money I can for that. Also, space has become an issue since I've moved. I'd like to get a wall-mounted shelf installed soon, so that should give me a little more room for more dollies!

3. Hello I'm new to this thread I have Bat Boy in tan he was one of the last bjds I bought before I left the hobby for a few years, luckily I could never bring myself to sell any of my dolls so they just sat in storage for a few years.
      Anyway I never got around to completely finishing off my Bat Boy his name is Taboo so when I slowly started to get back into bjds late 2019 I finally finished off blushing his wings and bought him an outfit to wear as he had no clothes poor boy lol.

4. Love hearing about all your plans, Mollym. :aheartbea A vacation sounds so nice. I haven't been anywhere since the pandemic started. T_T I have pre-existing medical conditions, so I've had to be careful.

I don't know why, but for some reason I thought you already had a Bat Boy. *My bad* I wish you luck finding him on the secondary market, after your vacation. :thumbup

You mentioned a wall-mounted shelf; since I've been stuck at home, Ive been plotting to put up wall-mounted shelves, too. My doll room is a mess! But, I can't decide between shelves, glass cabinets, or just bookcases.

Hi CandyKane! Welcome to the thread, and welcome back to the hobby! :daisy:daisy:daisy

I have a Bat Boy, too. He's has a wonderfully expressive face. :D

Would love to see a photo of him when you get the chance.

#604 Rabbit-moon, Apr 6, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    5. Just some spam to bump thread....hi @Rabbit-moon !!

(Luts Hanael & Amy)

[​IMG]

6. Awe, @stellarphenomena They look so cute! I especially love the shoes, they match the outfits perfectly! What a lovely couple of little dolls!

7. LOL! Hey Stellarphenomena! Thanks for the shout-out! :hug:

And thanks for posting the pix! Your dolls look so adorable! I love their outfits! :aheartbea But, I gotta admit, I love that red-on-red outfit on your Amy. The beanie and red leather jacket are everything! :love

Looking at the 5Star on-line store, I'm happy to see that Amy is still being offered. :D

8. #608 ParlourGoddess, Sep 15, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    9. My Quintus
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Hi ParlourGoddess! Welcome to the thread! :dance

Oh Squee! :fangirl: Your kids are adorable!!! They both have lovely face-ups. Are those the company face-ups?

It's so great to see these sculpts again. :aheartbea (Especially Rex; he's an oldie but a goodie!) Thanks for sharing!

11. So I have an idea...I want 3 of the 30 cm boys not sure which sculpts yet. I want to make a chibi jacksepticeye, markiplier and ethan from crankgameplays...
      thoughts? Ideas?

12. I think that would be very adorable @ahalfling !

13. Ahalfling, that sounds like fun! :dance

Looking forward to seeing them! :thumbup

14. Does anyone have any sculpt ideas for mark, jack, and eef? Also anyone know of anyone selling any yos?

15. Sorry ahalfling, wish I could be of help. I'm not familiar enough with those characters to suggest any dolls. And, it doesn't look like there are any 5Star tinies for sale in the Marketplace. (I just looked.)

The only YOSD-sized boy on the 5Star site is Peter. Sadly, not much of a selection. :sorry

16. Yeah I noticed the market is dry lol. They're youtubers, my favorites actually. Jacksepticeye in particular.

17. Please see ParlourGoddess’ Discussion link:
      https://denofangels.com/threads/5-star-doll-is-gone.857966/

This is such sad news! :...( I can’t believe they are gone. My favorite tinies are 5Star dolls.

Another beloved doll company is gone. This just breaks my heart. :crushed

(Edited because ParlourGoddess’ thread was moved from News to General Discussion thread, and I fixed the link.)

#617 Rabbit-moon, Jun 27, 2022
      Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    18. That makes me so sad!!!! I wanted to get more of these little guys. Many of the sculpt I wanted were already retired, but I might have wanted any new sculpt that they would have made. Good bye to another part of BJD history. :...(:...(

19. Hey, Pepperonipizza. I totally agree with you. This is such sad news. I’ve always been a huge fan of their dolls. And, I also would have bought more of their dolls. But, it had been a while since they put out any new sculpts.

I wonder what happened? It was probably COVID. From things I’ve read, the pandemic reared it ugly head again in China and there have been a lot of issues and delays. 5Star wasn’t a big company, maybe the pandemic was too much for them. :(:(:(

5Star will be sorely missed by the people who loved their dolls. We can only hope they will come back again. :eusa_pray

To the memory of 5Star, here is a photo of my Maggie. Such a lovely doll.

[​IMG]

#619 Rabbit-moon, Jun 30, 2022
      Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    20. Some winter spam of cute Amy

[​IMG]