1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big BB Discussion(All Companies)

Mar 24, 2017

1. I tried. It did not have anything helpful. I've resorted to emailing Volks to ask them, but as it is the weekend, they have not responded.

This is one outfit I have been looking at and wondering if it would fit? Home :: Dollfie® Outfits :: VOLKS Outfit Brands :: All Brand Outfits :: Lacy Tulle Dress (Vanilla) / Mini I am trying to find outfits for my girls to wear that coordinate with the Lolita dresses that I'll be wearing to a convention. Volks also has a nightgown I am interested in since she is the only girl without proper pajamas.

Truth be told, all but one of Kiku's current outfits were custom-made for her. Two of them are from Stacy's Pink Ocean, and the other is part of a set of grab bags that I got for my girls at like 10 bucks each that included a full outfit for each girl. The seller on Etsy custom made those using each of their measurements.

The only one that isn't custom-made is her school uniform, but that was... kind of an accident. ^^; I bought the uniform before I got her, but it was such a loose fit on my mature MSD that when I got Kiku, I decided to just try it on her and see and it turned out to be a perfect fit.

2. The DoA wiki has the measurements for MSD bodies here.
      The girls are listed as:
      Height: 42cm
      Head: 19.5cm (7–8" wig)
      Neck: 8.5cm
      Chest: 18.5cm
      Shoulder width: 8.5cm
      Waist: 15.3cm
      Hips: 19cm
      Arm Length: 12.5cm (shoulder to wrist)
      Leg Length: 17cm (inseam)
      Foot Length: 5.5cm
      Foot Width: 2.5cm

I couldn't turn up anything spelling out the Midi measurements specifically, but this photo comparison between MSD and SD-Midi (found in the Midi discussion thread) suggests the differences might be quite small.

But comparing MSD measurements to my Baby Delf, her 18.5cm chest matches up fine, but her waist is thicker (19.5cm to MSD's 15.3cm) and her hips are also thicker (21.2cm to MSD's 19cm). Something relatively free-size like a onepiece gown (as you've linked) might work, but it depends on if the waist seam hits high enough. That's the problem I have with Dollheart's Cherry Classic on my Baby Delf - it's the waist that causes the zipper to have issues, but it's a relatively high waisted piece so she can just barely make it work. Something with a bit of shirring or elastic at the back would be safer.

I haven't tried buying too much off the shelf for my Big BBs - I intended to do more sewing myself for them - so I can't speak too much as to fit for general pieces. You would probably be okay looking at Luts' Baby Delf specific outfits, though - they are currently running a sale through the first week of May. Fabric Friends and Dolls (located in MD, USA) has some Baby Delf outfits in stock for cheaper shipping.

3. Good news! The Cubs school uniform I ordered on Alice’s fit my girl! Granted, I had to take her head off to get her into it and it was a pain to get back on (I think she may be strung a little too tightly).

4. After a 6 month wait, Gem of Doll Edie and Ines are here! They are the most beautiful dolls I have ever seen. Both are full set with blushing and I love both of them.

5. Congrats! :DPlease share some pics of your cuties! We would love to see them :love

My GoD Mococo Girl has been home for a while now ;)
      ...and here she is.
      [​IMG]

6. @wherethelilacsbloom she is so adorable. She has such a classic look :)

@stellarphenomena Im surprised Tony doesnt seem more popular, hes really reasonably priced. Maybe people are put off by the non jointed torso.

I am waiting on a Cocotribe MianMian, which I think counts as a big BB from her measurements (Although I dont know if anthros are ok in this thread :XD: ) At least I wont have to worry about finding shoes that fit her!

7. Cydril: Yeah, not sure why they did the non-joint. My first 1/8 Myou is like that but the newest one I got has a jointed torso - I'm assuming customer feedback.

For awhile, Fabric Friends has had $199 5Stardoll Tony in stock (no-face up), and Denver Doll a $460 GemofDoll BB Mona Angel with free Moki head (no face ups) also Doll Peddlar $430 Be with You..Paprika Puff. No one seems interested though.

8. Kind of falling out of love with the anime style head I have on my MYOU big baby.

But I am not sure what new head I want to put on it. Something with a smile.

9. What head do you have now?

10. It's the Dollfamily Anthony head.

11. I've been eyeing Paprika Puff for a while now. I finally caved and bought the one from Doll Peddlar because I am a sucker for instant gratification. I'll share photos when she gets here!

12. I've almost bought her a couple of times! I'm glad you have given her a home!

13. I swapped out the Doll Family Anthony head for a Ninodoll Bada head. The head looks a little wonky from some angles (it definitely would not work for a short-haired character) and the design of the slot for the head seems to make it want to tilt forward, but I can probably futz with that... I just have had Ninodoll Bada on my "possibly" list so many times it was like.... maybe just get Bada.... I love the smile.

While I was at the SD BJD Convention, I got a super cute dress and hat ensemble.

[​IMG]San Diego BJD Con 2019 by Kaxen6, on Flickr

I also acquired a Leeke Valentina on the art volume body at the convention. Not a chubby baby with the bubble boobs she has, but I think I might have a Pear Butt Crew now lol.

I also have a Anna-Queen Laya v2 on a Junior Delf Body that I haven't done anything with in agggesssss, but Laya looks nice on the Myou Chubby baby body.... maybe I will get one more body in the future. Or another chubby pear butt body. I dunno. That is a kinda "for later" plan....

14. She looks cute, and great answer to your dilemna! I always say go for the dolls that speak to you and you really love!
      I love the outfit you got her as well. I have 3 chubby big babies, and would probably get more in the future. I think they are the perfect size to play with and sew for!

15. @whisperwolf yeah for sure! I love my big dolls, but it was just so nice to have one light enough to just sit on my arm without tiring myself out. I started with 1/4 dolls when I began collecting BJDs then moved to bigger ones and I think the chubby baby size made me fall in love with the 1/4 size again.

Kinda want to buy some props/furniture for a chubby baby crew. My biggest problem as someone who primarily has 60-70cm dolls is that the furniture is both expensive and hard to find stuff that doesn't make my lanky long-legged boys look like a man squatting in a kid's chair. But 1/4 scale is so much more manageable!

16. Comi baby has new heads for their baby series plus Peridot and Lulu basic are on sale.

[​IMG]

17. I'll have to see if I can swing it after the holidays but I'm planning on buying the sweet dream Lulu. I'm in love with my Peridot but she needs a friend. ❤️

18. She is really sweet! She'll be my first dreaming head.

I got my Paprika Puff today and she's really lovely. Her face is so soft and pretty, but I'm super unimpressed with her posing. She can't even hold up her legs or arms and she's all floppy. She can't even sit up because her legs are too limp.

So, I figured she just needed shorter strings, but when I took a look, she's strung oddly. Her torso has no channel for elastic, there is a small hold straight from one leg to the other so she has one piece of elastic that goes from one foot through the hole to the other foot. I pulled that string as tight as I could and she's still floppy.

I was so excited because the YOSDs are such good posers. I assumed she'd be the same way. Does anyone have some tips on how to get her to hold a pose?

ETA* She also has a piece of sticky velcro on her head not shown in the dollsbe listings. I mistakenly assumed I'd be purchasing a new doll from doll peddler, not a used one.

#280 pixidance, Nov 25, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 25, 2019