1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll carriers? What do you use?

Sep 26, 2004

1. Haven't gotten any doll bags, but I'm thinking of getting one of those Fjallraven Kanken bags to bring my doll around.
      SD sized one would just kneel in the bag and I can pack away extra clothes for her, some necessities for myself and probably a small camera too.

Speaking of which, I do have a Fstop camera bag where it has those compartments. I could perhaps reconfigure it to store a yosd or two along with my camera.

2. I built a carrying bag for my MSD out of a plastic endoskeleton, two fluffy pillow shams, and then lined it with faux fur left over from hemming a winter coat. To close it, I installed metal grommets and threaded in a wide grosgrain ribbon. Forgive the messy crafting table and Instagram filter, this is the only picture I can find at the moment!
      [​IMG]

I zip her up in the cushion she came with (I didn't like the ties, they felt weak so I installed a zipper) and slip the rolled cushion down into this. It's not as sturdy as, say, a hard-bodied trunk or violin case, but it protects her pretty well from normal bumps and thumps!

3. Rifle case :lol:

4. I have a some kind of tennis racket case for two of my MSDs (they fit together with a pillow sandwiched between) and one came with his own case. I may have to upgrade when I get my fourth MSD.

5. I use the bubble wrap and a soft scarf most of the times....
      And i have a plastic head cap? Mask to protect the faces...

6. Small duffel bags with hard bottoms (hard sides would be a bonus) have always worked for me. Use something for padding like towels or cushions and bam! You can carry a lot of dolls and their accessories with a small bag. I think I fit like 8 MSD into a 25x10x10 with room for extra clothes and wigs.

7. I currently only have tinies and most of them fit in one of the zippered padded bags the Soom dolls came in. I can put one of them in each of those and stick them in my backpack or a tote bag. One of my puki pukis normally travels in a little bag for a collapsable umbrella stuck in an inner pocket of my purse. He goes nearly everywhere with me like that.

8. I've considered modding a diaper bag into a doll carrier, after seeing some of the neat designs we have at my store.

9. I've got a Dollmore carrying bag that a friend gave me a long time ago. I don't take my dolls places, really, so right now the bag is just stuffed full of fabric I want to use for doll clothes, but its big enough to fit one of my 65cm boys in. I just have to pick one or the other. :sweat

10. I have this backpack that I don't use for anything else really and I usually put them in there. It's light purple and glittery with a big heart on the front. I do need an actual carrying case though, I hate having to bend them up or mess up their hair.

11. I've usually used a backpack with a lot of pockets for props etc., however its size is more suited to MSDs and smaller dolls, it can fit an SD but the legs have to be twisted in a way that requires re-adjusting the clothes (stockings/pants w/e) at the destination, which is annoying since I usually won't have a table or anything clean and stable to put the doll on. So, lately the SDs have travelled in a big Ikea bag, inside of a basic cardboard box that one of my SDs came in + a pillow I sewed, it doesn't fit anything else though so if I want to use any props I'll have to carry them in a separate bag.

I've been thinking of sewing a proper carrying bag for them, although considering it's been 2 years since I started needing one and I still haven't done anything towards that project, I should probably just buy one. Or 5, during next year I should have my SD-sized group of travellers all shelled, and since they are supposed to be a very close-knit group (especially when they are out and about in the wilderness), it would be nice if I could have all of them be in the same photo shoot at least most of the time. :sweat

12. I usually put a face protector on and wrap them up in scarves and put them in a messenger bag! I'm currently working on making a basket big enough to put my two YOSD's in!

13. Links I found to Dollmore's coffin case are dead and I don't find it listed on the website. Maybe it's discontinued.
      Can someone provide me pics of the coffin because I am really curious to see what it looks like? (I am asking here because related thread is archived and so I can't ask in it.)

14. i have never seen them and i've been shopping DM this year... so maybe not something they do now.. when did you last see them?

15. I use an unused Planet Fitness bag with some bubble wrap from when Ian was shipped for a carrier. Its just big enough to fit him all straightened out, and it has some extra pockets for his clothes and wig! If I get any bigger dolls, I might have to change my methods, though...

16. I just put whoever is coming with me in a tote bag padded with towels/bankets ^__^; I do take wigs off first though to keep them from getting all frizzy. I want to get either a real case intended for BJDs or an old fashioned wicker picnic basket for them though! I also really want to see the coffin bags @Sechs mentioned, they sound really cute....

17. the DM coffin case I 'think' was similar to this
      dollndoll~

18. Besides the Akagi doll carrying bag I got with my order from them, I use one of those large hard shelled wheeled cargo bags for hauling my crew around. I picked it up for a steal at Marshell's ($39), and it's 30 inches tall. It has a hard, reinforced outer shell that divides in two, with a zippered piece of mesh separating the two halves. I lined the inside with foam, cushions and pillows to keep them comfy and stable while in transit, and can fit at least 8 SD sized bjds in there. :3nodding:

19. An auditors bag I found second hand. I have a couple of dolls and with properly padded layers, you can carry them around nicely! It's on wheels so the weight of carrying it is never an issue. Also, it has a locking mechanism for security and stiff walls to prevent any damage coming to the dolls. I really like using it <3
      [​IMG] << Like this~