1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll In Mind - LOVE - Discussion II

Apr 30, 2022

1. @Rabbit-moon yes Arno is such a cutie :D Such pretty facial structure :blush I always thought of him and Edmon as siblings because they seem to have such bright personalities and pretty faces :XD: If I see him on the market somewhere (and Danbi too) I’ll let you know here- one of us has to get him lol! I’m casually looking for Galahad, Terrence, Elif, Leif, Hammish, Edmon, Leonora, Odile, Lestia, Archenar, and Rain - if I see any of these and can’t get them, I’ll notify about their sale here if anyone interested :chibi

2. Remember when I said only a few posts ago I wasn't ever buying more dolls as an excuse?
      I bought two since then. They are coming this week :XD: but to be fair, it wasn't exactly the same commitment... It was a lot of 2 mature 1/6 for only $125. So anyway... That was probably my treat this year. Not DIM related, I just don't want to look like a liar lol.

There are two different older DIM head sculpts in the MP right now, but not one anyone specifically mentioned. One of them is one of the sad big eared vampire girls I always wanted. But I definitely am not planning to realize that dream. There was one girl head (enubi?) Earlier in the year I almost went for but now that someone else bought her and I don't have to look at her I'm fine with it. ;)

@Rabbit-moon I love seeing Persia. He has the same kind of square angles nose that Lloyd has which I find so incredibly interesting.

You know, I swear I saw someone post an Arno recently... He's lovely isn't he? I feel like a lot of these have resurfaced recently and it's really nice!

@krystina Archenar is one I always remember because my sister had a cat she named Archenon when we were younger. :lol: I can't even remember what that doll looks like but I think maybe he was one I really wanted? I can't remember if Lloyd was really my first choice for who to have at the time, but this is how it ended up :3nodding:

I know I said I was about give Lloyd a new outfit but of course someone else took that one, then I went back to make something new for Sven: (Rydel)

[​IMG]
      Lumii 20230523 155727318 — Postimages

But I actually did finish something cute for Lloyd now! I just need to take a pretty picture :D

3. @AlisonVonderland lol those dolls don’t count because you didn’t specify the size in your original post :XD:
      Yes I saw the DIM dolls you mentioned in the Marketplace- and I did see the Eunbi and Robel earlier there too (Robel was a full doll). I was seriously thinking to get Robel but I was afraid if I get him, he’d just be hidden away as I don’t have a character in mind to justify buying. I’m sure whoever got him, he’s cherished and perhaps we’ll see him here one day :chibi

Here is Archenar’s picture If I see him on sale anywhere, I’ll be sure to notify you :XD: I don’t want him as badly as the other sculpts, but I’ll take him if he’s ever available XD The other sculpt I forgot to mention is Andrea He was released around the same time as Lloyd- maybe you’re thinking of this sculpt between picking him and Lloyd? Like Lloyd, he has a beautiful nose too and piercing stare :love Aaah I wish I can have him :XD:

That kimono looks so fashionable- i saw it on your IG too but just has to comment again. The fur trim is just magnificent for Sven <3

4. @krystina Ahhhh omg there he is! It's funny because I couldn't remember his face anymore but the memories flood back now! He's beautiful! Looking back I think maybe Archenar was my first choice. I remember Andrea now too! Ah that's funny! But no I actually like Lloyd's expression better and his cool nose. He feels very stylized even more than Andrea. I just thought Lloyd and Archenar would be the cutest siblings.
      I hope you can find yourself a Lloyd. I think odds on him may be better than many of the others. He seems like he was popular.
      As for myself, truly I'm set as is, but you're very nice to think of me!
      And thank you for the compliment on the new outfit! It's like a kimono but I made it with some different elements, it was modeled after a 1970s evening jacket I saw posted on an antique fashion page I follow. :XD: :aheartbea

5. Thank you Krystina! So many dolls… so little money…:doh

Thank you AlisonVonderland! I agree, Persia and Lloyd have great noses! I’m all about noses! My dolls have to have visually interesting noses.

The robe you made for Rydel is lovely! :love I wish I knew how to sew like you.

Im sorry I didn’t see the Arno posting but, in all honesty, I’ve been cutting way back on my doll buying. These days, a doll really has to pull hard on my heartstrings for me to pursue it. And, sadly, this summer my husband and I are going to be doing some much needed repairs on our house; so there goes any wild spending money I might have had for dolls. I hate “adult-ing”! :ablah:

But, a Danbi or a Arno would be tempting. Denny’s sculpts were so beautiful. I really miss DIM. :...(

6. @Rabbit-moon I feel you there, real life problems is half of why I was not planning to buy more from here at least until everything is changed (and I don't know if/when that would be). But also just a matter of a change of heart in life. It's not that I don't love the dolls I have, it's that the years pass and as things change, you change too. I don't need more. I need a structure that helps me to do what's important for me.

Back on topic, so I didn't realize before that DollK actually had so many archived photos of the old sculpts! So I looked through them all and oh what a pleasant memory it was! I started to recognize a bunch of the ones I loved so well. I miss thess dolls so much. Maybe one day the sculptor will read our comments and come back again. :whee: there was just something about these faces that always kept my heart captive. They are tender and reassuring to me.

I wish more owners would join us here :XD:

7. I would love that :XD: But I think he might actually be done- last year he opened a minis group order for Flowne, Laia and Larina. On this GO, he said if anyone wanted another sculpt, he would do it but only if there were 20 people minimum. Also, he would check his back stock for any sculpts he had left- I got lucky and got one of the left over Julis heads :D I also think he might be really retired cuz he retired from making miniatures recently :whee: Denny really is so talented ! Someone posted a link to some of his work in the DIM minis discussion thread- I’ll see if I can find it. But I’ll still hope maybe Jun KyungSun might return to doing resin :XD: Right now she’s focused on her bisque miniatures (if you have a chance, check her work in IG under her name :D)

8. Aw, that's fair. All good things must eventually come to an end. I hope he is able to enjoy his retirement. He certainly brought us a lot of joy through his dolls.

Aw I'm actually following her already! :whee: I love the little antique style dollies she's making now. They are so sweet, as I would expect :aheartbea it would be cool if she ever makes bjds again though, because her work is so lovely.

Anyway, here's finally a random photo of my Lloyd... today in a faux daguerreotype kind of edit :XD:
      [​IMG]
      Lumii 20230525 183145179 — Postimages

I love his new corset top. I think I know how to pull together a new little wardrobe for him so probably I'll post him more again :aangel:

9. @Rabbit-moon i hear ya, adulting is overrated and I wish I can spend money on dolls not bills T.T
      @AlisonVonderland if you’re interested in seeing Denny’s 1:6 miniature, check out the top comment by natterat here . There was a question as to why Denny was referred to as “Cult King” on his PayPal- it’s a really interesting “about the artist” info :XD:
      Yes, Denny and his company along with his group of artists will always be prolific in the bjd hobby <3 last I heard he had a white noise YouTube channel but I can’t seem to find it anymore :sweat I hope he is enjoying his retirement :chibi
      One of these days when I’m not buying doll things, I’d love to have one of her bisque dolls. I love how vintage they look.
      Ahhh Lloyd looks so handsome in his corset :XD::XD: Those accessories really compliment his outfit :blushcan’t wait to see the rest of his wardrobe!

10. AlisonVonderland and Krystina, I didn’t know Denny had retired! I always wondered why DIM closed. Denny was always so good to his customers. I hope he’s having a wonderful retirement. *heavy sigh* But, Alison is right, all good things eventually come to an end. (Except for David Bowie’s music. That will go on forever!) Still, I’m having a hard time with the “things ending” concept.

Krystina, thanks for the archive link at DOLK! It was awesome to cruise down memory lane looking at all the DIM sculpts. I wish all companies would keep an archive/memory page for all their old sculpts. I know most collectors would appreciate that.

AlisonVonderland, your Lloyd looks AMAZING! Wow! :aeyepop: He’s gorgeous in that corset!

11. @Rabbit-moon Bowie until the end of time :XD: Same- for me too tho I still feel like time hasn’t moved much from when I joined this hobby. 2009 to me was like 3 years ago :XD:

and YW, I like to look at the old pics sometimes too, maybe get some inspiration for styles of clothing or photography inspiration :chibi

12. Drive by Anima drop :chibi I been trying up new styles for him:whee:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Different wig :chibi
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

More fits :XD:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Punk Princess :blush
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As plain as it is, I think the all black is my favorite :XD:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      Kind of looks like a young, baby-faced Alucard :chibi

13. Same person who sold me my BBjorn has an Archenar for sale :chibi I want to get him but I’m overwhelmed with incomplete dolls as is :XD: If anyone looking for an Archenar l can point you to them.

14. Errrrmehgerd Archenar :XD: womppp
      I love seeing the cool different stylings on your Amina @krystina :D I think my favorites are pink princess and the deer antlers outfit :aheartbea but I think... These are kind of leaning in my Lloyd direction so it's very inspiring.
      My Lloyd (Nagi) I think claimed a new wig yesterday. It really shows his sculpt well and fits the personality I think I'm going for with clothes and everything lately. But it definitely shows just how tragic the Faceup actually is. :XD: it was one I did with extreme haste in Canada in like 2 layers at 40F and I think I need to finally redo it soon. I may just paint the same look but actually do it well this time lol.
      I definitely don't need a new boy head... But I'm feeling finally ready to deal with sorting out my doll collection and I hope I can get one more cheap boy body and maybe it would help somehow. I wish I could find something that genuinely works properly for Sven. I'm forever irritated by hybriding him.

15. @AlisonVonderland Thank you :chibi The punk one was fun and the deer antler is also my favorite next to the all black <3 I got the skirt in marketplace and it’s so nicely made and fun to pair with other pieces. Lol my Anima is learning from Nagi :XD: Especially in accessorizing :chibi I’m still learning in the power of accessories- typically I just throw the outfit on the doll but adding accessories really pushes a look further. Ooo new wig for Nagi?:chibi And maybe new makeup for him too?!:whee: Your faceups are really good- I saw your Seven he is just pretty :love . Please show him off when you get his new look! I been wanting to faceup the rest of my DIM minis but I just been so lazy :sweat I’ll probably try next weekend, I really need to clean my place up first- get a good clean environment for creativity. I def feeling you on the doll sorting. I’ve been channeling Marie Kondo and I think I’m going to rehome a few dolls- I love them but I want to go into a different direction in my collecting. They would be better in someone else’s collection I feel <3 I hope you’re able to find a body for Sven! I think I saw a DIM minimee body in the marketplace- I don’t know if the resin will match though even if they’re the same company- or if you like the sculpt (?).

16. Oh by the way thank you @Rabbit-moon about Lloyd! He's coming together! I think the corsets are somehow just perfect for him so I made another already :XD:
      I swear I never mean to ignore replying but I am very poor at paying attention it seems. And I check the notification and then go away and forget.
      I also have a really hard time coming to terms with endings, moving on.... I think it's evident in all that I do honestly.

@krystina thank you! :hug: the one on fer turned out great. I'm capable of great work and also capable of doing poor faceups for myself in bad conditions :XD: I'll have a very good time repainting Lloyd because he always looks great.

I saw that one too. I'm trying to decide what is the best use of very little money. Especially because I have a few unsorted heads left so I'll probably just get whatever I objectively prefer and see what problem it solves when it gets here, as per usual these days. I'm not sure on the resin color but I'm not sure doll in mind and doll in life used the same pink resin color or if the minimee color is more like doll in life. I had Sven's old body a long time ago. It was I think the first version doll in mind? But the color wasn't very pink and he and my Lloyd are pretty different colors. I have trouble finding a body for him because of everything, colors and proportions. :XD:

17. Krystina, he’s rocking that black outfit! The other outfits are fun, but young and smoldering in black is too smexy!:love

AlisonVonderland, LOL! Not to worry! I do the same thing. Additionally, even threads I’ve signed up to watch don’t notify me. Other members have complained about how hit-and-miss the notifications can be at times. (I think there are ghost bugs in this forum:ablah:)

18. @Rabbit-moon Thank you :D Funnily enough, I wear mostly black too :XD: Black slacks, black long sleeves, black pumps, black shades, all black everything :XD:

19. @Rabbit-moon I believe what it is is that the watch notifications are actually made so that if you don't check every notification by going to the thread when it notifies you it decides you don't care and it won't notify you again until you return there. Pretty wacky!

I used to wear a lot of black, and I love black doll clothes, but I have an orange cat. And I feel like the air is just made of cat hair now, so I avoid black clothes especially for my dolls these days :XD: it's such a shame! Because I agree, it's very stylish :aheartbea

20. @AlisonVonderland lol I also have a cat- he does make it hard to wear black :XD: My next cat gonna be a hairless or a devon Rex :chibi