1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll plans 2021

Dec 2, 2020

1. 2021 is setting up to be a busy year for me since half of my collection is setting up to have projects relating to them.
      1.I finally figured out what I want to do with my RS Ming so now I have an entire new outfit to make on my plate, he luckily got his faceup and new body blushing but that's really just the beginning.
      2. My ongoing Demon mod project has a solid direction to go into, granted the entire dye job failed so it looks like I'll be airbrushing every piece individually. I still need to lock in his color scheme set in stone though before I dive ahead since now I'll be able to make him a lot more exact a shade.
      3. The Demon mod also needs a wig and clothes, I've now thrown out 2 wigs that I've made for him, but I guess I should wait for his painting to be done first.
      4. My Iplehouse Leonard needs a completely new faceup that's not as messy and I need to make the jacket that I designed to have WAY too many pockets. I know it's going to be insane to sew and probably take at least 8 hours to pattern but he's based on one of my favorite OCs so I can't really say no.
      5.I'll probably be blushing our new Aimerai Lan and giving her a manicure at some point! Though everything else needs to come first since Lan is already technically done, this is just more fun detailing.

I love dolly projects and my favorite thing about coming back to the hobby after such a long break is that there's so much for me to do. I adore having long term projects too, it's just so much fun to stretch my imagination to run ahead into something new! I have even more projects in mind but this is everything that needs to be finished before I start anything new. I already have enough to bounce through in my limited free time

• Face-up for my incoming Digidolls Ponta
      • Make wig for my tiny mermaid
      • Snag a Seedarts Wol head when they go on sale (body to be purchased in 2022)
      • Face-up for Nova if I can snag him
      • Buy wig for Nova
      • Find Tobias’ missing pentagram harness
      • After that, no new dolls will be purchased. I’d like to think that my collection is now complete

#42 slight, Dec 5, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    2. I hope 2021 year will be a little better.
      :moo

• Make alpaca and angora wigs. This year I had made some, using heat resistant fiber. I want to try other fibers.
      • I got epoxy resin and sylicone to make doll eyes. This project will be postponed to the summer, though.
      • Finnaly make shoes
      • Sew something
      • Felt something
      • Learn to use blender. Sculpt something in blender.
      • Depending on my sculpting progress either print bodies
      • ...or buy at least one body for my floating heads
      • Shorten the list of heads I want by expanding amount of my floating heads. :eusa_pray Dolly gods, help me buy Yicen and/or Mori9 upcoming sculpts. I swear, I want them all.:chomp:
      • Practice painting faceups.

3. Hi,
      Before finding my grail in 2020 I was planning on buying another 3 dolls,
      but now that I have him its kinda strange I just don't want to buy any others.
      I'll just admire the sculpt or ones I previously liked but not interested in buying them anymore lol that sounds really bad...
      I am planning on buying him more custom outfits and wigs. Possibly a new body?
      Looking forward to spending some more time writing and doing some more bjd photography :)
      I would like to get better at making cloths but I havn't had time, studying and working in healthcare means not much free time

4. Unless by some miracle the four discontinued dolls I want happen to pop up on the market or magically falls into my lap again (yes, it's happened before), I only have one doll on my radar. That's also assuming she's still there when I have the funds to buy her.

Otherwise, I need to do a mass overhaul with boil-washing all my girls' wigs. Also, I need to rearrange my doll shelf so that all the dolls could fit on one level and utilize the second for a diorama display. Thirdly, get back into the swing of attempting stop motion; IE: getting better lights, and taller stilettos.

Let's see if I actually get around to any of it though :D

5. 2021, who can believe it?!

My 2021 plans will focus more on aesthetics and maintenance of current and arriving dolls. I have 3 Minifees (w sleeping heads) and a 2ndhand Ring Doll on the way. I am hoping to really focus on creating mood boards to help guide the development of their aesthetics and for creating cohesive clothing styles for them.

Face-ups will also be a huge focus. I think the Ring Doll will need some touch ups to her face up and also a new wig. I plan on repainting my Resinsoul Mei completely, including body blushing. One of the MNFs and the sleeping heads will be without face-ups so I will be practicing on theirs as well. Same with the MNF event head I'll be receiving with my MNF Alicia I ordered this past summer. I also believe said MNF event head is a boy? Still waiting for arrival to figure out how I will style him and also maybe get him a male body.

The rest of my plan is just sewing and crafting as much as possible so I can spoil my dollies. I can't guarantee that I won't buy a new doll this year, but it's not my intension. I definitely won't be buying a full MSD sized doll either since I either have the dolls I am interested in or they are being discontinued. Though I may track down a 2ndhand MNF Mio as I absolutely love her sculpt. I may also invest in some tiny sized dollies I've been interested in. Who can tell?

Best of luck to everyone on their 2021 plans!
      :kitty2

6. I preorder Maiden fish studio Dada, so she might come in March 2021. I probably get more bodies to replace my current ones as most of mine are pretty old. Also waiting for Miadoll to release her BB lamb next year!

7. I am going to try to not get more dolls this year, but I say that every year.... :sweat

Battle plan:
      • Stands for everyone! Be it prefab or my massive plot of a custom cover for the display table that will allow me to plug in stands as I want, I want to get all the dolls on their feet. DONE Went with the prefab route for now, but modded the stands and covered the bases, so it worked out really nice. :)
      • Faceups! Need faceups for my Bella, Nanuri 08, Guan Guang Nian, and my Nano Freya. Faceups for my Juri 12 and Juri 14 if they get bodies
      • Restore "junk" body! Got an old body I tried fixing and made it worse. I have plans to send it off for a more professional assessment and restoration. DONE
      • Wig Making/Customizing! Not sure if my Nanuri 08 will stick with the fur wig I have made for her, or if I will dye a wig, or make a new one out of custom dyed, fiber, but I want to have her perfect wig before I send her off for a faceup.
      • Lights, camera, action? Maybe invest in a photo light kit? A new camera? Actually do things with my dolls?

#48 Tonboko, Dec 6, 2020
      Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    8. I need to designate a space for dolls that isn't just "the box". And I definitely want to get doll stands and a carrier bag (or make one).

Also I definitely plan to spend my leftover christmas money on dolls in January ;). The limited darker skin tones from Luts are simply gorgeous.

9. My doll plans are the following:

Get a SDM or SDC boy body for Ryo
      Try hard to resist new dolls, especially if they’re not regular MSD sized and try to resist/not entering Volks lottery even if I know I want it so much
      Try to get some more boyish wigs for my f33 and f10
      Try to sell on Instagram or fb groups the whole bunch of stuff that doesn’t suit my dolls
      Resist the urge to buy a million outfits for current dolls XD

10. So 2020 was totally not the year to get things done, you can view my inability to accomplish things in my 2020 plans here

My goals for 2021 are:

get an oldskin BW solid-torso body for Shimo
      get an SDGr S-bust body for my SwD Megu head (got a Yuu Morisawa body in March)
      get Yumeko new shoes
      get the hime-cut Passion Red wig for the SwD Megu (traded for it on here in December)
      take the dolls out for more pictures (Yumeko and SwD Megu/SDGr girl went out a few times for pictures)
      twin with Nadeko for some fun pictures
      go to a VOLKS event (went to Dolpa45 and Dolpa46)

#51 Chibi_Rat, Dec 7, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    11. Honestly, I just want to be able to display my dolls this year - I had to move back home and cram everything I own into a 300 square foot room with three walls of windows. :eek: I'm not sure how I'll do that yet, let alone actually make things for the little overlords.

12. This is my first year of being into BJDs, so I'm excited to get more into customizing and finding out what I enjoy.
      • I would like to make 3 or 4 outfits!
      • Practice faceups
      • Order some nice things for my incoming doll
      • Look into getting a second doll so he isn't lonely :pout:

• Maybe receive my Dollshe order. :roll:
      • Decide whether it is time to sell some heads that have been sitting in my drawer
      • Do more 3D sculpting and printing for props and stands
      • Do more sewing. Never doing enough sewing...
      • Finish the hussar project

13. My first doll is sat on the shelf ^_^ So next year's plan is:
      • Narrow down one of my many costume ideas, and stick to it
      • Drape it, find fabric, and complete it
      • Track down a matching wig
      • Get a stand
      • And get a charger for my old camera
      • Attend an in-person doll meetup
      • Collect some "mannequins" or block patterns for popular doll bodies, so I can start crafting for others more easily

14. My plans...

-Get Allie and Linden appropriate clothes (Allie just needs pants and shoes, Linden needs... dress clothes. This should be easy enough, so the priority is low.)
      -Complete a MDD. I've already ordered the head, the body is more of a next year thing for me.

Most of my dolls have everything squared away so... that's about it!

15. The only goal for me now is to contol my hand not purchase any more doll:doh, I already have too much and better focus on them only.

16. My plans for 2021 revolve more around improving the dolls I already have and slowing down on new purchases. I have numerous elf ear mods to do. I have one incoming doll that will need a face-up and one that needs a face-up redone. I have wigs to make for at least three of them, custom eyes to make for a few of them too. And of course, I want to make/buy new clothes for a bunch of them too. One doll also needs to take a dip in a dye bath. I may be purchasing a few bodies to give a couple of my dolls some much-needed posing upgrades. I'll probably make a spreadsheet in google docs before the end of the year just to plan everything out a bit better.

17. I don't have many plans for 2021 just want two more dolls Angel of Dream ShangNai, I'm not sure if I should buy her with the face up or not. And the second doll is a Luts KDF Kiwi, oh yeah and I want to improve my sewing skills more.

18. I ended up getting a lot more dolls than I expected I would this year which has been nice but a little overwhelming. I managed to complete my main goal of this year which was to complete my main dolls and get them new clothes and such.
      My main focus for 2021 is to get faceups, eyes and wigs sorted out for all of the new arrivals. In general I also really need to organize my dolls and sort out a proper space for them in my house. Hopefully I will be able to attend some more meets next year as I do miss them!