1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Lusion Discussion - Part V!

Aug 13, 2014

1. Tenniel's were black and white line drawings - it's only a later edition (when one was used on the cover and coloured) that the colourist gave her blond hair and a blue dress. I much prefer Lewis's own illustrations in the original manuscript he gave to Alice Liddell. At the time, Alice Liddell had her brown hair in a shortish bob style.

Teddy

2. Yes, I know but if you look at the drawings, even in black and white, they're showing a blonde...I've seen his own illustrations but I do prefer the Tenniel ones, even though I love the photos of Alice with her short hair.

3. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one - I look at those pictures and see a girl whose hair could be any colour, as could her clothes.

None of this, however, is very on-topic so getting back to that...

Would you be set on having her as an Alice in Wonderland themed girl, or could you just get her, give her a brunette wig and have her as she is then?

Teddy

4. My Violetta, my Daish, has a pink flamingo and a beautiful Vicki Jones Alice movie dress, so she's my version of Alice. I've done her with the light brown wig and also, blonde. Such fun!

5. All my dolls inevitably end up brunettes or redheads :lol: I have a weird thing about the color blue, and don’t like the particular shade in the doll’s dress, so definitely am passing on her (most likely in favor the latest Illua Daish!)

I too considered your idea Teddy of modifying the boy bits and using the body as a girl because that body is much more to my liking.

So far I don’t think anyone on this board has posted about owning one of the Lusion boys, have they? I’d love to see owner pics eventually.

6. You could always sell it on.

Not that I've seen. It would be nice to see owner pictures at some point. They must have sold enough of the first boy to make it worth their while to add a second boy to the range, so the boys must be out there somewhere.

Teddy

7. They haven't...I put 8 Pinos in my shopping cart and Dollmore let me. So I put 8 Dells in-remova all. Dell is doing better than Pino did in his first week by far. Maybe now that people see Dell, they'll give Pino another chance.

8. so ive just seen around the trinity dolls and oh my god they are tall!! sporting 105cm i cant imagine how much they must weight ._. has everyone else heard of the giant dolls people might mistake them as a small child xD if you have one please tell me more about them id love to know what they are like to handle <3

9. My friend have 2 trinity dolls, he said that this girl can take 1 seat of taxi :)) and she is truly 1m1 so very tall and hard for restring, but she is gorgeous

10. wow <3 ive followed someone on instagram who has one its taller than her 3 year old <3 they truely must be heavy with all that resin

11. Yes, actually very very heavy :))) but gorgeus

His facebook is Quannap (pham anh quan), he's doll face up artist, he have katya and elisya, just take a look :))

#433 rinssoul, Sep 17, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2018
    12. I have two Trinities. They weigh in at around 17 lbs each. Dressing them is ... interesting, to say the least. lol The Lusions are so much lighter in comparison.

13. my one cat weighs 17 pounds lol but Trins are long and more floppy. and Lusions are also awkward... i don't have one but have handled one a clubmate has. But my girl got a stand and it's a bit awkward yet (for me) but it's solid... it has the 'black' waist grip... need to cover them got a smudge on her from putting her in it.. no biggie just annoying. Gonna try 'finger cots'. Really wish i could get the white grip.

14. Absolutely not! Not even close. Although large, they're so differently proportioned and will not work with Masterpiece dolls. Not even close in height, let alone girth, etc.

15. I thought the 29 and 32 inch dolls were close to the height of the Lusions so I wondered if the clothes would fit them.

16. They are, but their bodies are so totally different. The Lusions are wasp-waisted with heavier thighs but nothing like the more realistic proportions of the Masterpiece dolls. I have both, so that's how I know.

17. I see, thank you.