1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley 1/3 Doll Discussion

Nov 27, 2018

1. Hello! I'm a happy owner of B56-01 body. I'd gorgeous, but If want to find a hybrid head for it. Do you know who can be okay for it?

I tried my DIM Anneliese, Fantasiadoll Barbara and Zaoll Muse, they are all good more or less.

2. That's one thing I'm going to try for sure.

The bigger obstacle that I can see (not owning the doll, yet) is the shoulder width, they clock at 10cm, if I'm not mistaken, and the possibility of getting a bobblehead is very real (for my taste). On the other hand it needs to be taken into account that the body slenderness raises the probability of getting a pinhead effect.
      It'd be tricky to find a good balance but I'm confident something will show up eventually.

Who knows, maybe a proper wig will hide/delete most of my fears...

3. I have a Fairyland head on mine. I can get a photo later if you would like.

4. Oh, thank you! I can't wait this))

5. I'm currently awaiting a full Scar in white (that I plan to dye black), another Scar head in NS, and an Abu from the event. Did a big group order with some friends via Clover Singing on a 6 month layaway, which will be paid off next month (though I've already paid off my portion). Christina told me she hopes they will be ready in March. I am SO excited! :D

6. Double post but;
      MY SCAR SHIPPED! And Abu. And extra Scar head. I'm so freaking excited! But oddly, Christina shipped everything out individually. So there are 5 packages going to my friends house who the split is being sent to (3 Scars, 1 Chaos, and 2 Abus but the Abus are packaged together). We had the large order shipped to one person because we figured shipping would be easier, but had we known they'd all come separately we could have had each piece sent to their respective owner. >.<

Also DDE has some Scars and Abus in stock! Only blank for all but they have Scar in coffee.

7. Do the re-released mermaids belong here? They seem to be 1/4 scale bodies with loooooong tails.
      I need - NEED - human legs for that body. That torso is breathtakingly beautiful. I wish they made their other bodies with that torso.
      Edited to add: I asked Alice's Collections. Dream Valley does not offer human legs for the mermaid bodies.
      I don't care. I ordered one anyway. Even though Depths Dolls is going to offer a pre-order for a 1/6 scale mermaid with human legs for the same price - I just went for the DV mermaid. Had to have her. After owning Z7, I have fallen in love with Dream Valley dolls.

#107 MaleficentMrsofEvil, Mar 7, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
    8. I just bought a second-hand Impldoll Sicily head - I'm going to try that. Next up is a Miracle Doll Rita head I'm waiting on.

Surprisingly, 1/4 scale heads look pretty good on that body (IMHO) - but I would have to massively sand down the neck, which I'm not willing to do. This is a Resinsoul/Bobobie Mei head perched on there:
      [​IMG]

I ended up putting Z7's head on an old Angel of Dream body because I like the proportions better. That's a Dollmore Eva Louise head on the Dream Valley body. The fit is perfect - but the head seemed too big.
      [​IMG]

9. @MaleficentMrsofEvil
      That's a very good hybrid there! (Z7 on AoD)
      How's the resin comparison in person? Judging from photo colors only it seems an almost perfect match. Surprisingly, both the B56-01 and and the AoD 58cm body have the same shoulder width, but I find it very hard to believe.

@Cap'n
      I'm happy for you :)
      Scar is a very big boy, and I love black kitties too. I saw several people who placed an order around the same time as mine getting their dolls, but my Qing keeps eluding me, sigh.

10. The AoD body is much broader in every sense - bigger hips, bigger shoulders, the whole enchilada. The Dollmore head looked great on that body, too. :eek: I think I need more AoD bodies... Actually, it's weird, because prior to the switch, the dolls were the exact same height, but after, the hybrid with the Z7 head was shorter. The Dollmore head is pretty big in comparison, I giess. Photo below spoiler due to doll nudity (you might have to log into Flickr - they get cranky when I post nude dolls).

[​IMG]

The color match is perfect because the AoD body is at least a decade old (maybe more) and was yellow as butter. I dyed the resin using that amazing de-zombification serum tutorial in the Workshop area, and the color came out a gorgeous peach - like the fairy skintone used by Alchemic Labo for their Unoas.

11. I realized that the Rah eagle version existed too late to get my hands on one, and I'm over here crying xD. I have noticed that ti seems DV sometimes brings back sculpts - how likely is it that they would do so for the pretty bird boy? Or is my only hope gonna be the secondhand market?

12. I don't think DV has permanently retired any sculpt after a single release, it's a question of how long you're willing to wait. Finding them secondhand can be more difficult if it's a while past when they actually release, but I doubt any Rahs have shipped yet, so if you wanted to wait to see if any dealers get him in stock that's an option.

DV also classes Rah and its ~51cm dolls as 1/4, though, not 1/3 — just as a heads up. You'll probably get more discussion of him over here.

13. My wallet will probably be happier if I have to wait for a while xD Oh yeah, I was wondering if dealers did something like that (I'm very new to the world of BJD). So it would be possible (maybe) to get him in stock at a dealer? I can keep an eye out there around the time I find they get shipped.

Oh, thank you!!! I'll head over there!

14. Am I right in thinking the heads are quite large compared to the bodies, on SD size? I'm obsessed with my Ivy (19cm fairy) but I don't want strange proportions on SD.

15. @AhhTheHorror
      I don't think it's that the heads are large, the bodies are just very skinny/lackey so when compared the heads may seem large. But generally DV 1/3 heads seem to be around 8-8.5cm, which is honesty on the smaller end of 1/3 head sizes. If you compare to like Luts, a typical head size for their Senior Delf 65 males is about 9cm. I have some 1/3 heads around 9.5cm even (plus two 1/4). A smaller head on the DV bodies might look pin-headed based on the shoulder/neck ratio but a lot of it is also personal preference. DV dolls are very much style over realism for their aesthetic so trying to go for more realistic proportions for some of it may look odd.

Also typically many 1/6 and smaller dolls have larger heads than what would be proportional to their bodies. I'm assuming your Ivy is a Dollzone Ivy? In which case, to me, Ivy seems to have a much bigger head to body ratio. Compare where the ears and sides of head align with the shoulders.

16. I... found the head of my Dream Valley Z7 to be a touch large for the body. I feel like the shoulders are a little small. I believe it's a very specific choice to give the doll an otherworldly aesthetic, but I ended up rebodying the head onto an Angel of Dream body, which I like much better.
      However, I am a "make it like Barbie" collector (I want all my dolls to be larger versions of Barbie), so take everything I say with a huge grain of salt.

Z7 on original body:
      [​IMG]

Z7 head on AoD body:
      [​IMG]

17. hihi! I have a hybrid doll on a dream valley b4-04 body (the 51cm one). I'm finding it super hard to find pants to accommodate the length of his legs, and am not really sure where to look or what to look for keyword wise. Wondering if anyone has any tips!

18. Is that outfit the Dollmore one? By chance does it fit on the DV body? My girl needs some clothes that are not dress based.

19. That is a Dollmore outfit, but it's on an AoD body. The DV body is too slender to fit, unfortunately. The clothes would just hang off the body.
      You might try Dollfie Dream or SD16 clothing instead.

20. Would this be a good thread to include my Dream Valley Lloyd in? I know he's a rather uncommon sculpt, but he's on the B70-01 body.