1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever have that character that just seems impossible to shell?

Mar 10, 2016

1. I kind of want a goblin like this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5d/29/df/5d29df214c807af2e8bf43460903b98c.jpg but female. And an older female with a saggy figure at that. I don't usually shell story characters (usually I create them for sculpts), but I kind of want a tiny of one of the goblins in one of my stories. I doubt I'll find one (most are male, or have the wrong proportions, or are too young, and almost none have the right color), and I don't know how to make one, so for now it's not happening.

EDIT: It finally happened, the perfect sculpt! New Doll - ALDOU "the house elf" 14.5 cm BJD No modding needed (though I might still add those old lady boobs), I just need to dye or paint them green! I just wish it had happened after I found a job, or that it wasn't limited. Sigh.

#61 iamkathybrown, Jan 14, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    2. I have a hard time finding a semi-realistic dark tan girl with african features, who smiles, and she has to be at least 62cm, but preferably 65cm. I know it doesn't sound hard, but I swear, if the doll smiles, she's below 60cm, if she has african features, she doesn't smile *_* Right now, I have settled on Iplehouse Lahela on my wishlist. At least that way I could hopefully get her on a HID or EID body and in ebony skin. Maybe the right face-up could make her smile.

I have also had a struggle with Hunter. At first I bought an Iplehouse nYID Oscar, but I thought it looked wrong from the moment I opened the box. Then I sold Oscar and bought a SID Eric, but that looked off as well. Then I bought a Dollits Rey, nope, didn't work. Then a LLT Lazuli, but at that point I changed the characters of my dolls. Now that I have changed back, I'm trying a LLT Lazuli again, and I hope there won't be any more struggles with this character :(

3. I really wish to have a more delicate, detailed, resin version of Elys, but I'm having a hard time finding a sculpt for her. I never managed to fathom how her face exactly looks, so it's complicated to find a sculpt that gives the right "feel" ((´д`))

4. Goooood god YES! I have a Leviathan character xD He's basically the sin - Leviathan or Envy - and is a huge snakelike mancreaturething. I think they're generally called nagas?

Problem is that as of yet i've only seen small nagas that are immature looking. This guy is supposed to look 30 + and have the snakelike body. I have no clue on where to find something like this :c sadface is sad. All my other chars are mostly human looking otherwise!

5. I know loongsoul did that once! I don't know if this helps... God of Water - GongGong Limited - Fullset_Ancient Legends_Limited Edition_loongsouldoll 龙魂bjd

Editing with a link that has properly displaying pics... (Ancient Legends) God of Water - GongGong Fullset, 73.5cm Limited Loong Soul Doll Boy - BJD Dolls, Accessories - Alice's Collections

6. I am having a devil of a time finding a doll to shell Roger, my Johnny's best friend. I want him to be an MSD, but it's hard to find MSD boys that are super-masculine looking. I've found a few from Iplehouse and Souldoll, but even those don't quite do it for me.

7. I was mulling over the idea of shelling one of my angel OCs then I realized it would take a lot of customization on my end (which I am totally not skilled enough for!) since

1. He has abnormally colored highlights in his hair
      2. His "irises" aren't circles, they're golden gears
      3. His wings are specifically steampunk-inspired and I really don't want to think about how I could possibly make it work out

If in the future I can successfully pull this off, however, I'm absolutely going to try!

8. I'm entertaining the idea of shelling an elf character of mine, the difficulty being that he's tall (over 7 ft), buff, and brown/tan. That, coupled with elf ears, coupled with how I envision the character looks, makes for a hunt for me. And I'm sure I'll want to shell at least one of his companions in the future, so I have to be conscious of size.
      The closest I've found is Soom Phonolus, who I would have to embark on a quest to find, anyway, and then I'd only want the pointy-eared head and the human body, and then I'd need to mod the ears. . . although I'm hearing that elf ear mods are possible on normal/human heads?? I don't know. I'm holding onto the "some day" hope. There are new dolls to look forward to in the future. . .

9. I have a young guy who is good looking with a toned body as he is football captain at his school. I have tried several times to shell his character and both times it did not work out.

10. I have a similar problem. I am looking to reshell one of my characters named Olek and I find it impossible to in the msd scale. But, my other dolls are in that scale and I do not want him to be a giant.

11. River Song (Doctor Who) as a tiny. I want a chibi River to go along with Maddy and company, but it's proving to be quite difficult.

12. Well... I have quintuplet deer hybrid boys that I'm pretty sure I'll never shell. I'd love to, but...that's a lot of little deers. And I haven't found a deer hybrid/hooved doll that I love enough to get five of. (Their names are Linden, Lyon, Laurel, Lark, and Lynx and I love them.)

13. I've got a whole list of characters linking to Alex's story; sister, brother-in-law, nephew (my incoming MK Cris), bandmate/cousin, love interest, love rival...

Most have sculpts picked out, apart from the love interest. I want the love rival to be an Iplehouse, because they are such handsome dolls and (no offence to him) Alex could never hope to stand up against an Iplehouse. Don't get me wrong, Alex is gorgeous in his own right, but he's no Iplehouse. So, I would want a girl (from neither Ringdoll or Iplehouse - I would see them as siblings...same company, and everything) that can stand alongside an Iplehouse and not look inferior. But, I would want the same of Alex alongside her; to stand next to her and not look inferior to her. It's hard...

But, I might not be buying any of the other dolls for Alex's story; I would feel compelled to complete the collection, so I might write most of them out of the story to save money! Plus, I have plans for an IOS Anarmonia art project that might, or might not, come to fruition.

14. I don't know if the one who made this thread is still here but i think Dollshe Grant Phillipe is pretty close to the picture. eyes and nose are there but you need mod the mouth.
      Not my picture .

[​IMG]

15. My main girl from my story. I keep finding sculpts that will fit her but then I forget about them and see another girl doll I like and the cycle starts all over again. Someday I will find her and get her ordered. Until then I just enjoy the hunt!

16. Yes! More than not having any dolls that fit, I have quite a few that fit her and it's a headache. Also, it's hard to decide what exactly I want her appearance to be like. I've flip-flopped on her so many times, and seeing the different sculpts only accentuate my confusion, lol. One day I'll decide what to do with her. :daisy

17. I've looked high and low at dolls of all sorts but I haven't found a doll suitable to be my OC, Em.

18. I have that problem a lot, being that most of my characters are weird... such as Alaine, who has four arms. Not many dolls like that, and none in the body type or size I want... time to bust out the clay. again. XD

19. Whelp, I'm back... This time with Eiichi. He's an oni, and has six arms, four horns, tusks, and bright red skin, so I know I won't be shelling him without a bunch of mods. But I can't even find a basic face that works! It seems like most MSD don't have much personality, which is a real shame. Hopefully I'll find the perfect face eventually and will get to start his body mods...