1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland ChicLine 40cm Discussion Part 5

Sep 3, 2018

1. Yah, they do look really thin in the waist :(

2. Just posting an old photo of mine, since I miss the Chicline thread <3

[​IMG]

I'm wondering, are people interested in getting more doll's from this line? Sometime next year, I was thinking of contacting Fairyland to see if they'd do a limited preorder, like they did for us last time, but I obviously won't do that if I'm the only one who is interested in it, so I thought I'd gauge that here, at least.
      I want a Rou so bad for my Ineffa ;-; pretty tan boy and little pale girl. ​

3. @saharali Yes! I would like to get that wonderfully derpy Ital, and a white skin girl for my snow queen! I keep hoping for a new release.:eusa_pray

4. I've been impatiently waiting for them to do a pre-order for this line. They're so cute!

5. I would love another one!

6. So I went back to check the information on the previous chicline preorder (which happened in October 2012!!! 7 years ago!!) and I just thought I should share some information we might want to consider before we actually get in touch with Fairyland, and so we can recall the nerves of not knowing whether the preorder would go through LOL
      I feel like having as much information as we possibly can when we go to Fairyland with our request will work to our benefit. I don't want them to think we're affiliated with people trying to steal their products; we want them to know we're hobbyists who love their dolls and want to support them!
      So, please read thru everything and be as detailed as you feel like being in your replies!! :chibi
      Things from the last preorder to note:
      • Preorder time: 22 days.
      • First and foremost, each doll body type needed a minimum of 20 orders to go into production.
        So, 20 Normal Male dolls, 20 Muscular Male, 20 Normal Bust Female, and 20 Large Bust Female. If 20 of a type were not ordered, that doll was not produced.
      • Face sculpt, leg type (female only), hand choices and resin choices did NOT impact the preorder. The issue was the production of the mold, I believe, since creating body molds are the greatest expense.
      • Hands and feet were available for preorder. Chicline females came with high heeled feet as standard.
      • Tanned skin was not available. I definitely want tanned skin for my potential order, since they're offering it more frequently, (last one was June-July LE Minfiee) I think we should consider requesting it. Can't hurt to ask for it.
      -----​

When we went through this preorder last time, we managed to get all dolls made! If this is how it's run again, hopefully we'll be able to manage to get all the dolls we want.

Fairyland has since hidden their a la carte pages from the site, but the different body types can be found here: Male, Female.
      I recommend looking them over and reminding yourselves of the diffferences so you can figure out which body you'd like.

And, once you know which doll you'll want, please considering answering this poll regarding which body type you're interested in! If we know what we want, Fairyland might be more considerate of our request.
      :apresent: Body Type Poll :apresent:

Also consider answering this poll; if we can figure out the best time for all of us to order without monetary issues (is there a universal tax time?) then we'd be able to afford more dolls, and get the preorder to go through.
      :apresent: Preorder Period Poll :apresent:

Finally, a poll for head sculpts. I know that heads aren't crucial to assuring preorder, but I thought it'd be fun to see what we're all interested in! uwu
      :apresent: Sculpt Poll :apresent:

PLEASE ONLY VOTE ONCE ON THESE POLLS!! THINK ABOUT YOUR ANSWERS CAREFULLY!

-----​

That's all I can think of for now. :evilplot: Let's plan, and let's work towards convincing Fairyland to give us another preorder!​

7. tan Rou muscular. I have him in white muscular & normal slim. tan Fabilus is wonderful, so I 'd love another tan for my 5 chic crew. <3

8. Don't have the funds ATM, but I'd try to drum up cash if you all did this :)

9. I would love to own two more male bodies, but I don't believe I would have funds for them either. I'm buried deep in pre-orders for at least until May/June of next year, so I don't think I'll have extra funds laying around anytime soon. ^.^;; I do love the Chic Line bodies so it's hard to say no, however, I'm not swimming in money. I have to be a responsible adult (which sucks!), and just say I can't right now. I do hope to see more Chic Lines around, it's always great seeing what other people do with the same exact sculpt!

I think I never posted my entry for this years sewing contest, so I'll leave it here; the challenge was to make the entire thing out of lace. I suck at sewing, so that's why I love entering the contests; I get to sew something new for my dolls because I no longer have the motivation to do it, on a regular basis. DX
      [​IMG]

And this is my 2017 (I think?) entry. If I recall correctly the challenge was to use only sheer fabric, but I might be wrong. I chose to make a black-cat inspired outfit, because I love animals and people rarely adopt black ones of any species but specially cats:
      [​IMG]

10. @IngieBee @Enzyme Hard same xD I won't actually be able to afford a new boy for a while, I'm paying off some home repairs so obviously that takes priority. BUT! I'm the kinda girl who plans things months in advance, so even if we plan to get the order to hapepen in the second half of 2020 (after July) I like knowing everything now. I may be slightly compulsive. So still respond to the surveys so we know when everyone is comfortable :)

Also dAMN @Enzyme those outfits are stunning. Sheer fabric is such a pain to me, so your work is even more astounding! Kitty tail also makes me very happy!

11. Awesome costumes, @Enzyme!

@saharali , survey? Where is the survey? I'll respond :thumbup

12. Oh gosh, LOL, I remember seeing that post, but it was long, and I didn't read it (usually skimming through, LOL)

Anyways, i voted :)

13. Saharali, if I don't add more stuff to my already long list of pre-orders I already have (which I doubt I won't, because FFVII Remake stuff will probably be coming out around then), then I'll might contemplate adding two more male Chic Line bodies to my collection. I wish there were options to have the body reproduced in other plastics, I'm not too much of a fan of resin, but I know these are all small companies who can't afford metal molds. Thanks for your comments on my crappy sewing skills, I'm too old know to improve now, but when I was younger I actually did try to learn! Before gettting my first "BJD" I had never even owned needle and thread. DX

IngieBee, thank you! I tried making them everyday-wear type outfits, but I'm a bit crazy so they did turnout a bit costume-like. I wouldn't wear them myself to go to work, but I don't doubt I would wear a all pieces with othe stuff underneath (for modesty reasons). (:

14. I voted! I would love a chicline! (Or several)

15. Hi. I know it's possible to put a mnf head a chicline body. Does someone have picture of how to do it and can tell me how to put it?

16. #97 Lady Ravenswood, Jun 24, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    17. I think i have the connector to adapt the mnf head on the body, i just don't know how to put it and i'm afraid to break it if i do it the wrong way

18. Ah, I see! I'm so sorry I can't help with how to attach it as I've never had one. Does it not fit on the current neck mech key?

19. @cawo114 Can you post any pictures? Maybe we can help then?

Tags: