1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How big is your doll family?

Jul 2, 2017

1. Hovering around 50. I've been at this a long time though, I didn't acquire all of these at once! As exciting as new dolls are, I'm strangely completely content with the ones I have. I'm definitely open to adding to my doll family still and have no "set number" I'm limiting myself to, but I've gotten pretty much all the dolls I want! I'll never stop fine-tuning my hobby though and purchasing new wigs, eyes, clothing (maybe even *gasp* shoes, but let's not get too crazy here). Didn't plan on such a large collection, but it works for me!

2. My numbers have dwindled over the past several months. I sold quite a few when I needed money for medical bills recently.
      As of August I had 30 full dolls

I now have 18 full dolls, 4 floating heads and 1 body.

Full dolls:
      8 SD
      6 MSD
      1 KID
      3 YOSD

#83 ParlourGoddess, Mar 31, 2022
      Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
    3. Oh gosh let's see.
      • 1/12 - 1
      • 1/8 - 4
      • 1/6 - 11
      • 1/4 - 6 (with 2 ordered/on the way)
      • 1/3 - 4 (with 2 ordered/on the way)
      If I had more space, I'd be getting more xD but it's hard when I have a small room and not a lotta space to work with.

4. If we are only counting on topic dolls, then 6. I have 4 of them completed and am working on two. I need to get them faceups. I have one SD and the rest are MSD.

5. If I count them all (including dolls I am still waiting on) my total would be 12
      3 Atelier Momoni Pitusas
      2 Myou Vieruodis
      1 STOdoll
      3 Monster high dolls
      3 Amigurumi dolls

6. I have fourteen:
      3 Dollzone
      2 Ringdoll
      1 IOS
      2 Doll Family H
      1 Telethesia
      1 Akagi Doll
      1 Magical Angel
      1 Hybrid
      2 Off topic dolls

7. After 14 years in the hobby, I have... 2.

Mydolling Heeah who is 40 cm tall and super realistic-looking, and an iMda Amellia who is 30 cm tall and has a giant SD-sized dolly noggin. Heeah's entire eyeball is as big as Amellia's iris, haha.

I've owned and sold a bunch of other dolls, but these have stuck around through the "maybe I should just sell them and leave the hobby" thoughts.

8. 7 full dolls (5 SD, 2 MSD) + 2 pet dragons + 3 floating heads

9. A few years later, and I have worked down to 19 whole, on topic dolls plus two BJD heads on off topic vinyl bodies. I am waiting on a body to go with the last head I bought, but I am going to sell my Lacy Mio in the meantime. I have stayed close to 20 for years now, so I guess that’s the amount I’m most comfortable with.

10. Currently sitting at 35 full dolls and 3 bodies.

1 Kids Sky yosd
      4 Fairyland Minifees
      3 Minifee bodies
      1 DiM/Doll Leaves hybrid MSD
      1 Dollits MSD
      2 Bimong MSDs
      7 Harucasting MSDs
      2 Harucasting yosds
      1 Souldoll MSD
      2 Black Cherry Dolls MSDs
      1 MayakDolls/Doll Leaves hybrid MSD
      4 Doll Leaves MSDs
      1 MerviaArt Dolls MSD
      1 YouplaDolls MSD
      1 Maddybear Dolls MSD
      1 Tonocha BJD MSD
      1 OT BJD designed by me
      4 BJDs that can’t be named here anymore because the artists have been banned

I have 12 full dolls and 3 heads on order:
      1 Black Cherry Dolls MSD
      1 Frappzilla MSD
      1 Curvy Alien Dolls MSD
      1 Do Dolls Dream MSD
      2 Lillycat MSDs
      1 rap1993 MSD
      1 Skyland Dolls yosd
      2 Yummy Sweets Dolls yosds
      1 Souldoll MSD
      1 Withdoll MSD
      3 heads that can’t be named

11. I have 9 dolls in my current family:

- 3 SD (one is a 1/2 scale doll)
      - 3 MSD
      - 3 Tinies

12. Currently I own:
      1 x 1/3 (57cm - I've learned I can't handle any dolls larger or heavier than this)
      1 x 1/8 (17cm - my first doll and I love her, but don't want anything this small in the future)

And I'm waiting for:
      1 x 1/4 (40cm)
      1 x small 1/3 (53cm)

The rest of my wishlist consists of two more 1/3 dolls, 1-2 more 1/4 dolls, 1 mature 1/4 doll, 1 1/6 doll, and a few floating heads to share with full dolls' bodies.

I also plan to sculpt heads for specific characters and even sculpt full dolls for some (the only male character I dream of shelling has no hope of fitting any existing sculpt).

I am VERY picky with bjds - I've sold far more than I've kept. So some of those on my list might end up being redundant. My goal is to keep the number at 10 or under. I'm grateful I have a short-ish list since I tend to prefer really expensive dolls made by single artists or small companies (Thank you SO much, inner sense of aesthetics haha).

13. I guess- in total, I've had 3, now I have two and one floating head (not related to the previous 3rd) I'm currently looking into buying an actual 3rd. I've kind of set a hard limit for myself to never go over 10 dolls, that might change in the future but I collect way too many other things and my dolls will sometimes sit in their boxes for a while until my attention goes back to them,, aha I've just got a really limited span of attention sometimes.

14. I have 6 dolls and I think that's a great number (2 MSDs, 1 Yo-SD and 3 tiny anthros).
      My experience has shown me that I'm not comfortable having a higher number of doll because I don't have the time to give them attention and I start feeling guilty and also falling out of love with them.

15. I own 6 resin dolls (and I think two of them may be off topic here) but I'm pretty happy with my collection. I may add one or two more in the future but so far I don't have any concrete plans as I'm trying to get my whole doll collection (including my off topics) properly dressed/finished first.

16. I will own 3 on topic dolls by the end of this year. All in the SD size. 2 are on order.

17. I own 7 SD dolls (Rei, Roux, Léon, Nora, Tashan, Karen, An-Li) +1 floating head (Cliff-Morse).

18. Currently 32 of various sizes, plus two heads I'm seriously looking for bodies for, plus two big boys on order.

19. For now I only have two unfinished dolls (Alma, a DC Nicola /DZ MSD hybrid and Maya, a Minifee Rendia).
      But I have dolly-related plans for three more dolls in the future. :)