1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Obitsu General Discussion - Part Three (60cm, 55cm, 50cm and 47cm)

Oct 14, 2016

1. My 3 Gals :)

[​IMG]

2. My Obitsu 60 is finally on the way home to me! I got text updates this morning from USPS about it being on the way to its final destination from New Jersey! At least I know my Ob60 did NOT become one with the Pacific Ocean (or Atlantic Ocean)!

I don’t know if I should make this one male or female.. He/she will have the same head design as my female 50cm. Considering that Obitsu 60s have been discontinued, it’s going to be borderline impossible to find any Obitsu-made male parts for one unless it’s aftermarket.

I could switch Meigana’s head and parts over to the 60cm body from the 50cm and solve that issue.. I can’t wait to take pictures of my new arrival!!

#482 Rneiro, Mar 11, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    3. Would anybody know if a volks sd16 head would fit on the angel philia body?

4. You could probably jury-rig something but the proportions might look bobble-headed. SD16 wears a 9-10" wig and most 50cm Obitsu heads are between 7-8". Next to my Volks SD my Obitsu def looks closer to MSD-size.

5. I got my new girl Cempasúchil a few days ago she is an AP Yurina :)

[​IMG]

6. @MrFjmg2003 Congrats on her! She looks lovely. I really like the gold top with her carrot red hair. Do you have enough girls now that they might form an Angel Philia Sorority?

7. LOL probably but she will be my last one at least for this year. I have five now, and those are the sculpts that I really like. This I got last was my ultimate favorite AP sculpt. But I never could find in tan skin on the second hand market and she was always sold out on FaithZ. I’m happy I found her on Manadarake :)

8. I got my first Obitsu last year and I have become a BIG fan. Aside from a random knee or arm deciding to gtfo, these bodies pose so wonderfully. You don't need to worry about tension, stringing, etc. If you move it, it WILL stay (again unless it decides it's time to fall off -- which is infrequent and funny too).

9. I’m sure some of you already saw her. But here is a picture of my Abuelita. She is finally complete and I’m happy with the way she looks :)

[​IMG]

10. Okay.. So, it turns out the Obitsu 60 doll I bought used from Japan has been and still is stuck in US customs since March 11th.

Today, I bought a new Obitsu 60cm from Doll Peddlar! I made sure to ask for USPS Priority Express and insurance. My new doll should be arriving tomorrow!

I’m so excited! Once all purchased dolls are in my possession, then I will own 3 Obitsu(s)! The only doll I have in my possession at this moment is Meigana, an Obitsu 50cm with DollyPop parts. Meigana was known as GONN 2.0 before I finally came up with a name for her.

The 2 other undelivered dolls are both Obitsu 60s and are named GONN 1.0 and GONN 3.0.

By the way, GONN stands for Good Ole No Name.

11. How do you come up with character concepts for your dolls? Do you draft, imagine or find a picture of how you want them to look like? Or did you come up with those concepts off the top of your head?

I came up with Meigana’s character concept, or at least how I wanted her to look like after seeing Parabox’s hand-painted Luna head D preview pictures.

12. @MrFjmg2003 I really like your Abulita! She's really unique and her wig is very cool. I like the mature styling you used for her!

13. Does anybody know the eye and wig size of this stock Obitsu 65cm male head? I still don’t know how to post pictures on here, so here’s a link to it instead.

65cm Mens Head M01

14. I bought my first Angel Philia doll, Ellie! She's going to ship next month, I'm so happy

15. Ahhh concratulations! I love Ellie! But I don't have any anime looking dolls so I don't think I'd end up keeping her. I have this weird think about all my dolls fitting together. Anyway I am eager to see pictures when she arrives!

16. My first Angel Philia arrived yesterday! I'm this beautiful girl's 3rd owner - I believe she is the Erina sculpt from what I've been able to find online. Her name is Sakura aka Saki for short ~ She's my tattooed, e-girl doll and I'm super obsessed with her. I did the tattoos, they are from Gigi's tattoo shop and I think they turned out great ^.^
      [​IMG]

#496 BunnyLopunny, Jul 14, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    17. CONGRATULATIONS on your first AP girl. She looks awesome. I love her tattoos :)

18. @BunnyLopunny Welcome to the AP club! Saki looks fantastic! Great job on her tattoos and I think her shoes and kitty cat top are super cute too! I'm glad you have her home now and are enjoying her.

19. I saw her on IG. She is so cool with her awesome tattoos. You should also share your girl on the AP thread. Here is the link :)

https://denofangels.com/threads/angel-philia.781436/page-12#post-12953179

20. Does anyone know where to find good-looking male (as in men) heads for an Obitsu 65cm? I see that Parabox sells male heads, but they are boyish. I do not mind if the heads are resin or vinyl!

I plan on using putty to sculpt muscles and veins on my 65cm! He’s supposed to look like Michelangelo’s statue of David with his only article of clothing a fig leaf.